Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 11 Nov 2020, 14:15 (Ref:4015995)   #276
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think Reynolds just had a bad season due to circumstances. Previous seasons he was on top of things. I think he's shown he's good enough

Anton is no doubt getting better all the time too. I doubt Moff and Jackson would do any better than Reynolds has done.

I think Reynolds deserves another chance. Those two names mentioned would not be an improvement over Davey. They have hardly set the world on fire, whatever you may think of them
Old 11 Nov 2020, 22:45 (Ref:4016070)   #277
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Come on enliighten me..

What has Reynolds achieved in the recent past other than get his backside handed to him by Anton?
4 spots higher in the championship, 150 points difference and 1 race win to nil is having your @55 handed to you? Ok...

Given the stories emanating from the team about Erebus being a very unhappy camp, and Dave not having direct access to his engineer, I'm not sure this apparent flogging by Anton would or should result in Reynolds not having a drive. Particularly given how fond of him Penrite are.
Old 12 Nov 2020, 01:14 (Ref:4016082)   #278
Sultan
Veteran

Australia
Brisvegas, Australia
Sultan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do some people have such short memories?
DR’s raw speed should never be questioned, he’s top shelf.
The fact is, all drivers, in any category anywhere, have their own way of achieving their speed. Some love tough love, some need their arm around their shoulder, for some, it’s somewhere in between.

There is nothing wrong with any of them, it’s simply whatever suits.
Anyone who brushes this notion is an armchair expert at best.

It seems Al McVeigh was able to find what Dave needed, without him there, Barry’s way clearly didn’t work for him.
Let us also not forget, that regardless of the driver, the cars this year clearly didn’t have the consistency of previous years, which no doubt had an impact.

Just my thoughts..
Old 12 Nov 2020, 10:03 (Ref:4016119)   #279
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think people underappreciate Davey Reynolds. He's always done a solid job at worst. No reason for any team not to hire him. The way he does things seems to work and people would be foolish not to consider him

He's not the best, but on his day he can mix it with anyone. I don't know why some people don't rate him. The work he did for McVeigh was nothing short of helpful. He just needs the right team of people round him to deliver his best. He did his best in difficult circumstances this season and it's a shame it never really worked out for him in the end.

I agree, Davey has done enough to stay in the series
Old 14 Nov 2020, 10:06 (Ref:4016466)   #280
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The comment about taking mini Moff or Jacobson over Davey has to be a joke.

Reynolds:
10 full seasons (6 inside the top 10 in points)
Best champ finish of 3rd
Bathurst winner (almost 2x)
Also FF champ, Porsche champ

Moffat:
7 full seasons
Best champ finish of 16th
Bathurst podium

Yearly:
2011 - Davey 19th, Moff 23rd
2012 - Davey 9th, Moff 21st
2013 - Davey 9th, Moff 18th
2014 - Davey 15th, Moff 16th
2015 - Davey 3rd, Moff 18th
2016 - Davey 16th, Moff 20th (Davey in Erebus junk, Moff in relatively hot Volvo)
2017 - Davey 7th, Moff 17th

Jacobson:
2 full seasons (21st and 23rd)
Dunlop series champ

Jacobson obviously a bit of a question mark still... He had an impressive enduro run in Bright's car if I remember right, but hasn't impressed much in the last 2 seasons. I think we would know by now if he was going to be anything too special, but he certainly could have a solid career going forward.

Even ignoring the fact that Davey seems to be a bit of a fan favorite, I know which one I'd be putting in my car if I had a choice.
Old 14 Nov 2020, 11:17 (Ref:4016477)   #281
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"The comment about taking mini Moff or Jacobson over Davey has to be a joke"

Exactly as I said...........whats he been smokin
Old 14 Nov 2020, 14:03 (Ref:4016531)   #282
S griffin
Veteran

Exactly, I can't see why those two would be an improvement on the solid Davey. I don't know why people would even consider it
Old 15 Nov 2020, 02:03 (Ref:4016761)   #283
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No one would without a solid cheque backing those other two.
Old 16 Nov 2020, 10:32 (Ref:4017197)   #284
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I'm just advocating giving other drivers a chance? My opinion is that Moff and Garry are 2 of those.

Reynolds is too hot and cold. Sure, he has great speed but only on given weekends.

Which drivers do you guys reckon deserve a chance?
Old 16 Nov 2020, 21:17 (Ref:4017329)   #285
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I'm just advocating giving other drivers a chance? My opinion is that Moff and Garry are 2 of those.

Reynolds is too hot and cold. Sure, he has great speed but only on given weekends.

Owen Kelly for an endurance drive.
Old 16 Nov 2020, 21:38 (Ref:4017331)   #286
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
Quote:

Reynolds for one.
Old 16 Nov 2020, 22:55 (Ref:4017346)   #287
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Reynolds for one.
Heh heh...
Old 16 Nov 2020, 23:19 (Ref:4017359)   #288
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
Owen Kelly for an endurance drive.
at 43, I think we should be blooding some younger people. Capable and safe steerer, but he has had his chance
Old 17 Nov 2020, 00:15 (Ref:4017363)   #289
djr81
Racer

djr81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
"The comment about taking mini Moff or Jacobson over Davey has to be a joke"

Exactly as I said...........whats he been smokin
I, for one, would like to see Moffat in a full time seat. Not saying Davisons but nonetheless he has the talent and the profile to warrant one.
Old 17 Nov 2020, 04:32 (Ref:4017372)   #290
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by djr81 View Post
I, for one, would like to see Moffat in a full time seat. Not saying Davisons but nonetheless he has the talent and the profile to warrant one.
For sure, I dont mind Moff at all but he isnt a replacement for Davey was all I was suggesting in that instance.

Open up more RECs
Old 17 Nov 2020, 05:42 (Ref:4017375)   #291
Maggo
Racer

Germany
Maggo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would like to see Hülkenberg in RepcoSC (VA is not sponsoring anymore https://www.supercars.com/news/champ...o-and-hashtag/ )
Old 17 Nov 2020, 07:50 (Ref:4017383)   #292
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
For sure, I dont mind Moff at all but he isnt a replacement for Davey was all I was suggesting in that instance.

Open up more RECs
.... on both counts.
Old 17 Nov 2020, 22:19 (Ref:4017561)   #293
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Open up more RECs
That doesn’t do much for REC values. Especially given the current climate
Old 17 Nov 2020, 22:23 (Ref:4017563)   #294
kittle
Veteran

kittle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fabs joining Team Sydney-Tekno for 2021? Could this be true or would he be better of being and endurance employee?
Old 18 Nov 2020, 04:35 (Ref:4017594)   #295
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
That doesn’t do much for REC values. Especially given the current climate
well they were dragging super 2 into the mix to get involved.
Open up more RECs

Is the value of the REC more important or the value of having extra cometitors?

Wasnt so long ago that RECs were cheap as chips. The increase in value has decreased the requirement.

Happy to see bigger fields....just my opinion.
Old 18 Nov 2020, 10:07 (Ref:4017623)   #296
S griffin
Veteran

I think the Supercar series will be fine. Needn't worry about Super 2. We'll see what happens with the REC

Personally I think having more competitors is more important than REC. Obviously RECs aren't as popular as they were initially, I wonder why? They've got more expensive meaning they aren't as good value for money they used to be and they aren't as big a requirement now unfortunately.

Let's hope we have more cars on the grid, anything less than 20 isn't good enough. We need the series to keep going strong, even if it takes some time to get back to it's best. Still a great series though
Old 18 Nov 2020, 12:40 (Ref:4017657)   #297
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I think the Supercar series will be fine. Needn't worry about Super 2. We'll see what happens with the REC

Personally I think having more competitors is more important than REC. Obviously RECs aren't as popular as they were initially, I wonder why? They've got more expensive meaning they aren't as good value for money they used to be and they aren't as big a requirement now unfortunately.

Let's hope we have more cars on the grid, anything less than 20 isn't good enough. We need the series to keep going strong, even if it takes some time to get back to it's best. Still a great series though
AGREED
Old 18 Nov 2020, 19:13 (Ref:4017741)   #298
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
well they were dragging super 2 into the mix to get involved.
Open up more RECs

Is the value of the REC more important or the value of having extra cometitors?

Wasnt so long ago that RECs were cheap as chips. The increase in value has decreased the requirement.

Happy to see bigger fields....just my opinion.
They were cheap as chips because less people wanted one than there were available

26 people interested in 24 RECS makes them worth something , 24 people interested in 26 RECS makes them worthless.

Why devalue them by giving one to anyone who wants them? Get 28 interested parties, then increase the RECS to 26.

The whole point of a REC was to give the teams an asset to buy and sell, why make it worthless?

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin
Obviously RECs aren't as popular as they were initially, I wonder why? They've got more expensive meaning they aren't as good value for money they used to be and they aren't as big a requirement now unfortunately
The whole point of a REC is that they get more expensive , that means they are better value. They are of less value the cheaper they get
Old 18 Nov 2020, 22:35 (Ref:4017777)   #299
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
at 43, I think we should be blooding some younger people. Capable and safe steerer, but he has had his chance
These old hands really delivered at Bathurst this year. Luffy cracked out a 2.05 2 laps in, without sitting his bum in a car Al year.

Experience I think counts more at Bathurst. Owen Kelly has done racing in the US so I think he is very well credentialled.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Old 19 Nov 2020, 06:16 (Ref:4017811)   #300
bloxsidgemotorsport
Rookie

bloxsidgemotorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wonder if Super2 will use the new cars when they come out as well. Cant imagine alot of teams will enjoy running a more expensive car to operate in the 2nd division.