Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 3 Oct 2020, 01:45 (Ref:4008153)   #1
karimbo
Veteran

Canada
Montreal, Canada
karimbo has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Honda will announce entering Formula E in ... weeks

How many weeks now for Honda to announce the REAL world premium championship, i.e. Formula E?

My guess is 30 weeks. And yours?
Old 3 Oct 2020, 04:56 (Ref:4008171)   #2
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
or they may enter the more exciting World Watching Paint Dry Championship...
Old 3 Oct 2020, 06:12 (Ref:4008175)   #3
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Great shame to put a thread about the contrived, artificial, utterly boring and pointless "Formula E" into the F1 section.

I'm assuming the original post was about but I won't bite too hard

Formula E is EXACTLY what can happen when actual motorsport ethos is subjugated to the desires of manufacturers and hand-wringing do-gooders - a crass, utterly contrived, not real, mess of a "how good are we" series that achieves precisely nothing for motorsport generally. Although it should be said that it does give drivers who couldn't quite make it in the real world somewhere to go.

Armco is on the money - the watching paint dry championship (along with the watching grass grow & snail marathon) is VASTLY more exciting.

There you go, told you I wouldn't bit too hard!
Old 3 Oct 2020, 06:42 (Ref:4008177)   #4
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It will be announced by the 1st of December 2020, Dulux will be the team sponsor and Brunnings Grass Seeds will a secondary sponsor.

A one legged, transgender dwarf from an impoverished background with no prior driving experience will be the number 1 driver.
Old 3 Oct 2020, 08:56 (Ref:4008192)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
It will be announced by the 1st of December 2020, Dulux will be the team sponsor and Brunnings Grass Seeds will a secondary sponsor.

A one legged, transgender dwarf from an impoverished background with no prior driving experience will be the number 1 driver.
I hear the BBC are being urged to have more of this type of comedy in future.
Old 3 Oct 2020, 10:06 (Ref:4008203)   #6
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Great shame to put a thread about the contrived, artificial, utterly boring and pointless "Formula E" into the F1 section.

Formula E is EXACTLY what can happen when actual motorsport ethos is subjugated to the desires of manufacturers and hand-wringing do-gooders - a crass, utterly contrived, not real, mess of a "how good are we" series that achieves precisely nothing for motorsport generally. Although it should be said that it does give drivers who couldn't quite make it in the real world somewhere to go.

Armco is on the money - the watching paint dry championship (along with the watching grass grow & snail marathon) is VASTLY more exciting.

There are other series outside of F1 you know. Just because a driver didn't have the opportunity, money or the right political connections to get into F1 or remain in F1 doesn't mean they "couldn't quite make it in the real world". All motorsport outside of F1 is the real world as far as I'm concerned.

People who say that FE is like watching paint dry have obviously never watched more than a few seconds of it. I've watched every race since it began and I've seen far more wheel to wheel racing in that time than in the Mercedes only F1 series.
Old 3 Oct 2020, 10:08 (Ref:4008204)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I like Formula E a lot (flawed as it is) but this probably doesn't really belong in the F1 forum.
Old 3 Oct 2020, 10:08 (Ref:4008205)   #8
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Man, people get REALLY upset and angry when Formula E is mentioned.
Old 3 Oct 2020, 10:36 (Ref:4008211)   #9
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post

Thank you!

Formula 5-
Old 3 Oct 2020, 12:40 (Ref:4008247)   #10
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
People have bitten and are currently being grilled on the barbecue along with some too well done Tesco value steaks.

Thread closed.