Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 30 May 2008, 13:28 (Ref:2215317)   #126
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It'll be there.

Fear not.

If it isn't, we'll get Pascal to plant us another one and water it with Gewurztraminer..........

(On the other hand, no, that would be a waste...... )
Old 30 May 2008, 15:33 (Ref:2215387)   #127
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Who's bringing the pin?
Old 30 May 2008, 15:37 (Ref:2215389)   #128
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not sure, Paul brought it last year - does anyone know if it's in hand - or should it be a surprise?
Old 31 May 2008, 00:14 (Ref:2215657)   #129
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
An invitation from Jonathan France.............

I had an unexpected phone call from Jonathan France yesterday. I was aware that he had a number of 'plans for the fans' already in place for Le Mans involving the gorgeous Embassy Girls and the (not quite so gorgeous) drivers, but what I didn't know was that he wanted to do something exclusively for Tenths members by way of a personal 'thank you' for the fantastic support he and the team have received from this forum.

What Jonathan has proposed is a garage for us on the Friday afternoon (exact timings TBA) which he will host personally. Other key members of the team will also be present.

I'm sure you'll agree that this is an exceptionally kind invitation from Jonathan and a fantastic opportunity to see the car close up and to meet and chat with Jonathan and his crew.

Jonathan did ask that I try to get some idea of numbers, so in the same way that Pascal has been listing names in order to get approximate numbers for the Saturday meeting, I'd appreciate it if those of you who would like to attend the Friday afternoon 'Embassy Garage Visit' would also indicate your intent.
Old 31 May 2008, 00:30 (Ref:2215660)   #130
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
What Jonathan has proposed is a garage for us..........
Sorry guys, that should read "What Jonathan has proposed is a garage visit for us.........."

Major oops!
Old 31 May 2008, 09:20 (Ref:2215795)   #131
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
you can count me in .. for both Friday and Saturday
and I'll bring a friend too

Ciao Marco
Old 31 May 2008, 09:28 (Ref:2215798)   #132
Sarthe82
Racer

United Kingdom
Surrey
Sarthe82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Sorry guys, that should read "What Jonathan has proposed is a garage visit for us.........."

Major oops!
Certainly beats a grandstand seat!

I'd be keen as mustard for this, although I realise I'm very new to the forum so haven't met any other members yet. Also I'm there with seven others if you're short of numbers.....
Old 31 May 2008, 09:50 (Ref:2215807)   #133
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
I should be there by then so count me in, (and probably Aysedasi as we are travelling down as part of the Tourists convoy). I lurk more on the forum than I post these days but I have been following the threads here about the team.
It is a really generous idea from Jonathan and reconfirms to me that the true spirit of Le Mans is alive and kicking, despite the new Village, chicanes, Audi steamrollers etc etc! Please pass on our thanks to him.
Old 31 May 2008, 10:04 (Ref:2215817)   #134
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarthe82
I'd be keen as mustard for this, although I realise I'm very new to the forum so haven't met any other members yet. Also I'm there with seven others if you're short of numbers.....
Doesn't matter one bit if you're a relatively new member. You're an active member and excellent contributor to the forum, you'll be most welcome!

With regard to 'clans' who would like to accompany members on the visit, we'll have to see how numbers pan out. Members will, of course, have priority. I'll speak to Jonathan about numbers next week when we have a handle on how many people would like to attend. I'd originally anticipated between 10 and 20 members who might like to attend, but that was just a very rough guesstimate.

If you're with a group, please say how many you'll be and we'll make a decision towards the end of next week.
Old 31 May 2008, 10:12 (Ref:2215821)   #135
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You can count me in for that one, as people may or may not know Embassy HQ is only a mile or so up the road from home. I was also lucky enough to be present at a bar in Leeds back in March 2004 when they pulled the cover's off there Corvette. So I am pleased that my local team are racing at Le Mans.
Old 31 May 2008, 10:23 (Ref:2215825)   #136
Sarthe82
Racer

United Kingdom
Surrey
Quote:
Doesn't matter one bit if you're a relatively new member. You're an active member and excellent contributor to the forum, you'll be most welcome!
Cheers mate, that's really appreciated!
Old 31 May 2008, 10:36 (Ref:2215832)   #137
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
I shall certainly be there under the tree on the Saturday morning. I'd also like to be in for the garage visit if the timing's right - I'll be at the old John Wyer HQ at Hotel de France at La Chartre-sur-le-Loir on the Friday lunchtime.
[IMG][/IMG]1

A really nice place to meet up with Le Mans fans, see an amazing assortment of cars from 1930s Bentleys to modern Ferraris, view the collection of Le Mans photos from way back when in the bar and have a glass of wine or beer (or two).

See you all by the pin under the tree on Saturday 14th.
Old 31 May 2008, 13:02 (Ref:2215904)   #138
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllonFS
I should be there by then so count me in, (and probably Aysedasi as we are travelling down as part of the Tourists convoy). I lurk more on the forum than I post these days but I have been following the threads here about the team.
It is a really generous idea from Jonathan and reconfirms to me that the true spirit of Le Mans is alive and kicking, despite the new Village, chicanes, Audi steamrollers etc etc! Please pass on our thanks to him.

Allon and I will have to hope we'll be there for the moment. Allon has yet to find out that the Tourists do things mostly as a democracy - and if that means the majority want to move on and do something else, then we go somewhere else....

I'm hoping that if I can persuade our Chief Tourist that this is too good to miss at least he, Allon and I can get to go. After all, we'll have 5 cars at LM this year, so if the others want to wander off somewhere else in search of (inevitably) food and drink, they can do so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy
I shall certainly be there under the tree on the Saturday morning. I'd also like to be in for the garage visit if the timing's right - I'll be at the old John Wyer HQ at Hotel de France at La Chartre-sur-le-Loir on the Friday lunchtime.

A really nice place to meet up with Le Mans fans, see an amazing assortment of cars from 1930s Bentleys to modern Ferraris, view the collection of Le Mans photos from way back when in the bar and have a glass of wine or beer (or two).

It's a smashing place for sure, and I recommend a visit there for any Le Mans fan. Probably no nicer pl;ace for a beer or glass of wine in the glorious sunshine

Last edited by Aysedasi; 31 May 2008 at 13:05.
Old 31 May 2008, 13:08 (Ref:2215908)   #139
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Now, specially provided by PascaLM for the newbies or those who were too pie-eyed to remember where they were last year - here are pictures showing the intended citing of 'The Pin' this year - just click on the images for the full-sized versions. As you can see, it's pretty straight-forward, just about the last tree before the sanitised F1 style new (crap) shopping mall.......
Attached Thumbnails
TT meeting loc.jpg   TT meeting vue globale.jpg  
Old 31 May 2008, 14:50 (Ref:2215953)   #140
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Oh man ..... im really ****ed off now . Ive just realised that my passport is out of date , and it takes 5 to 6 weeks to get a new one . I had a flight booked (airline price) of 120 Euro return staff price , now I have to take a ****ing train . The robbing *******s want 444 euro return and 12 hours journey each way .

What happened th this schengen agreement ?

I didnt think you needed a passport to travel through Europe if you are a Eurpoean !!!

To add to that the effing European football championships are taking place in Innsbruck this year ..... so maybe that has something to do with the schengen deal .

Anybody know any better or got any advice for me please ?

Robbing *******s !!!
Old 31 May 2008, 15:00 (Ref:2215956)   #141
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sorry Badger cant help. I thought that passports wernt necessary to travel within Europe too? Weird huh?

I will however be in the pitlane on Friday cos as Speedchills sponsor Creation we too get an invite to the garage on Friday! Having been there seen it and know most of the crew anyway, will probably be having a beer in the back so what time would Mr France like us to attend? Would love to meet the team and wish them well! Good photo opportunity with the lovely Embassy Girls too!
Old 31 May 2008, 15:40 (Ref:2215978)   #142
Sarthe82
Racer

United Kingdom
Surrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Oh man ..... im really ****ed off now . Ive just realised that my passport is out of date , and it takes 5 to 6 weeks to get a new one .
I didnt think you needed a passport to travel through Europe if you are a Eurpoean !!!
What a nightmare!

You do need a passport now due to terrorism IIRC, in the UK you can get a while you wait service at the passport office in London, do they not do something similar in Austria?
Old 31 May 2008, 16:48 (Ref:2216009)   #143
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
badge .. you should be fine .. even if you're a porkie fan :P ..
the friend i'm going to LM with traveled last year through europe with ID only ..
but check with authorities to make sure

Ciao Marco
Old 31 May 2008, 16:52 (Ref:2216011)   #144
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth
badge .. you should be fine .. even if you're a porkie fan :P ..
the friend i'm going to LM with traveled last year through europe with ID only ..
but check with authorities to make sure
Sarthe82 is quite right. You can travel within the Schengen area without a passport, but no-one will let you on an aeroplane without photo ID, which means a passport or national ID card.
Old 31 May 2008, 17:02 (Ref:2216016)   #145
Kpy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Oh man ..... im really ****ed off now . Ive just realised that my passport is out of date , and it takes 5 to 6 weeks to get a new one . I had a flight booked (airline price) of 120 Euro return staff price , now I have to take a ****ing train . T

Badger, what nationality are you? You may be able to get a travel document from your local embassy/consular office to go with your expired passport - I've done something similar to that that in the past. You'll need to check with the airline (they might even accept your expired passport as ID if you have back-up evidence). Good luck. Otherwise have you thought of using forums on the internet to look for a car-share to and from LM?
Old 31 May 2008, 17:36 (Ref:2216039)   #146
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I will certainly very much appreciate a visit to the embassy Garage and if possible would like to bring two others with me.

Please thank Jonathon for his kind offer.
Old 31 May 2008, 18:08 (Ref:2216064)   #147
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy
[IMG][/IMG]1

See you all by the pin under the tree on Saturday 14th.
We always went to La Chartre-sur-le-loir on friday lunchtime, looked at the cars had a beer of coffee and climbed the hill to the monument, but about 5 years ago we noticed the numbers meeting there getting less. The reason turned out to be the "Classic British Welcome" or St saturin free classic car show as most people now know it.

This can not be more highly recomended, previous years have been supported by various car clubs and this year it is the italian red team, several historic cars will be on show and hundreds of british and french classics will be there.

This show on friday is now a must for all Le Mans regulars and therefore the old meeting place at La Chartre- sur - le - loir on fridays will be Thursday this year
Old 31 May 2008, 18:39 (Ref:2216087)   #148
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarthe82
What a nightmare!

You do need a passport now due to terrorism IIRC, in the UK you can get a while you wait service at the passport office in London, do they not do something similar in Austria?
Trouble is Im Irish , and all the passport stuff has to be done in Dublin . The consulate in Vienna wont do it anymore , their rules have changed because of this terrorist stuff .
Old 31 May 2008, 18:41 (Ref:2216088)   #149
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy
Sarthe82 is quite right. You can travel within the Schengen area without a passport, but no-one will let you on an aeroplane without photo ID, which means a passport or national ID card.
Because the the football european championships , there are 3 games being played in Innsbruck , and for 3 weeks Austria has a ban on schengen .

Im going up the bloody wall here ..... im honestly almost crying !!!! Im supposed to leave for France next Sunday .....
Old 31 May 2008, 18:43 (Ref:2216090)   #150
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy
Well , I work for the airline and have a company ID card ..... but Im not sure if it will work .

I will ahve to go down to the check in desk and ask some of the older ladies working there , they should know .

Somebody told me that you can travel with an out of date passport for up to 6 months ..... any truth ?

Im sorry , I dont mean to hijack this thread with all this crap , but I dont know what else to do .