Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 Mar 2018, 11:18 (Ref:3810094)   #1
karting
Racer

karting should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Grid Penalty Championship

I’m gonna try and keep track of the total grid penalties throughout the whole season and will update this thread as and when drivers receive them to see who gets the most by end of the season.

1st: Ricciardo - 3 Place
2nd: Hamilton - 0
2nd: Vettel - 0
2nd: Bottas - 0
2nd: Raikkonen - 0
2nd: Alonso - 0
2nd: Vandoorne - 0
2nd: Vestappen - 0
2nd: Hartley - 0
2nd: Gasley - 0
2nd: Perez - 0
2nd: Ocon - 0
2nd: Ericsson - 0
2nd: LeClerc - 0
2nd: Stroll - 0
2nd: Sirotkin - 0
2nd: Sainz - 0
2nd: Hulkenberg - 0
2nd: Grosjean - 0
2nd: Magnussen - 0
Old 23 Mar 2018, 11:18 (Ref:3810095)   #2
karting
Racer

Ricciardo - 3 place for driver to fast under reds
Old 23 Mar 2018, 15:27 (Ref:3810169)   #3
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I fully expect some power unit manufactures may not even try to get by with just three for the entire season (down from the prior four). Honda for example may opt to do four. Obtaining the required reliability is just part of it. Only having three reduces the opportunities for the introduction of middle of the season performance improvements. It's a ridiculous rule and likely increases vs. decreasing cost.

Richard
Old 24 Mar 2018, 15:51 (Ref:3810428)   #4
Marcopolo
Rookie

Marcopolo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karting View Post
I’m gonna try and keep track of the total grid penalties throughout the whole season and will update this thread as and when drivers receive them to see who gets the most by end of the season.

1st: Ricciardo - 3 Place
2nd: Hamilton - 0
2nd: Vettel - 0
2nd: Bottas - 5 place
2nd: Raikkonen - 0
2nd: Alonso - 0
2nd: Vandoorne - 0
2nd: Vestappen - 0
2nd: Hartley - 0
2nd: Gasley - 0
2nd: Perez - 0
2nd: Ocon - 0
2nd: Ericsson - 0
2nd: LeClerc - 0
2nd: Stroll - 0
2nd: Sirotkin - 0
2nd: Sainz - 0
2nd: Hulkenberg - 0
2nd: Grosjean - 0
2nd: Magnussen - 0
Bottas has had to change his gear box so 5 places for him

Sent from my BV8000Pro using Tapatalk
Old 24 Mar 2018, 20:02 (Ref:3810481)   #5
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great idea for a thread karting!
Old 25 Mar 2018, 06:24 (Ref:3810572)   #6
karting
Racer

1st: Bottas - 5 Place
2nd: Ricciardo - 3 Place
3rd: Hamilton - 0
3rd: Vettel - 0
3rd: Raikkonen - 0
3rd: Alonso - 0
3rd: Vandoorne - 0
3rd: Vestappen - 0
3rd: Hartley - 0
3rd: Gasley - 0
3rd: Perez - 0
3rd: Ocon - 0
3rd: Ericsson - 0
3rd: LeClerc - 0
3rd: Stroll - 0
3rd: Sirotkin - 0
3rd: Sainz - 0
3rd: Hulkenberg - 0
3rd: Grosjean - 0
3rd: Magnussen - 0

I cant seem to edit my First post for some reason
Old 26 Mar 2018, 00:07 (Ref:3810770)   #7
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Glad to see the weekend wasn't a total loss for Valtteri.
Old 26 Mar 2018, 16:52 (Ref:3810990)   #8
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It will be interesting to see how this unfolds.
Old 6 Apr 2018, 23:39 (Ref:3813426)   #9
karting
Racer

Lewis Hamilton now has a 5 place Grid Penalty due to a unscheduled Gearbox change.

2nd: Hamilton - 5 Place
3rd: Ricciardo - 3 Place
4th: Vettel - 0
4th: Raikkonen - 0
4th: Alonso - 0
4th: Vandoorne - 0
4th: Vestappen - 0
4th: Hartley - 0
4th: Gasley - 0
4th: Perez - 0
4th: Ocon - 0
4th: Ericsson - 0
4th: LeClerc - 0
4th: Stroll - 0
4th: Sirotkin - 0
4th: Sainz - 0
4th: Hulkenberg - 0
4th: Grosjean - 0
4th: Magnussen - 0

Last edited by karting; 7 Apr 2018 at 00:09.
Old 7 Apr 2018, 00:24 (Ref:3813435)   #10
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Great, another thing Mercedes are winning...
Old 7 Apr 2018, 16:42 (Ref:3813679)   #11
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Lewis Hamilton now has a 5 place Grid Penalty due to a unscheduled Gearbox change.

2nd: Hamilton - 5 Place
3rd: Ricciardo - 3 Place
4th: Vettel - 0
4th: Raikkonen - 0
4th: Alonso - 0
4th: Vandoorne - 0
4th: Vestappen - 0
4th: Hartley - 0
4th: Gasley - 0
4th: Perez - 0
4th: Ocon - 0
4th: Ericsson - 0
4th: LeClerc - 0
4th: Stroll - 0
4th: Sirotkin - 0
4th: Sainz - 0
4th: Hulkenberg - 0
4th: Grosjean - 0
4th: Magnussen - 0
Shouldn't Bottas and Hamilton be joint first?
Old 7 Apr 2018, 16:51 (Ref:3813683)   #12
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Normal competition rules apply here I think. Whoever received the penalty first, wins.

Just as in Q1 a couple of hours ago where ALO and GRO set the exact same time, but ALO goes through to Q2 as he set the time first.

Old 7 Apr 2018, 16:58 (Ref:3813686)   #13
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Normal competition rules apply here I think. Whoever received the penalty first, wins.

Just as in Q1 a couple of hours ago where ALO and GRO set the exact same time, but ALO goes through to Q2 as he set the time first.

That applies to qualifying but I thought the Grid Penalty Championship was on a race by race basis, like the WDC? The penalties are given on a race by race basis.
Old 7 Apr 2018, 17:21 (Ref:3813704)   #14
karting
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post

It’s just a bit of fun for me. I forgot to edit it as Tied, but I can’t edit that post again so next time a penalty is applied I’ll correct it
Old 7 Apr 2018, 17:33 (Ref:3813709)   #15
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
It’s just a bit of fun for me. I forgot to edit it as Tied, but I can’t edit that post again so next time a penalty is applied I’ll correct it
I like it, it's what F1 needs when it gets too serious.
Old 7 Apr 2018, 18:11 (Ref:3813730)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I understand the need for the thread, but for me, not even two races into the season yet, this has to be the saddest thread in the F1 subforum.
Old 7 Apr 2018, 18:18 (Ref:3813734)   #17
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I understand the need for the thread, but for me, not even two races into the season yet, this has to be the saddest thread in the F1 subforum.
It highlights very well, one of the biggest issues facing F1.
Old 7 Apr 2018, 18:19 (Ref:3813735)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's a show that Brian Rix would have been proud to have starred in......
Old 7 Apr 2018, 18:29 (Ref:3813741)   #19
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
It's a show that Brian Rix would have been proud to have starred in......
Brian Rix?
Old 7 Apr 2018, 19:28 (Ref:3813749)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-37012987
Old 7 Apr 2018, 19:56 (Ref:3813757)   #21
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Immortalised by the wonderful Brilliant Corners in 1986.
Old 15 Apr 2018, 06:11 (Ref:3815608)   #22
karting
Racer

Ericsson 5 place Penalty for ignoring a double yellow yesterday

1st: Hamilton - 5 Place
1st: Ericsson - 5 Place
4th: Ricciardo - 3 Place
5th: Vettel - 0
5th: Raikkonen - 0
5th: Alonso - 0
5th: Vandoorne - 0
5th: Vestappen - 0
5th: Hartley - 0
5th: Gasley - 0
5th: Perez - 0
5th: Ocon - 0
5th: LeClerc - 0
5th: Stroll - 0
5th: Sirotkin - 0
5th: Sainz - 0
5th: Hulkenberg - 0
5th: Grosjean - 0
5th: Magnussen - 0
Old 15 Apr 2018, 15:34 (Ref:3815769)   #23
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I think it's a very poor show to have so many drivers who have failed to net a single point in this most important of championships....... They need to pull their socks up!
Old 15 Apr 2018, 15:36 (Ref:3815772)   #24
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Should we not include time penalties in this aswell
Old 15 Apr 2018, 15:38 (Ref:3815774)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
We probably need a separate championship for that Simon.......