T0MAT01
Veteran

England
Focknowles Weir
T0MAT01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ITV's F1 season preview

Just a heads up.
Here.

Shame it's only on for half an hour, their McLaren special this sunday is an hour long though.
Old 9 Mar 2007, 16:35 (Ref:1862446)   #2
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On ITV4??? What use is that? None!
Old 10 Mar 2007, 12:26 (Ref:1862984)   #3
bf1
Racer

Ireland
Waterford, Ireland / Swansea, Wales
bf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also Tomorrow..

ITV1
F1: Chasing the Dream Sunday 11 March 17:05

Prior to the opening of the F1 season in Australia on 18 March, we go behind the scenes at the Surrey base of the McLaren team and meet drivers Fernando Alonso and Lewis Hamilton
Old 10 Mar 2007, 18:15 (Ref:1863206)   #4
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds interesting but I would rather have seen a season preview.
Old 10 Mar 2007, 18:54 (Ref:1863229)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The season preview will, I predict, be rubbish and only twenty-something minutes anyway.

The McLaren documentary has potential.

Obviously it isn't a good thing to watch more ITV, but there is potential for more motorsport on ITV3 and 4. Buy a dig-box. Your going to have to soon anyway. Although Tyne Tees is one of the later switch overs.
Old 10 Mar 2007, 19:55 (Ref:1863270)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The McLaren thing could be pretty good, but I fear it will be wasted on ITV.

As for the season preview, who cares? They are always abysmal nowadays as they don't run long and they give nothing. I will still watch, if only to be critical and grumpy.
Old 10 Mar 2007, 21:00 (Ref:1863311)   #7
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
I will still watch, if only to be critical and grumpy.
And in one, so young, too.

Anyway, yeah, forget the review; too much waffle and analysis then and again before the actual races on raceday; just bring on the action!
Old 11 Mar 2007, 19:24 (Ref:1863781)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That McLaren programme was quite good I thought. Surprising really.

The preview will revert to type I'm sure.
Old 11 Mar 2007, 19:45 (Ref:1863795)   #9
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'll skip the preview, I think! Did enjoy the McLaren show, seemed Hamilton biased to me but not much of a surprise. Have to say though, the presenter / spokesman guy in the black suit and red tie did annoy me...!
Old 11 Mar 2007, 21:37 (Ref:1863947)   #10
Kieran20
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Kieran20 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ive always found season preview pointless. they dont really know much more than we do. all they tell you is who is driving for who, and the new rules etc. all of this we pretty much know as followers of f1. i suppose good for the people who dont have the internet. but really who doesnt these days!
Old 11 Mar 2007, 22:34 (Ref:1864059)   #11
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The season preview isn't really aimed at the kind of people that read and post on 10-Tenths. I'm sure they could produce a much more interesting programme with some interesting features and new angles, but that would be to ignore the basics that they really need to cover for the majority of people that will see the show.
Old 11 Mar 2007, 22:53 (Ref:1864084)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

That explains the move to ITV4 then.
Old 12 Mar 2007, 10:16 (Ref:1864464)   #13
Jon Lincoln
Rookie

Jon Lincoln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone else remember the BBC F1 preview from 1992 (I think!), which consisted of Murray Walker and James Hunt having an argument over lunch at the Metropole Hotel????

They don't make them like that anymore...
Old 12 Mar 2007, 13:47 (Ref:1864649)   #14
Jamesd
Racer

Jamesd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i thought the show was quite good (I am not really a big fan of F1) it was quite intresting, but i missed the end as i went to watch the WTCC on eurosport.
Old 14 Mar 2007, 19:08 (Ref:1866637)   #15
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Was it just me or did Ron Dennis look like he's really, really aged?
Old 14 Mar 2007, 19:36 (Ref:1866670)   #16
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

He's just come off the back of two years managing Kimi and Montoya, give the man a break!

Yeah, he does seem to be ageing. Having said that, he still looks a little younger than he actually is.