Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 May 2019, 01:16 (Ref:3904254)   #26
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post

I however CAN get the Bob Ross Energy Drink in the US. Haas should look into them as a new sponsor.

Richard
Is this actually a real thing? He’s the painter dude right?
Old 17 May 2019, 03:07 (Ref:3904264)   #27
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Is this actually a real thing? He’s the painter dude right?
Yeah, he is the laid back painter from US public broadcasting. The product is real, but I believe its only sold as a novelty drink. I stumbled upon it while looking for Rich Energy on Amazon.

Richard
Old 17 May 2019, 06:34 (Ref:3904285)   #28
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Yeah, he is the laid back painter from US public broadcasting. The product is real, but I believe its only sold as a novelty drink. I stumbled upon it while looking for Rich Energy on Amazon.

Richard
If you can get a couple of boxes of Eric Cartman's Cheesy Poofs, Sunday afternoon in front of the teev watching motorsport might just be complete!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 17 May 2019, 11:04 (Ref:3904327)   #29
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From Amazon reviews:

9th November 2018
Vijay
2.0 out of 5 stars
Not A Great Mixer
9 November 2018
I was at a party and recommended this to my friend Claire as a mixer, as she was running low on Martini. Initially it looked good, but the taste was not good and there was a really funny smell - so she was totally left in the lurch and had nothing to offer her guests Robert & Esteban.

However, if you are American and more easy going, or perhaps you aren't too bothered about how it smells or things like due diligence then this is probably the energy drink for you.

---------

0 out of 5 stars
Totally Real Taste
15 May 2019

Very impressed when I tried his. I was at a private Rich Energy pool party (see photo) when a bearded man offered me a can, one of he said, 90 million he was trying to offload on the cheap, something about an old logo. I drank it with some charming Americans from some sort of motorsport team who said they'd arrived to pick up a cheque or something. It must be jolly expensive in some places as someone called Roman who was at the party said he reckoned based on sales and their marketing spend, it's worth about £350,000 for every can they've sold. It did have a slightly bitter aftertaste for some of the guests, and there was a strong smell I couldn't identify from it, perhaps waffle mixed with manure - what some people would call massive b*llsh*t. Still it must be okay as apparently it's been presented to some judges recently. The party was only spoilt by some ruffians who turned up on mountain bikes claiming someone had stolen their horns. Funny old world.
Old 17 May 2019, 20:14 (Ref:3904400)   #30
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Interview by Peter Windsor of William Storey (Rich Energy)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n31uqHOOj7E

My take is that Storey talks about everything about the logo except for the fact that their logo is beyond "similar" to that of Whyte Bikes. And that any rational individual would say it was clearly copied.

His basic take... Who is Whyte Bikes? Nobody has heard of them, so we couldn't have copied their logo. That Rich Energy is the victim here and that everyone is out to get them.

Richard
Old 17 May 2019, 20:31 (Ref:3904403)   #31
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
His basic take... Who is Whyte Bikes? Nobody has heard of them, so we couldn't have copied their logo.
The fact nobody has heard of them is exactly why they did copy them. They thought they'd get away with it because nobody would notice. This is a very common tactic when brands copy logos rather than make their own.

Which means that even their act of copying someone else's work wasn't even an original tactic in itself.
Old 17 May 2019, 21:12 (Ref:3904413)   #32
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, now both companies have a lot of unpaid for publicity.

No guarantee it will do them any good ... but it might.
Old 17 May 2019, 22:07 (Ref:3904420)   #33
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Well, now both companies have a lot of unpaid for publicity.
The bike company did. Rich Energy will have two sets of legal bills to cover.
Old 17 May 2019, 23:06 (Ref:3904423)   #34
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
The bike company did. Rich Energy will have two sets of legal bills to cover.

Indeed but that may not be more expensive then paying for the equivalent PR.

However, if they do really have a few million empty cans made and preprinted deciding how to re-brand them could be a a costly problem.

Still better for the bike company with its £15 million turnover and 28 employees.
Old 17 May 2019, 23:35 (Ref:3904425)   #35
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Richard
Ha. Yes it’s a novelty. Here is the product information.
Quote:
You can buy this Bob Ross Positive Energy Drink and drink it. Or you could buy it to put on a happy little shelf, just to make you smile. You can do anything you want to do. This is your world.
Brilliant.

His she’s were shown on British telly years ago. I seem to remember it was a mid morning thing. It was hypnotic.
Old 21 May 2019, 02:48 (Ref:3905008)   #36
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Why would anyone buy 24 empty cans for £30?
In Australia, you have to pay 10c per can as a 'recycling tax' which you can get back if you return cans to a recycling centre. 90 million cans = $9m in Aussie pesos.... nothing to be sneezed at
Old 21 May 2019, 11:37 (Ref:3905050)   #37
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Rich Energy is talking rubbish
"we have 90 millon cans unfilled"

nobody in his right mind would tie up that much capital in packaging material
apart from the storage problems
packaging material nowadays is ordered for about 3 months worth of use

it also is a stupid statement to make as it shows his possible risk and exposure should he lose his trademark case
a possible settlement with the opponent has just become more expensive by at least 50 % of this exposure

I have contested and won in trademark cases.....

RuE
Old 21 May 2019, 13:28 (Ref:3905061)   #38
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudernst View Post
Rich Energy is talking rubbish
"we have 90 millon cans unfilled"

nobody in his right mind would tie up that much capital in packaging material
apart from the storage problems
packaging material nowadays is ordered for about 3 months worth of use

it also is a stupid statement to make as it shows his possible risk and exposure should he lose his trademark case
a possible settlement with the opponent has just become more expensive by at least 50 % of this exposure

I have contested and won in trademark cases.....

RuE
Perhaps they were anticipating a serious upswing in demand after Haas got on the teev for a millisecond when it was coming 56th in a grand prix?
Old 10 Jun 2019, 16:24 (Ref:3909145)   #39
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Rich Energy continue to cover themselves in glory with this fabulous Tweet by, presumably, someones 13 year old son.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PHOTO-2019-06-10-17-13-06.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	53257

And whilst they continue to attack Whytes for being nobodies, and a company nobody has heard of, someone has dug up a photo of a Whytes Bike from 2014 being ridden by....Romain Grosjean.

https://www.grandprix247.com/2019/05...ith-stag-logo/

You couldn't write something this stupid.

I don't want a mountain bike. But if I did, I'd buy a Whytes one now.
Old 10 Jun 2019, 17:02 (Ref:3909157)   #40
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
His basic take... Who is Whyte Bikes? Nobody has heard of them, so we couldn't have copied their logo. That Rich Energy is the victim here and that everyone is out to get them.

Richard
Very funny response to that claim from Whyte bikes on Twitter, they tweeted this pic:

yes, that is Romain Grosjean on one of their bikes at a Lotus team event in 2014

https://twitter.com/WhyteBikes/statu...72100204601344
Old 10 Jun 2019, 18:02 (Ref:3909168)   #41
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Rich Energy continue to cover themselves in glory with this fabulous Tweet by, presumably, someones 13 year old son.
When I started to read this, I assumed it was their post qualifying tweet (that I think was deleted) in which Rich Energy crowed success after Magnussen's crash caused Red Bull to get knocked out of qualifying. Nothing says class like playing up how your driver crashes out and impedes other drivers.

https://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/2...diculous-tweet

However! It seems Rich Energy has found new ways to act like idiots on social media. You can't make this stuff up! It's like Rich Energy is some obnoxious drunk that got his ass kicked in a pub and is now bloody, stumbling around and shouting obscenities at anyone within earshot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
yes, that is Romain Grosjean on one of their bikes at a Lotus team event in 2014
Whyte used the same time machine they used to steal the Rich Energy logo from the future to somehow get Grosjean on one of their bikes. It's all good planning!

Richard
Old 10 Jun 2019, 18:32 (Ref:3909179)   #42
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At least Whyte haven't discovered British GT yet - although this pic is from Snetterton a couple of weeks ago, the car was in the same livery at Silverstone yesterday (while Haas were forced to run without it...)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dwh38/...7708718145134/
Old 11 Jun 2019, 14:38 (Ref:3909373)   #43
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Rich continue to make friends.

Click image for larger version

Name:	5138eb82-29c1-43e9-a6ed-0248592cacad.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	53271
Old 11 Jun 2019, 15:09 (Ref:3909376)   #44
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Is it a parody account?
Old 11 Jun 2019, 15:13 (Ref:3909378)   #45
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Amazingly, no. It is their actual account.
Old 11 Jun 2019, 15:38 (Ref:3909387)   #46
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
they shouldn't make fun of Mickey Mouse...Disney will sue!
Old 11 Jun 2019, 15:44 (Ref:3909388)   #47
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Rich continue to make friends.

Attachment 53271
Their exchanges on twitter are definitely getting into the camp now!
Old 11 Jun 2019, 17:31 (Ref:3909408)   #48
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nobody is that stupid, this has to be a deliberate strategy
Well, they've got people talking about them... maybe they've seen that being an unmitigated a-hole gets results in the current world

I just don't see what the end game is to this marketing campaign
Old 11 Jun 2019, 17:34 (Ref:3909409)   #49
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Amazingly, no. It is their actual account.
Basically... they feel their back is up against the wall, so their strategy is to just swing harder at everyone.

Not that it's a good strategy. I am sure it makes them feel good and provides entertainment for everyone else. The should fire whoever is in charge of the social media accounts. Problem is... I wouldn't be surprised if it Storey himself.

Richard
Old 11 Jun 2019, 17:39 (Ref:3909410)   #50
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
Nobody is that stupid, this has to be a deliberate strategy
Well, they've got people talking about them... maybe they've seen that being an unmitigated a-hole gets results in the current world

I just don't see what the end game is to this marketing campaign
So I apologize for the analogy (mods let me know if it is over the top)...

It's like someone is selling premium sterling silverware to high end clients. But your marketing campaign consists of showing photos of you shoving your wares up your bum hole. You get people talking, but is anyone going to buy?

Richard