Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 7 Nov 2003, 10:56 (Ref:775814)   #51
Lola
Veteran

England
Nr Worcester
Lola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Supose you are right about the hairpin thing, but the chicane at the moment does not really slow you down. An F3 car (or any slicks and wings car) only lifts of the throttle (some take it flat) for a very short time and speeds atained before the hairpin may only be down mabe 10mph if you went straight around the banking.

We all know if a kerb is available, a driver will use it........ and maybe 2m more

I actually quite like driving the circuit, the chicane too as its such a challenge
Old 7 Nov 2003, 12:11 (Ref:775865)   #52
johnw
Veteran

England
Chichester - 1/2 mile from Goodwood
johnw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Our last meeting used the left/right onto the (historic?) circuit layout which I thought was a lot better than the hairpin layout. Much more flow to the circuit.

This turn two is well protected and its pretty much impossible to straight line due to armco and tyres, so the drivers would be forced to be more disciplined.
The current turn 4 is no challenge in anything, but using the "real" turn 1 would probably be.

Lola, 2m more? Probably best if you guys raise the ride height to 500 mm to avoid problems.

BTW, I too had trouble at the paddock entrance, being asked for a car pass, but on speaking to the guy he was a Rockingham security guard using his overnight instructions, not a marshal.
Old 10 Nov 2003, 12:25 (Ref:778735)   #53
Bob Pearson
Veteran

Bob Pearson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just to put Lola in the picture, BARC Renaults run at about 11mm under the front splitter, so you guys aren't the only people running below the Blue Book figure.
We have all gone through the process of seeing how much kerb we can steal through that corner, felt the car get chucked up a bit and so stay a bit short of that point. I have never heard any of our drivers grumble about it.
Old 10 Nov 2003, 15:24 (Ref:778921)   #54
Lola
Veteran

England
Nr Worcester
Im not moaning about it. Just offering my opinion to a solution. I dont run in nat F3. But run a converted car F3 car to mono regs.
The chicane is i believe a challenge as it is.
Just I have seen the results of getting it oh so slightly wrong. I know the guys should steel less kerb and they should be punished in doing so. But does someone have to get hurt in doing so?

I did forget about you FR guys.
Old 10 Nov 2003, 16:27 (Ref:778970)   #55
Bob Pearson
Veteran

Bob Pearson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Changing the subject slightly Lola, I thought you guys have to run to 40mm clearance according to Mono regs.
I certainly don't want anyone hurt, least of all me. It's the old question of where does the need for a smooth run off end. After all that is what we are talking about. As soon as a car is off the track and on the kerbs it is effectively into the run-off area.
Old 11 Nov 2003, 11:10 (Ref:779690)   #56
Lola
Veteran

England
Nr Worcester
We do run 40mm.. well the majority of us. Regular checks have been taken this year.
some of those F3 boys and girl have been very lucky this year..... or un lucky, depends how you look at it.
Old 11 Nov 2003, 23:06 (Ref:780382)   #57
johnw
Veteran

England
Chichester - 1/2 mile from Goodwood
johnw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Lola
F3 cars run a much lower ride height than anything else in this country. 20mm high.
Don't mean to be picky but 'twas your good self that posted the above. So do you run 20 or 40mm, or are you raising a scrutineering issue?
Old 12 Nov 2003, 16:19 (Ref:781146)   #58
Lola
Veteran

England
Nr Worcester
I run 40mm in mono trim. Its in A.R.P or Nat F3 than run 20mm ish. I would try 20mm if I could get away with it.
We also run a min weight etc. The scrutineering this year has been quite good... with me anyway.