Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12 Mar 2004, 17:38 (Ref:903524)   #1
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
TeddyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OH NO!! A Villeneuve thread...the horror

I am sorry but I am quite angry with Wrex for closing the last Villeneuve thread before I had a chance to put in my own two cents.

I really don't understand his problem with allowing at least one Villeneuve thread on the board??? I can see if the topic was getting out of control and there were three or more topics on the same issue but this is not the case. I feel like I am Winston in Orwell's 1984 referring to "unpersons" at which the administration has to quickly dispose of as they (Villeueve) no longer exist.

Sorry to say it Wrex but he does exist, and no matter how afraid you are that he might get a decent drive and be able to challenge your beloved Michael, at least 25% of this forum belived there was a chance he could be back with Williams next year (not to include any other drive people think he could land).
If one in four people feel this way in the forum why can't we discuss the issue? If people don't want to talk about it then they don't have to participate in the thread, why must you silence anybody who wants to discuss the issue? It's pathetic really.

No doubt this thread will even be closed as well, only displaying my point even further.

At any rate I think Villeneuve is a worthwhile topic, there are so many drives coming available next year and even Peter Sauber said that he would have hired Villeneuve for this year if he had known in time that he would be available.

Flavio Briatore has also stated that and I quote " “I’m a big fan of Jacques,” said Briatore. “He is a big name and, if he doesn’t find a drive in F1 next year, its a shame because we need people like him.
“I am sure that we’ll see him again in 2005 because he is still a good driver and can offer value to a team. Who knows, he might even end up at Renault.”
http://sport.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=2041520

At any rate until Villeneuve officially announces his retirement there is still quite a good chance that he could return, and I would appreciate it if we were still allowed to mention his name on this forum, which is usually pretty fair on all other matters.
Doesn't it seem sad that drivers like Fisichella, Coultard, Barrichello, and Ralf all have secure seats in F1, despite having had race winning cars for many more seasons than Jacques, yet failing to chalk up as many wins as he (let alone a WDC) that it is Jacques who doesn't have a drive in F1??? Sad indeed.