Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 18 Nov 2003, 04:34 (Ref:786739)   #26
Joe5619
Veteran

Joe5619 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave HRT Moy
Given FPR's "factory" status and Prodrive's enormous experience and technical depth I'd call it a very, very average result.

I'll hold onto my money thanks.

I'd want any company that I was a part of to associatte themselves with winners, not also rans.....
For a team that has achieved the 5th highest place driver , 4th best team (behind SBR, HRT & KMR), 2nd best Ford team, round winner, 2nd at Bathurst in their first year is a pretty f*&#en good effect in my books!!!! I don't care if they have millions of $$$$ & have Ford's highest paid driver. For any team to achieve this in their first year is fantastic!!! Ford or Holden. Give credit where credit is due. Put your Holden, anti Lowndes, Seto, Ford, and FPR glass down!!!

Yes I know the “factory” Ford team should be doing better than this, but this is their first year. If they don’t do better next year, then you’re free to call them every name in the book (& I’ll join you)….. FPR has said from the start they would not set the world on fire this year. But they must come out fighting for wins in 2004 & I’m sure they will!!!!.

Last edited by Joe5619; 18 Nov 2003 at 04:35.
Old 18 Nov 2003, 21:04 (Ref:787596)   #27
Joe5619
Veteran

Acording to AA, there is only 1 new engine!!!! If all goes well in testing they will use it at EC!!! NO word on who will get the engine at this stage... But I assume if they are very confident with it Lowndes will get it... If some doubt Seto... If no good, no one!!!

Last edited by Joe5619; 18 Nov 2003 at 21:09.
Old 18 Nov 2003, 23:44 (Ref:787736)   #28
dirttrack
Racer

dirttrack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wouldn't it be funny if they didn't get the new engines until Bathurst next year. Wait for the good bit because they are factory cars wouldn't it be funnier if they expired before lap 40 of the big race.Now something like that would surely never happen to a factory team. Would it?
Old 19 Nov 2003, 07:17 (Ref:787906)   #29
Joe5619
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Onlooker
UK Motors for 2 cars,(probally #5,#6, Lownes and Seton) for EC,testing at Winton on Wednessday 19/11/03 and making sure all is OK.Hp figures unknown but most likely up on what they have but short of say SBR.These motors are probally running next years spec and are mearly test mules for next year.
Any news on how the new engine went???
Old 19 Nov 2003, 07:42 (Ref:787920)   #30
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Joe5619
Acording to AA, there is only 1 new engine!!!! If all goes well in testing they will use it at EC!!! NO word on who will get the engine at this stage... But I assume if they are very confident with it Lowndes will get it... If some doubt Seto... If no good, no one!!!
Interesting isnt it.... $10 million dollars in the bank, and we have one engine. Yay.

Not even Eddie Jordan pays that much for his rent-a-cossies.

Is there something missing here??
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 20 Nov 2003, 02:46 (Ref:788985)   #31
AlbertM
Rookie

AlbertM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
Interesting isnt it.... $10 million dollars in the bank, and we have one engine.

That we know of.
Old 20 Nov 2003, 02:58 (Ref:788997)   #32
Phase3
Veteran

Australia
Always Amazing, Ever Changing Gold Coast
Phase3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What happened to the CAT car being flown back to Melbourne for fitting of the UK power unit rumors?
Old 22 Nov 2003, 08:32 (Ref:791272)   #33
Dave HRT Moy
Racer

Dave HRT Moy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is all dribble. The cat car got on the boat with the other cars....

One motor, fifth place (maybe) and millions of bucks, yes quite a debut year for the official Factory Ford Team.

Or is that 888 now? Or stones or Johnson? I can't remember, it's all too hard....
Old 22 Nov 2003, 08:44 (Ref:791282)   #34
bartman71
Veteran

bartman71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what did HRT come in their first year?
Old 23 Nov 2003, 02:41 (Ref:791800)   #35
AlbertM
Rookie

AlbertM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave HRT Moy
This is all dribble.

You know all about dribble Dave.
Old 23 Nov 2003, 02:48 (Ref:791801)   #36
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
HRTMoy suddenly forgot were HRT came in there first year, cause all he can do is bag FORDS. For memory HRT was not in the top 3 im there first year
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 26 Nov 2003, 02:28 (Ref:794607)   #37
10wins
Rookie

10wins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is that HRT's first year in racing or in V8's.

Moy's definitely one eyed. But comparing what HRT did in the late 80's against Sierras and GTR's is hardly a fair comparison.

I'd personally give FPR the first season to get things sorted.

If they're not top three championship contenders next year though, you'd have to start asking questions.....
Old 26 Nov 2003, 04:38 (Ref:794656)   #38
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Interestingly the testing done by FPR on the new engine seemed to have been done in Glenn Seton's Ford Credit car... they obviously dont have high hopes for reliability...
Old 26 Nov 2003, 06:23 (Ref:794701)   #39
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or it required less repairs so was quicker to get ready,DB's car was out of the game and given that Lownes car was the first one built and largly by GSR maybe factors in it's build were incompatible withthe new donk.

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 26 Nov 2003, 06:27 (Ref:794704)   #40
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
It would be ironic if Mr Seton used the allegedly increased grunt to win at Eastern Creek.

Not sure why FPR didnt 'do a Larko' and get an engine supply deal from SBR
Old 26 Nov 2003, 06:28 (Ref:794705)   #41
Onlooker
Veteran

I thought FTR did a deal and had Qld built engines one year when they ran under that name?????

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 26 Nov 2003, 06:32 (Ref:794707)   #42
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Mark McLaughlin was contracted to do engine work for the FTR/GSR squad for one of their 2 years in existence... not sure it helped a whole lot...
Old 26 Nov 2003, 06:37 (Ref:794710)   #43
Onlooker
Veteran

The year that Richo drove with them they were experiencing a few "drama's" under the hood.

Old 26 Nov 2003, 06:40 (Ref:794713)   #44
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
And had plenty of spares on hand to drop in when they had "drama's" too...

See this is where Ford should be spending its money... establishing a proper engine development facility, to build engines for any of its contracted teams... then the teams get no Ford money, but instead get a supply of Ford Motorsport powerplants at each race meeting.

Pick an engine number out of a chooklotto barrel, and we are away with the ultimate in engine parity...

Or is that too clever?
Old 26 Nov 2003, 06:44 (Ref:794715)   #45
Onlooker
Veteran

Imagine trying to convince everyone that they had to have the same radiator hoses,sump,engine mounts,oil lines etc.Not this little black duck.

Old 26 Nov 2003, 07:00 (Ref:794719)   #46
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
If it was supplied in the same manner that Cosworth supplies engines to the C^RT teams in that series, they would have no real choice, especially if this was the primary application of Ford factory funding.

Imagine 16 Fords all running engines that operate within 5 horsepower of each other, and with a similar power band.

It would mean that the only variable in the process is the driver, his ability to set a car up, and the engineering team to translate what the driver and the telemetry are telling them into a race winning performance.

Parity giving clarity
Old 26 Nov 2003, 07:37 (Ref:794739)   #47
Onlooker
Veteran

Think of all those drivers who would be denied the oldest excuse in the book.

Old 26 Nov 2003, 08:08 (Ref:794756)   #48
Grimace
Veteran

Grimace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM
Old 26 Nov 2003, 08:13 (Ref:794759)   #49
Grimace
Veteran

Grimace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM
Old 27 Nov 2003, 01:48 (Ref:795677)   #50
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
So what is the latest on the OS engine are they in or out for the Creek
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish