Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 29 Nov 2003, 09:57 (Ref:798059)   #26
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Which Six??

Quote:
Originally posted by DAVID PATERSON
Histpric Touring Cars will be on trhe support programme at 6 V8SC Championship rounds in 2004. AVESCO wanted them to run more than 6 rounds, but the AHTCA held it to six to ensure that all the top guys would be able to do every round and there would be good fields at every round.

Improved Production Touring Cars will be running at the 4 standalone Konica meetings in 2004.
Where could I find out which six V8 rounds are supported by Historics?? Obviously, Bathurst is one, F1GP another - but these are non-championship rounds???

Signed Wondering.....
Old 6 Dec 2003, 12:51 (Ref:805483)   #27
racer55555
Rookie

racer55555 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The 2004 Lotus Challenge will defiantly be supporting the V8 Supercars with 8 rounds, possibly going to New Zealand and finsihing at Bathurst. www.moproaustralia.com.au
Old 15 Dec 2003, 21:52 (Ref:812553)   #28
gmontrack
Rookie

gmontrack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As David P. has said the Improved Production will be, for the first time, an official support to the AVESCO program in 2004. At the four Konica stand-alone events, Wakefield, Winton, Eastern Creek and Mallala will see the IPRA Interstate Challenge series being run. The category will put-on a great show and along with the other supports like Commodore Cup, Sports Sedans and Saloon Cars will be something that people will be happy with. I think AVESCO recognize the fact that they need to have a program that has more than just one attraction in it and to give the punter value for money.
Old 15 Dec 2003, 22:12 (Ref:812583)   #29
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So why is IPRA the support act to the AVESCO series...?

If you thought about it for a bit, if its part of the series, then the people with more chequebook than talent will wander into the class, buy/build the best things going and blow off the class stalwarts....

You watch FF in 2004... the same thing will happen, especially with teev around.

So the clubbie who likes to have a bash round in his/her Rx-7 will be against some guy in an unobtanium special that laps them with monotonous regularity....

And since when has AVESCO offered us value for money? F4000 is dead, we played the last post for it but it seems to be resurrected in 2004....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 15 Dec 2003, 22:38 (Ref:812596)   #30
gmontrack
Rookie

Why?
Because there are IPRA members that want to do it. Some competitors want to do more than just there state rounds and if it brings more people into the category thats a good thing. The club committee's are there to run the clubs and if their members want to race Shermin tanks, then the committees job is to make it happen. The IPRA knows what to expect at these meetings, we are not going in with our eyes shut, we have no great demands, we just go to race and have a great time.
Old 16 Dec 2003, 06:07 (Ref:812779)   #31
Morris 1100
Veteran

Morris 1100 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But what will you think when you tow your car 1000km to a meeting and then get told that you ....
(1) Have to pay extra money to race that you were not told about in the supregs.
(2) Have a drivers briefing on Wednesday at 8am and your car does not touch the track till 3.30pm Friday.
(3) Supregs say you will get 3 x 7 lap races and you realy get 1 x 6 lap race (due to a lapscoring error) and 1 x 3 lap race (due to the v8 warmup running over time) and the other race is canned because the v8s are running over time.

Good luck!
Old 16 Dec 2003, 06:59 (Ref:812804)   #32
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I wont even start on the car eligibility issue....
Old 16 Dec 2003, 07:05 (Ref:812808)   #33
Morris 1100
Veteran

Morris 1100 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh yes!!
And rememember that the Victorian scruits insist on metal valve caps on your wheels!

Last edited by Morris 1100; 16 Dec 2003 at 07:09.
Old 16 Dec 2003, 07:13 (Ref:812818)   #34
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
And if you are a lady driver who has the quickest car in the field by miles, the fine toothed comb comes out of the scrutineering cupboard
Old 16 Dec 2003, 07:31 (Ref:812824)   #35
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Same if you drive a Station Wagon.
Old 16 Dec 2003, 07:36 (Ref:812826)   #36
gmontrack
Rookie

I have to say that over the years the times that the IPRA/Club Cars have been able to be a support to the V8's, Pro Car or the Trucks, we have generally had a pretty good run. Sure there has been the odd time when we've had a race cut short etc, but most times the competitors are happy to put up with it, after all it's not AVESCO's ,Pro Cars, etc fault when someone has a bad stuck (which is more often than not in a support race) which puts everything behind time. Anyway if you don't like having to put up with those things, no one is forcing you to race at those events.
Old 16 Dec 2003, 07:36 (Ref:812827)   #37
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Depends what state you are in Pete
Old 17 Dec 2003, 10:48 (Ref:813861)   #38
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I still wonder whether an IPRA competitor will bother/be able to follow the multiple rounds of the new series attached to the Supercar circus.

These guys are not millionaires, its not a professional category in the sense that the teams and drivers are not paid by sponsorhip....

Somehow I find it hard to imagine a driver will spend his own money on an entry on a Supercar card, knowing full well their category is the most expendable on the calendar, so if one of the showy events runs over time, their races are likely to be reduced.

Would make more sense to continue running state rounds when the IPRA cars are the main show, and the other categories have to accomodate their entry for the weekend. Especially if the entry fees are raised on account of it being a national meeting (which a Konica round is isnt it?)
Old 17 Dec 2003, 11:18 (Ref:813888)   #39
gmontrack
Rookie

The IPRA Interstate Challenge has been running for the past three years and we allready have over 20 members from around Aust. wanting to run in 2004. Like I said if members want to do it. We have given away over $10,000.00 prize or tow money, and at least 6 sets ok Yokohama race tyres. We have had people like Leanne Ferrier , Wayne Wakefield, Ric Shaw, Ken Douglas, Rohan Ambrose, Ray Hislop, Scott Fleming, Ross Dillon all race in the series. There are people in club level motorsport that have the means to do interstate events and have a great time just enjoying thier motorsport.
Old 17 Dec 2003, 11:21 (Ref:813889)   #40
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Most of the names you mention are already participating in levels of motorsport much higher than IPRA though...

Is the IPRA racing to be televised??
Old 17 Dec 2003, 11:29 (Ref:813897)   #41
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would be good to see them on 'Trackside'. I know i'd watch them.
Old 17 Dec 2003, 21:58 (Ref:814550)   #42
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
I still wonder whether an IPRA competitor will bother....
These guys are not millionaires, its not a professional category in the sense that the teams and drivers are not paid by sponsorhip....
I find it hard to imagine a driver will spend his own money on an entry on a Supercar........more sense to continue running state rounds when the IPRA cars are the main show.
Of course we will bother! We have bothered for the last three years supporting events that should have been VERY happy to have us on board. We would be, and will be spending our own money and time on the State rounds as well, why not in front of a class that may attract a little sponsorship, or even have a competitor noticed by one of the Konica teams???

For most people competing in this class this may be the only chance to have their talent noticed.

It would be great to see more interest from Queensland so we could beat them on their own turf again!

Last edited by rdmdog; 17 Dec 2003 at 22:02.
Old 17 Dec 2003, 23:21 (Ref:814649)   #43
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And we'd love to have you guys up here! How about the Nationals? What are the chances of it raining at PI in May??
Old 17 Dec 2003, 23:23 (Ref:814651)   #44
bathurst
Racer

Australia
sydney
bathurst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My favourite Support is Formula Fords. But the Appendix Js arent far behind. We've noticed they always get the rough end of the pineapple when it comes to cancelling races or reducing laps. Is that because the Appendix J field pays less than say the Porsches or the Bloody MGs for entry? Plus the MGs and the Porsches have TV contracts. Those races are so boring but I suppose that's what TC wants eh.
Old 17 Dec 2003, 23:31 (Ref:814657)   #45
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One of the primary reasons some categories are not considered for support material is the standard of presentation of the cars and teams.

Under 2 litre SPorts Sedans did themselves no good a few seasons ago in Victoria with an absolutely shabby turnout for a race meeting where they were being vetted for consideration at a National Championship meeting.

Similarly with IPRA cars - whilst the majority are good, there are a reasonable number that let the side down.
Old 17 Dec 2003, 23:39 (Ref:814662)   #46
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Good point RT, however, most of the guys, and girls, who will make the effort to travel interstate for a round of the IPRA Interstate Series know the importance of presentation.

I think its fantastic that FFord is back on the programme, Ill never understand why it was dropped in the first place , money I guess.

Nationals at PI would be BRILLIANT, but I recon the end of November would be a better time for them (PLEEEEEEASE )

Would also be an opportunity for the Victorians to show how much they like the circuit and that it should still be on the V8 series schedule, HINT HINT!!
Old 17 Dec 2003, 23:52 (Ref:814671)   #47
bathurst
Racer

Australia
sydney
bathurst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by RaceTime
One of the primary reasons some categories are not considered for support material is the standard of presentation of the cars and teams.

Under 2 litre SPorts Sedans did themselves no good a few seasons ago in Victoria with an absolutely shabby turnout for a race meeting where they were being vetted for consideration at a National Championship meeting.

Similarly with IPRA cars - whilst the majority are good, there are a reasonable number that let the side down.
What just because their not covered with sponsors logos. What a load of #%&*. Appendix Js arent suppose to have sponsors on them.
Old 18 Dec 2003, 00:01 (Ref:814678)   #48
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
If you wandered thru the Appendix J field you will find some immaculate cars, like the one below, and some others that have been driven for a number of seasons without a birthday or cosmetic freshen up.

Endless ties, hundred mile an hour tape, hammer marks on the panel work... are probably ok at the start of the last race of the weekend, not fresh off the trailer
Attached Thumbnails
brockxu1.jpg  
Old 18 Dec 2003, 00:06 (Ref:814686)   #49
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by bathurst
What just because their not covered with sponsors logos. What a load of #%&*. Appendix Js arent suppose to have sponsors on them.
I didn't even mention Appendix J - I was referring quite specifically to two categories that have tried to get on as support categories and failed.

And it has nothing to do with stickers on the cars - the U2L guys cars, at the meeting I am talking about, looked like they had been thrown together with odd panels, dents from many meetings ago that they couldn't be bothered fixing and, in a large number of cases, looked like they hadn't even be rinsed down after being towed to the meeting on the back of an open trailer.

If you think that type of presentation is OK - fine.
Old 18 Dec 2003, 00:07 (Ref:814690)   #50
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Totally agree, irrespective of the class of car!!!!!!