Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 29 Dec 2003, 10:05 (Ref:822451)   #26
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Now now, what do you race??
Old 29 Dec 2003, 11:12 (Ref:822486)   #27
sevi
Veteran

sevi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JDI, a driver from the main game can only go to Konica if they finish higher then 25th position. Thexton would no longer be able to run in both, and as he has a level 2 he has to go back to the main game.
Old 29 Dec 2003, 11:24 (Ref:822492)   #28
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Higher than 25th?? :-S
Old 29 Dec 2003, 19:30 (Ref:822746)   #29
Peter Walsh
Racer

Peter Walsh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Thex is sorted.He is doing the NZ series so he can get to come 15th over here.He'll learn plenty about panel damage in the middle of our field.
Old 29 Dec 2003, 19:59 (Ref:822767)   #30
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thexton could run both, he finished in the 30s, just like Whincup who finished 27th....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 29 Dec 2003, 22:03 (Ref:822891)   #31
Just Do It!
Veteran

So Sevi mis-typed?
Old 29 Dec 2003, 22:05 (Ref:822893)   #32
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
"Higher" numercially as opposed to championship position...

27th being higher than 25th numerically but worse position-wise....
Old 29 Dec 2003, 22:13 (Ref:822908)   #33
Just Do It!
Veteran

Got you that time. Thanks
Old 29 Dec 2003, 23:09 (Ref:822987)   #34
dynamik gal
Racer

Netherlands
F1 Melbourne, Australia
dynamik gal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Chucky

And when will people realise that FFord teaches drivers as many bad habits as good? Whincup, like so many others straight out of FFord need something in between to give them a better grasp of aero grip, slick tyres, faster lap times, etc.

They just aren't the be all and end all of "training grounds" that's for sure.
I think its great if Holden are supporting their younger drivers instead of just leaving them out to dry. There are a few contenders who would all be relevant for the second seat, but I think thats up to the HYL jury to decide.

In regards to the above comment from Chucky re FFords not being the "be all and end all" - sure thing, I think everyone seems to forget that we have a premier FHolden class that is dwindling in numbers due to lack of support. Perhaps Holden can put some pennies back into this category and support our boys who'd like to continue open wheeler racing in Australia in a class equivalent to European F3000 and not take their money off shore to race in categories. That way we can see our own home grown talent race in front of us like the good old days of only a few years ago!
Old 30 Dec 2003, 00:21 (Ref:823055)   #35
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'd love to watch a FHolden (or whatever it's called) race, but only if it's a decent race with a good number of decent cars and drivers.
Those essential ingredients aren't all there at the moment.
Old 30 Dec 2003, 00:24 (Ref:823060)   #36
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The F3 teams running Speiss-Opel engines are quite proud to call their powerplants Holdens....
Old 30 Dec 2003, 00:30 (Ref:823063)   #37
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BRM does anyway.
Old 30 Dec 2003, 11:06 (Ref:823438)   #38
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
poor thexton - he does deserve recognition.... he will be the last of older drivers who came from nowhere and race v8 supercars - how old is the "thexter" by the way .... hope he aint 21 or 22
Old 31 Dec 2003, 01:18 (Ref:824117)   #39
sevi
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Just Do It!
So Sevi mis-typed?
I knew what I meant.
Old 31 Dec 2003, 01:37 (Ref:824124)   #40
Just Do It!
Veteran

Don't we all? Everyone's guilty at some point. Are you putting Racefax together over the holiday season so Mr Whitlock can have a break or does his publication stop for a break too??
Old 31 Dec 2003, 02:16 (Ref:824144)   #41
Peter Walsh
Racer

Peter Walsh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the Thex is 47
Old 31 Dec 2003, 05:29 (Ref:824237)   #42
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Born 04/02/1958 according to the www.v8supercar.com.au website... which puts him at 45 right about now...

And we cant even really call him a Kiwi... actually he is a Pom by birth!
Old 31 Dec 2003, 07:57 (Ref:824281)   #43
Zinger
Racer

Zinger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What happened to his Pespi sponsorship deal, I thought it was a bit odd when he sold his business to coke.
Old 31 Dec 2003, 08:00 (Ref:824284)   #44
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Coke had a bit to say about the Pepsi deal apparently, so it disappeared off the radar....

Coke in some ways are like the mafia.. do a deal with them, and your childrens children will be doing deals with them, like it or not
Old 31 Dec 2003, 08:06 (Ref:824290)   #45
Zinger
Racer

Zinger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow I drink coke but often experiment with Pepsi every now and then. Maffa, I think I may just stick to coke from now on.
Old 31 Dec 2003, 08:20 (Ref:824305)   #46
STEVO
Veteran

STEVO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Don't we all? Everyone's guilty at some point. Are you putting Racefax together over the holiday season so Mr Whitlock can have a break or does his publication stop for a break too??
Hey all,

Umm I'm new here and was greatly enjoying this thread (and the forums)... who is Mr Whitlock?

Is that a V8 association? Little help
Old 31 Dec 2003, 08:31 (Ref:824312)   #47
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Welcome to 10/10ths Stevo...

Mr Whitlock produces a news journal known as RaceFax, where he presents a number of different pieces of information about people, teams, drivers, sponsors, races, laptimes, crews and the like onto one document.

Its not cheap to subscribe. I dont, as I know the subscribers on here will soon enough throw the info on here anyways Or I will beat them to it
Old 1 Jan 2004, 07:05 (Ref:825052)   #48
sevi
Veteran

Quote:
What are you Paydrivers alter ego?
Unlike you, my comment was made in jest!
Old 1 Jan 2004, 07:33 (Ref:825061)   #49
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
Born 04/02/1958 according to the www.v8supercar.com.au website... which puts him at 45 right about now...

And we cant even really call him a Kiwi... actually he is a Pom by birth!
That explains why he is taking his parents to court
Old 3 Jan 2004, 09:57 (Ref:826341)   #50
Just Do It!
Veteran

Sevi, it was truly in jest too. If offence was taken, humblest sorries.

I am no one's alter ego - I am not even married!