Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 16 Dec 2003, 01:05 (Ref:812675)   #1
Archer
Veteran

Archer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PWR thread

Still an enigma for 04 is PWR formally known as Team Brock.
Paul Weel Racing has a many a changes ahead of them and many announcments to be made by the team.

1. Brock is not going to be involved in the team in 04, we know this.

2. Betta Electrical has walked as prime sponsor, we know this.

3. I have to say that despite what many of you have said I really do believe Bright will be driving for someone else next year. You dont make a comment like the one he made at EC and still drive for the same team next year. Queston is who will replace him? And where will he go?

4. Who will replace Betta, anyone have any inside info?

5. Will PWR remain part of the HMS three team superteam. Are they wanted there? Can they afford it?

6. Kees/Paul still own the L2 PWR licence. If they cant sell it or lease it, will they be forced by TEGA to run a third entry at some events? There really seams to be no buyer for it at the moment...

What to do PWR, what to do?...
I support (V8): Holden, Holden Racing Team, Perkins Motorsport, #888, #2, #22, #11, #7, #3, #34, #51, #55, #33, #88, #18, #4, #5 & #1. I support (F1): Williams Toyota, Red Bull Renault, #15, #16, #23, #9 & #10.

RIP Peter Brock and Mark Porter
Old 16 Dec 2003, 01:15 (Ref:812681)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
1. Brock is going Nations Cup with a VERY healthy budget to run 2 Monaros for himself and stepson James.

2. Betta has moved to 888 in a larger way, but nobody said they werent joining Brock at the Nations Cup corral

3. Bright has nowhere to go in 2004.... the good seats are filled... unless he wants to go to the LRT experience...

4. Holden are helping PWR by introducing them to some of their major customers, so the hope is they can parlay a sales agreement with Holden into a sponsorship with PWR

5. PWR are wanted, the costs are amortised across more cars, so Skaife/HMS etc get richer at the thought. Money has never really been a problem here... refer to 4.

6. Kees Weel needs to sell/lease the L2 franchise licence slot or be forced to run a car in its place. The opportunity is there for someone in the Konica series with a strong budget to go main series racing...

Paragon ran the McLean program in 2001 on a $600k budget, there would be a possibility of a similar kind of budget in the right car to do something good in the main series. Survive not develop, and lease not buy the franchise

There are buyers out there, but they are not impressed by the telephone numbers the franchise owners want for their assets
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 16 Dec 2003, 02:52 (Ref:812711)   #3
Chucky
Veteran

Australia
Port Melbourne, Australia
Chucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr. Bright is apparently trying to get a Team Bright off the ground. With a major (US) retail chain as the backer.
Old 16 Dec 2003, 03:33 (Ref:812721)   #4
Vee8
Racer

Vee8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr Bright will drive for PWR next year. End of story.
Old 16 Dec 2003, 04:40 (Ref:812751)   #5
sevi
Veteran

sevi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with Vee8, well for the last couple of weeks that is the story.
Old 16 Dec 2003, 06:34 (Ref:812788)   #6
TBMATT05
Rookie

TBMATT05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeah Brighty hasn't usually brocken any contracts I don't thibk
Old 16 Dec 2003, 06:49 (Ref:812799)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
How do you break a contract that is legally frustrated by the contracting entity detonating itself?
Old 16 Dec 2003, 23:58 (Ref:813617)   #8
Timu
Veteran

New Zealand
Waiuku, New Zealand
Timu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic

6. Kees Weel needs to sell/lease the L2 franchise licence slot or be forced to run a car in its place. The opportunity is there for someone in the Konica series with a strong budget to go main series racing...

The Smiths trucks outfit could probably mount a fairly decent challenge for mid pack. Other Konica teams that wouldn't disgrace themselves in the main game would be the Paul Cruickshank cars, plus IRC and Faulkner young Lions.....
Old 17 Dec 2003, 07:24 (Ref:813724)   #9
tiko
Racer

tiko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic

3. Bright has nowhere to go in 2004.... the good seats are filled... unless he wants to go to the LRT experience...
Last time I checked the 3rd seat at CPR is still availible and thats not exactly a "bad seat"

Last edited by tiko; 17 Dec 2003 at 07:24.
Old 17 Dec 2003, 07:40 (Ref:813729)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The CPR seat is looking for a commercial sponsor to join the team, and as such, is not available unless the driver can introduce a sponsor to the team
Old 18 Dec 2003, 00:25 (Ref:814712)   #11
Vee8
Racer

Bright does have some fundamentally excellent personal sponsors who have supported him to the hilt for years and I would expect them to do so into the future

However, as I stated earlier, I have it on very sound authority that he's PWR's boy again next year!
Old 18 Dec 2003, 00:45 (Ref:814728)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Funny that Skilled Engineering is on the SHRT car and not the PWR unit huh...

Maybe Murf and Bright can combine their similar links to Gillette and get the Braun/Gillette/Skilled/Duracell/Oral B Team NotsoMurf Holden team up and running in 2005, with Holden's blessing as the 7th and 8th tentacles of the HMS octopus?
Old 18 Dec 2003, 01:20 (Ref:814748)   #13
Vee8
Racer

Wonder if Murf uses the Braun or the Gillette product to create those wickedly sharp sideys?
Old 7 Jan 2004, 14:27 (Ref:830555)   #14
Archer
Veteran

Archer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Persistant rumours say that Kees will not run the cars with family sponsors, so that leaves out the thermal companies, it doesnts leave much.

DUPONT RACING TEAM
I support (V8): Holden, Holden Racing Team, Perkins Motorsport, #888, #2, #22, #11, #7, #3, #34, #51, #55, #33, #88, #18, #4, #5 & #1. I support (F1): Williams Toyota, Red Bull Renault, #15, #16, #23, #9 & #10.

RIP Peter Brock and Mark Porter
Old 7 Jan 2004, 21:45 (Ref:830944)   #15
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Why so? There are sponsors tripping over themselves to get to SHRT so why not PWR?

And Dupont are a big enough company to take title sponsorship of any team here.
Old 7 Jan 2004, 22:22 (Ref:830965)   #16
Beejay17
Racer

Beejay17 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Look at 2003 and there is your answer. Bright's feelings on the podium at the Main Event reflected that PWR are the third string in the Holden bow. If HRT can't win, KRT is there to pick up the pieces and PWR fights the rear-guard action. 2003 was a bit of an anomoly as the well-sorted VX was better at some tracks and Bright scored some good results.
Old 8 Jan 2004, 10:52 (Ref:831383)   #17
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
HMS will only ever have 8 cars in it's fold maximum
Old 8 Jan 2004, 22:43 (Ref:832091)   #18
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Um, I dont think so Just Do It! There were 8 cars in its portfolio in 2003... with 2 more component supply deals being nailed down for 2004... so that puts it at 10 in my book...
Old 9 Jan 2004, 07:56 (Ref:832397)   #19
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well forgive me for being wrong, but my info came from a reliable source inside HMS.

At the time, they were looking at dropping a team...