Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 Sep 2004, 14:49 (Ref:1109437)   #1
Albux
Rookie

Italy
St Julian's, Malta
Albux should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Villeneuve at Renault in 2005? (RUMOUR)

Well it seems there are already rumours that JV could be at Renault in 2005, JB staying at BAR and GF going to Williams...

A quote from Peter Sauber: "If it will happen, it will cost a lot."

here's the link (from Gazzetta dello Sport, the most important italian sport newspaper):
http://www.gazzetta.it/primi_piani/m...27319161.shtml

What do you guys think?

When this silly season will take an end?? :confused:
Old 28 Sep 2004, 14:50 (Ref:1109438)   #2
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nonsense.
Old 28 Sep 2004, 14:54 (Ref:1109442)   #3
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Um....hang on, shaking my magic 8 Ball.

Signs are pointing to no.
Old 28 Sep 2004, 14:59 (Ref:1109447)   #4
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The jungle drums are telling me 'No chance...'
Old 28 Sep 2004, 15:01 (Ref:1109449)   #5
Alpine Star
Rookie

Alpine Star should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
When this silly season will take an end??
Probably somewhere in march 2005...
Old 28 Sep 2004, 15:02 (Ref:1109450)   #6
Albux
Rookie

Italy
St Julian's, Malta
LOL! good reply Alpine Star!!
Old 28 Sep 2004, 15:05 (Ref:1109454)   #7
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's pretty unlikely, but it could actually be the best thing for all parties:

If Button has patched up his differences at BAR, he would be well advised to stay. Fisichella is at least Jenson's equal right now, and JV is having to settle in at Reanult and adjust to Michelin tyres - does it make sense for him to leave all this behind after 3 races? He'll want a more competitive ride, and JV might not be ideal to guide Sauber forward. Peter Sauber could use the money to improve the car via their wind tunnel, and could go for DC or Davidson to lead the team.
Old 28 Sep 2004, 15:12 (Ref:1109460)   #8
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
http://www.gazzetta.it/primi_piani/m...27319161.shtml

YES! This might just happen. I might get my life long wish - to see Fisichella in a bona-fide GP winning car.

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!
Old 28 Sep 2004, 15:16 (Ref:1109463)   #9
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
this is all presuming Jense doesnt go to Williams.... which i cant see happening considering he has expressed a deep interest to go to Williams... even if the contract board rules for Bar i think FW might buy out the contract...

and if JV then stays at Renault.... Fisi is stuck again...
too complicated!
Old 28 Sep 2004, 15:17 (Ref:1109464)   #10
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Fisi stuck? He goes to Williams! A real contender.
Old 28 Sep 2004, 15:21 (Ref:1109466)   #11
Albux
Rookie

Italy
St Julian's, Malta
It seems that FW is already thinking he will very probably lose the legal battle about JB contract and so he would call back GF.
Apparently Renault have been impressed by the HUGE mediatic interest that the Villeneuve come-back has generated, so they would happily let Fisichella go to Williams...
Old 28 Sep 2004, 15:21 (Ref:1109467)   #12
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Giving new meaning to the phrase Silly Season. Perhaps Screwy Season might be more accurate.

So, let me get this straight: Some people honestly think that Renault would be better of with TFCF than Fisi?

Ah! Surreal Season.
Old 28 Sep 2004, 15:22 (Ref:1109468)   #13
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wishful thinking for some people, unlikely to happen I believe.
Old 28 Sep 2004, 15:22 (Ref:1109469)   #14
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would prefer to see Fisi in a Williams or BAR than a Renault - looks like Renault have lost the plot recently...oh dear, oh dear!

But, I'm sure this is just a silly rumour...
Old 28 Sep 2004, 15:23 (Ref:1109472)   #15
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Glen

So, let me get this straight: Some people honestly think that Renault would be better of with TFCF than Fisi?
I hope and pray that this is the case! Alright, its just a rumour, I guess I should calm down...
Old 28 Sep 2004, 15:36 (Ref:1109482)   #16
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Renault have as much chance as any of the top teams next year - they are all pretty close. Despite current form, I'd say that McLaren, Williams and Renault would be better than BAR, although that is only the balance of probability in my view, rather then a prediction.

I could make some rather more confident predictions on this subject, but think I'll leave it for now - a few sensitive soul 10-10thers can do without further agitation.
Old 28 Sep 2004, 15:38 (Ref:1109484)   #17
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Inigo, I'm curious as to why you think Fisi's move to Renault is not good. If you check the scoreboard Renault have a win this year, Williams do not. Their chassis is one of the best on the grid. They will continue to improve their engine development program and their starts are second to none. This team is providing a real challenger. Williams have a lot of changes to make before they can relive the mid-90's.
Old 28 Sep 2004, 15:45 (Ref:1109494)   #18
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ditto, jhansen. At the moment the Renaults have often been closer to the Ferraris than the Williamses. Renault's battling for 2nd, Williams is not.
Old 28 Sep 2004, 15:52 (Ref:1109497)   #19
Albux
Rookie

Italy
St Julian's, Malta
Quote:
Williams have a lot of changes to make before they can relive the mid-90's.
True, and let's not forget that what Renault really lacks is engine power. The chassis looks great.
Usually for a team raw bhp have been easier to find than to modify or even re-project a whole chassis and aerodynamics...
Old 28 Sep 2004, 15:56 (Ref:1109501)   #20
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Let me get this right. JV to Renault, JB stays at BAR, GF to Williams.

Who knows? I certainly don't anymore. I don't think we can make any assumptions.
Old 28 Sep 2004, 16:48 (Ref:1109543)   #21
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by jhansen
Inigo, I'm curious as to why you think Fisi's move to Renault is not good.
Yes, I agree Renault is looking good now. But they have such a tradition of winning at Williams, that I just can't see them being uncompetative for another season.

Plus - Flabio is at Renault, and he already screwed over Fisi once....
Old 28 Sep 2004, 17:01 (Ref:1109555)   #22
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
apparently i read an article a few weeks back where Fisi is quoted as saying that he chose Renault over Williams... apparently he had an offer from them both but he thinks Renault is the stronger now...
Old 28 Sep 2004, 17:04 (Ref:1109564)   #23
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Personaly I think Williams would be better long term.
Old 28 Sep 2004, 17:18 (Ref:1109582)   #24
Albux
Rookie

Italy
St Julian's, Malta
Quote:
Flabio is at Renault, and he already screwed over Fisi once....
As you say Flavio is at Renault, and I'm pretty sure that the mediatic impact of JV coming back to F1 hasn't gone unnoticed.
Fisichella, while being a nice driver IMO, is pretty dull on the PR side, and FB is someone who cares a LOT about sponsorhips, press relations, and ... MONEY...

So even if the 2005 Villeneuve-Renault is actually nothing more than a rumour, I wouldn't be so surprised if it becomes reality.
Old 28 Sep 2004, 17:34 (Ref:1109594)   #25
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Welcome Albux! Nice to have another Italian onboard! And maybe a Fisico fan?