Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 19 Jul 2021, 19:49 (Ref:4062215)   #1
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Some Old Home Videos

It's been awhile since I've visited, but my friends here at 10Tenths have always been in my heart.

In the early 2000's, I lost contact with all of my old home videos. But recently they were returned to me!

A few of the tapes featured some footage that I took at various races. I've digitized them and have uploaded them to YouTube so as to be able to share with any of you who may wish to see them.

Friday at the 1999 Detroit Grand Prix

The 1999 US-500

Friday and Saturday at the 2000 Detroit Grand Prix

The 2000 Michigan-500

The 2001 Michigan-500

And finally, back in 2000 I made a compilation of the 500 by combining my footage with the race broadcast from ABC Sports. This was all done with a camcorder and a VCR, but it turned out reasonably well.
The 2000 Michigan-500 (Full Race)

I enjoyed watching these again, and I hope that you get some enjoyment out of them, too!
Old 19 Jul 2021, 22:15 (Ref:4062240)   #2
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
The "Golden Years".

There were choices in chassis...
(Lola, Reynard, Penske, Swift, Eagle)

In engines...
(Ford/Cosworth, Chevy/Ilmor, Mercedes, Honda, Toyota, Buick)

And in tires...
(Firestone, Goodyear)

Last edited by macdaddy; 19 Jul 2021 at 22:20.
Old 20 Jul 2021, 01:24 (Ref:4062261)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hello how are you doing?

Those are good quality. Cool to see.
Old 20 Jul 2021, 11:43 (Ref:4062332)   #4
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Those V8s sound really nice!
Old 22 Jul 2021, 19:26 (Ref:4062743)   #5
mstets
Racer

mstets should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2000 was such a great season for CART. 19 races with some great tracks that are long gone from the schedule, including Cleveland, Michigan, California, Milwaukee, Rio, Chicago, Surfer's, Motegi, Nazareth. If my count is right, there were wins by three different engines, eight teams, and eleven drivers. If dvds were available I'd pay to watch the whole season again.

Thanks for the memory jog, and I hope Indycars are back in Canada soon.
Old 24 Jul 2021, 18:49 (Ref:4063007)   #6
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks for posting.
Old 24 Jul 2021, 21:06 (Ref:4063020)   #7
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I loved the 99 Detroit Grand Prix video that shows the teams pulling their cars off of the grass and dirt paddock!
Old 24 Jul 2021, 21:17 (Ref:4063021)   #8
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstets View Post
2000 was such a great season for CART. 19 races with some great tracks that are long gone from the schedule, including Cleveland, Michigan, California, Milwaukee, Rio, Chicago, Surfer's, Motegi, Nazareth. If my count is right, there were wins by three different engines, eight teams, and eleven drivers. If dvds were available I'd pay to watch the whole season again.

Thanks for the memory jog, and I hope Indycars are back in Canada soon.

Some people have posted entire seasons on YouTube.
Old 26 Jul 2021, 06:03 (Ref:4063157)   #9
mstets
Racer

mstets should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Some people have posted entire seasons on YouTube.

I'm not surprised that it's viewable on YouTube. I am more interested in a format that I can own in the best quality possible.
Old 26 Jul 2021, 14:16 (Ref:4063254)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I guess it depends on the quality of the video hosted on YT. Most YT videos are easily downloadable. And if they're not available elsewhere of course....