Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 13 Dec 2020, 16:30 (Ref:4022648)   #576
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Ho lĂ*, lĂ*… Une question Ă* la fois, mon Ami Robert.
Max, in the first picture there's a car driven by a French. Can you name the color? Second picture: what is the # of the lawnmower?

First clue: you can ask **David for some help…
Old 13 Dec 2020, 17:03 (Ref:4022659)   #577
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Where is EB when you need him? Allez mon pote Chris, c'est vachement drôle, on a trouvé une ERA et je subodore qu'il se trouve une Connaught. Les Connaught c'est un de tes terrains de chasse préféré, n'est-ce pas?
Old 13 Dec 2020, 18:38 (Ref:4022681)   #578
relativtortoise
Racer

relativtortoise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Car in picture 2 is an ERA, the rest - I've no idea.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
I think it is a common driver to all and combining two forumists names
Old 13 Dec 2020, 18:40 (Ref:4022684)   #579
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I think you're right. But let's bauble-the-referee release the official answer.
Old 13 Dec 2020, 20:27 (Ref:4022707)   #580
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bauble are all those cars from the GM stable? As they're all backwards.

Gerard the only name I can get from your Tintin clues is Dupont (or Dupond). I wondered whether each car started with a letter from Herge, but then realised there are six not five so that went out the window.

As all historians say when stumped "it's not my speciality era"

Old 13 Dec 2020, 20:38 (Ref:4022710)   #581
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
But the MG set I do recognise Yay! Is that a Jacobs Midget or just a replica at the back of picture 1? The Loader family in the Flymo (picture 2) I think come from my way, as does his preparer Gary Gunn of Loaded Gunn racing, based in the next town to me. In fact I used to race against Gary at Castle Combe, me in a Rover SD1 and him in a lookalike Fiesta. It barely came up to my door mirror!

Not sure.if the red T-Type is a TA or TB, really the only major difference is the sliding trunnion in the suspension.

The MGF of course resonates with me as it has the same engine as my current daily driver.

Can I move up the Stupido Rankings now please?

PS I have absolutely no idea what a sliding trunnion is, but I know it is the main difference

Old 13 Dec 2020, 20:49 (Ref:4022714)   #582
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Can I move up the Stupido Rankings now please?
Well with answers like this: "I have absolutely no idea what a sliding trunnion is, but I know it is the main difference" you're back on top !!!

I think a sliding trunion is what Mog's have at front… Or is it a sliding onion?

Its so good to have fun, thanks all for your smiles.
Old 13 Dec 2020, 22:27 (Ref:4022754)   #583
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Re the gentleman in the ERA, MM. The main clue was incorporated in a reply to GERARD.

With RBS, and bauble sharing the same monicker (ie two shillings?) you have the right answer.

GerryMo you may enlighten our friend, just to prove that you had indeed identified the right man.

As i note had the Hare's main rival. Well done A.

Bauble
Old 14 Dec 2020, 06:19 (Ref:4022806)   #584
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
An the right answer is tadaaaaaaa BOB GERARD!
Thanks to the gamers, merci beaucoup mon Ami Robert.
Tortoise and Morning got it right too I think.
Old 14 Dec 2020, 09:27 (Ref:4022834)   #585
midgetman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Re the gentleman in the ERA, MM. The main clue was incorporated in a reply to GERARD.

With RBS, and bauble sharing the same monicker (ie two shillings?) you have the right answer.

GerryMo you may enlighten our friend, just to prove that you had indeed identified the right man.

As i note had the Hare's main rival. Well done A.

Bauble
Bloody hell even the answer is in code! Stupid Corner for me .....

Old 14 Dec 2020, 10:24 (Ref:4022851)   #586
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Who would have driven all of these types?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Alfa Romeo 6C 1750 .JPG
Views:	3
Size:	3.77 MB
ID:	65768Click image for larger version

Name:	Bugatti T59 Charles McCabe.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	65769Click image for larger version

Name:	G Tom Dark Bugatti T59-50.JPG
Views:	4
Size:	898.7 KB
ID:	65770
Old 14 Dec 2020, 11:38 (Ref:4022861)   #587
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I hesitate between Jean-Pierre, friend of my Dad, and Tazio…
I go for Il Mantovani Volante! Taaaaa!
Old 14 Dec 2020, 11:49 (Ref:4022865)   #588
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
PM to EB: dont waste your time I got it wrong its not Reginald Harold either methink…
Old 14 Dec 2020, 11:51 (Ref:4022866)   #589
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Gerard, I am sure that Tazio never drove the Type 59 Bugatti, and I have an idea that Jean Pierre never raced an Alfa Sports Car.
Do not rise any higher in the Club Rankins with wild guess's.

RB has only posted three pictures, so the answer may be someone obscure.
Old 14 Dec 2020, 11:53 (Ref:4022867)   #590
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Agreed! RBS is much more subtle than that… Cut!
Old 14 Dec 2020, 12:01 (Ref:4022868)   #591
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's not obscure but I do not have pictures of other cars he raced.
Old 14 Dec 2020, 14:00 (Ref:4022886)   #592
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
René Dreyfus?
Old 14 Dec 2020, 14:06 (Ref:4022889)   #593
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Robert Benoist?

Drove the Alfa at the 1929 Spa 24 Hours shared with Attilio Marinoni.
Drove the T59/50 at the 1935 French Grand Prix.
Drove the T59 at the 1937 Le Mans 24 Hours shared with Jean-Pierre Wimille.

???
Old 14 Dec 2020, 14:07 (Ref:4022890)   #594
bauble
Veteran

England
Jean Pierre, was, as far as i know the only person to race the Bugatti 508 in it's day, so the answer may be some subsequent owner.
Old 14 Dec 2020, 15:51 (Ref:4022914)   #595
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Well done CRM, a Delage made it too easy and I did not have the Salmson, Tracta,
Itala T57 tank on file. The 2nd Bugatti was not a 508 but the T59/5-0 as entered by Tom Dark at Goodwood.
Old 15 Dec 2020, 12:07 (Ref:4023050)   #596
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Who would have driven all of thse types of car?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Austin Healey       Sebring Sprite          Chris Clegg.JPG
Size:	4.25 MB
ID:	65777Click image for larger version

Name:	Lotus 33 Jackie Oliver.JPG
Size:	898.2 KB
ID:	65778Click image for larger version

Name:	Porsche 910 Hans Schewe  (1).JPG
Views:	1
Size:	704.5 KB
ID:	65779
Old 15 Dec 2020, 13:51 (Ref:4023066)   #597
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
Who would have driven all of thse types of car?
Would I be right in saying this one might not need a PHd to solve
Edited my answer out... email send to rbs

Last edited by E.B; 15 Dec 2020 at 14:11.
Old 15 Dec 2020, 17:46 (Ref:4023111)   #598
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Would I be right in saying this one might not need a PHd to solve
Edited my answer out... email send to rbs
THIS MUST BE VERY EASY WITH CORRECT ANSWERS SO FAR.
Old 15 Dec 2020, 17:55 (Ref:4023112)   #599
midgetman
Veteran

Does that mean I'm right? Yay, take that Stupido Club!

Old 15 Dec 2020, 18:44 (Ref:4023121)   #600
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Max, may be you remember a famous Terminator movie réplique: I'll be back! Nous gardons votre rond de serviette tout prêt et tout près, le pot au feu sera toujours chaud pour vous…