Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 17 Jan 2021, 22:56 (Ref:4029718)   #26
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwent View Post
What happened to the support series with Jaguar saloons?
Saloons????

That would've been much better!!
Old 22 Jan 2021, 15:55 (Ref:4030699)   #27
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
The Santiago ePrix would be held on June 5-6.
Old 28 Jan 2021, 13:43 (Ref:4031681)   #28
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Which is now confirmed along with 6 other races as formula e has have us the updated dates
Diryah feb 26 & 27
Rome April 10
Valencia April 24 (you know the one)
Monaco 8 May
Marrakesh May 22
Chile June 5 & 6

The rest of dates in early spring
Old 11 Feb 2021, 06:44 (Ref:4034617)   #29
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The fact FE is going to take money from a manufacturer if it decides to drop this messy stuff underlines the nature of forced electrification.
PS Should be known as Agag's charge )
Old 25 Feb 2021, 12:51 (Ref:4036915)   #30
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Thread bump!

Round 1 is a doubleheader on Friday and Saturday.
Old 26 Feb 2021, 08:28 (Ref:4037065)   #31
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Thread bump!

Round 1 is a doubleheader on Friday and Saturday.
Yes, looking forward to it. It feels like such a long time since the last Formula e race, particularly as the six races at Berlin all happened in the same week, and they were a bit of a let-down for me; I didn't really enjoy six races all at the same track on the same week.

Predictions for the season:
1. Mercedes will beat Techeetah to the constructors' championship, with Vandoorne taking the drivers' championship.
2. Audi and BMW will struggle and neither will win a race.
3. Sadly, NIO will not have made much progress, and will still be at the bottom of the pile, with Oliver Turvey remaining a wasted talent.
4. Mitch Evans and Sam Bird will collide with each other once.
5. Da Costa will beat Vergne again, although it will be much closer, and Vergne will leave Techeetah at the end of the season.
Old 26 Feb 2021, 18:14 (Ref:4037198)   #32
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
3. Sadly, NIO will not have made much progress, and will still be at the bottom of the pile, with Oliver Turvey remaining a wasted talent.
But NIO and Oliver Turvey score a point in the first race of the season, after a pointless season 6! Really hope they can build on this and become a competitive team this year. And the same for Dragon. What a shame that Nico Muller missed out on superpole because of that penalty.
Old 27 Feb 2021, 09:26 (Ref:4037256)   #33
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Yes, looking forward to it. It feels like such a long time since the last Formula e race, particularly as the six races at Berlin all happened in the same week, and they were a bit of a let-down for me; I didn't really enjoy six races all at the same track on the same week.

Predictions for the season:
1. Mercedes will beat Techeetah to the constructors' championship, with Vandoorne taking the drivers' championship.
2. Audi and BMW will struggle and neither will win a race.
4. Mitch Evans and Sam Bird will collide with each other once.
5. Da Costa will beat Vergne again, although it will be much closer, and Vergne will leave Techeetah at the end of the season.

Almost right on point 4, Bird and Lynn haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 27 Feb 2021, 09:42 (Ref:4037259)   #34
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Last nights race was excellent. Really enjoyed that one.
Old 27 Feb 2021, 15:41 (Ref:4037324)   #35
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks like Mercedes have found the issue which stopped all 4 Mercedes powered cars qualifying after Mortaras crash. Now it's up to the FIA if they think it's properly sorted to allow them to race. I bet the YouTube fans will be screaming conspiracy if they can't race.
Old 27 Feb 2021, 16:18 (Ref:4037329)   #36
BTCC frog
Veteran

Two Dragons and two NIOs in the top six...

What a difference a year makes.
Old 27 Feb 2021, 18:03 (Ref:4037342)   #37
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Disappointing end to race 2. Lynn has been transferred to hospital.
Old 27 Feb 2021, 21:04 (Ref:4037356)   #38
BTCC frog
Veteran

So Jean-Eric Vergne loses his podium to a time penalty (with others also getting penalised) for not taking an attack mode, when he is not allowed to do it under the safety car, which came about twelve minutes before the end of the race, and then there was a red flag which stopped the race. Can I just say that I think this is the single worst piece of stewarding I have ever seen in motorsport. (Or in any sport, including all the ridiculous penalty decisions that have gone against Ipswich Town this year). I thought we'd seen the worst of it when Daniel Abt had a win taken away because of an incorrect barcode. Then, yesterday, three drivers were thrown out of qualifying for improving on their laptimes when it was their first laps, which was pretty bad. But this incident today is shocking. Formula e races are really exciting, and it has the potential to be brilliant. But the terrible stewards/rules are the worst thing about it (along with fanboost), and until this changes it will never be remotely on the same level as Formula 1. Formula e should be ashamed. I've never seen anything like it.
Old 28 Feb 2021, 09:39 (Ref:4037407)   #39
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've just been doing some reading up on the penalties.

Qualifying: personally, despite the griping from the drivers, I think that was fair. It's not single lap qualifying now, they have four minutes to get their fastest timed lap down subject to

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIA Formula E Sporting Regs 2020/2021
Each car can do a maximum of
2 flying laps, only 1 at maximum power,
all other laps must be at 200 kW power level
Yes, everyone always saves the best til last, but that means there's a risk of something affecting that group's session - as we've seen. It's quite plausible that tactics will change now with some drivers doing their full power lap on the second lap out rather than the last one.
I think the major injustice there though is that the driver who binned it got to start ahead of the other three based on practice laps; that should be "you bin it, you start at the back" as in many other series.
(It's also interesting from a marshal's perspective that a lot of the press write-ups say that the double yellow flag was "non-instructed" - if there's a car in the firing line with a driver in it, you don't wait for instruction! Display the flag and report the fact. Done.)

But the post race time penalties for not using the second attack mode, despite not being able to for 9 or 10 minutes due to FCY and then SC before the red flag... I can't see how those are justified. That said, everyone else managed it, including six or seven who took AM immediately before the FCY as a strategy move, guaranteeing they wouldn't need to slow to take it once the race resumed. I'm surprised the penalties haven't been appealed (they haven't, have they?).

Overall though: two really good races with a lot of really good overtaking. Was it just me or did FanBoost feel a little "toned down" in terms of commentary compared to previous seasons?
Old 28 Feb 2021, 10:35 (Ref:4037409)   #40
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
So Jean-Eric Vergne loses his podium to a time penalty (with others also getting penalised) for not taking an attack mode, when he is not allowed to do it under the safety car, which came about twelve minutes before the end of the race, and then there was a red flag which stopped the race. Can I just say that I think this is the single worst piece of stewarding I have ever seen in motorsport. (Or in any sport, including all the ridiculous penalty decisions that have gone against Ipswich Town this year). I thought we'd seen the worst of it when Daniel Abt had a win taken away because of an incorrect barcode. Then, yesterday, three drivers were thrown out of qualifying for improving on their laptimes when it was their first laps, which was pretty bad. But this incident today is shocking. Formula e races are really exciting, and it has the potential to be brilliant. But the terrible stewards/rules are the worst thing about it (along with fanboost), and until this changes it will never be remotely on the same level as Formula 1. Formula e should be ashamed. I've never seen anything like it.
It’s about knowing the rules and risk management. Vergne gambled (for a late race advantage) and lost. Simple as.

As to qualifying, you think someone setting a purple sector in Q4 is acceptable while passing a car in the wall, with waved yellows? That’s very 1970s, when Ipswich were decent. Lambert out!
Old 28 Feb 2021, 10:46 (Ref:4037410)   #41
BTCC frog
Veteran

A purple sector with yellow flags is unacceptable, and I agree that Muller should have been penalised. But for the others, the way Jack Nicholls described it it sounded like the penalty was for improving, and they didn't check if they had lifted. If they did check, and see that they didn't lift, then the penalties were fair. Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned the qualifying penalties if that is what happened because if that is true, the penalties were unfair. But I don't agree on the attack mode penalties. To call it a gamble isn't really fair when the safety car started with twelve minutes to go - over a quarter of the race. There is no way those penalties were justified, and whether the stewards or the writers of the rulebook are to blame, it doesn't matter. The point is, it was the most unreasonable penalty I have ever seen in motorsport.
Old 28 Feb 2021, 11:26 (Ref:4037422)   #42
BTCC frog
Veteran

Quote:
the penalties were unfair.
Sorry, this should of course say the penalties were fair (meaning the qualifying penalties).
Old 28 Feb 2021, 12:55 (Ref:4037426)   #43
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
To call it a gamble isn't really fair when the safety car started with twelve minutes to go - over a quarter of the race. There is no way those penalties were justified, and whether the stewards or the writers of the rulebook are to blame, it doesn't matter. The point is, it was the most unreasonable penalty I have ever seen in motorsport.
It really isn’t though. The drivers know the rules. Taking it later is an advantage, but you can get caught out by SCs etc. If you described the situation and then asked which driver, pretty much everybody in the paddock would have guessed JEV.
Old 28 Feb 2021, 13:21 (Ref:4037433)   #44
BTCC frog
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
It really isn’t though. The drivers know the rules. Taking it later is an advantage, but you can get caught out by SCs etc. If you described the situation and then asked which driver, pretty much everybody in the paddock would have guessed JEV.
I'm not saying the stewards did anything wrong (I shouldn't have used the word stewarding), I am blaming the rulebook. This rule should really be changed by the next race to at least make it only a two second penalty if the race finishes behind the safety car. Not using attack mode when you do have a chance to is definitely worth a drive-through. And it wasn't just JEV, it was Rast and Blomqvist too.

And Ipswich have been good more recently than the seventies
Old 28 Feb 2021, 22:59 (Ref:4037499)   #45
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I'm not saying the stewards did anything wrong (I shouldn't have used the word stewarding), I am blaming the rulebook. This rule should really be changed by the next race to at least make it only a two second penalty if the race finishes behind the safety car. Not using attack mode when you do have a chance to is definitely worth a drive-through. And it wasn't just JEV, it was Rast and Blomqvist too.

And Ipswich have been good more recently than the seventies
The season with Marcus Stewart banging in goals for fun was the last time they were good! 2000-01 season?

Woah i'm waay off topic. Apologies!!
Old 28 Feb 2021, 23:12 (Ref:4037504)   #46
peebee2
Veteran

Lambert finally gone now.
Old 1 Mar 2021, 08:32 (Ref:4037546)   #47
BTCC frog
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
The season with Marcus Stewart banging in goals for fun was the last time they were good! 2000-01 season?

Woah i'm waay off topic. Apologies!!
Yes way off topic. I never thought I would be discussing Ipswich Town on a Formula e thread!
Old 1 Mar 2021, 08:41 (Ref:4037547)   #48
BTCC frog
Veteran

May I propose no more mentions of Ipswich or any football team on this thread (or this forum). There are other places to do that.
Old 1 Mar 2021, 12:10 (Ref:4037595)   #49
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
May I propose no more mentions of Ipswich or any football team on this thread (or this forum). There are other places to do that.
A bold proposal indeed.

In fact, in a strange quirk of fate, Atlético Madrid is currently being discussed in the Glickenhaus Hypercar thread!
Old 1 Mar 2021, 18:03 (Ref:4037692)   #50
BTCC frog
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
A bold proposal indeed.
Yes, it is a bold proposal, and I know I was the one who started it, but I never expected anyone else on this forum to have any opinions on Ipswich Town
But I would prefer not to have a discussion about it on here, as this is a motorsport forum, and apart from anything else it doesn't look good for motorsport if another (inferior) sport is being discussed on this forum. It's not just because it depresses me to talk about my club in their current state.