Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: And the 2021 Bathurst winner is.....
#2 Mobil 1 TM Middy's Racing Bryce Fullwood/Warren Luff WAU Holden 0 0%
#3 CoolDrive Racing Tim Slade/Tim Blanchard TBR Ford 0 0%
#4 SCT Logistics Jack Smith/David Wall BJR Holden 0 0%
#5 Truck Assist Racing Jack Le Brocq/Zak Best Tickford Ford 0 0%
#6 Monster Energy Racing Cameron Waters/James Moffat Tickford Ford 7 15.22%
#7 NED Whisky Racing Andre Heimgartner/Earl Bamber KGR Ford 1 2.17%
#8 R&J Batteries Nick Percat/Dale Wood BJR Holden 0 0%
#9 Erebus Pedders Racing Will Brown/Jack Perkins Erebus Holden 1 2.17%
#11 Shell V-Power Racing Team Anton De Pasquale/Tony D'Alberto DJR Ford 3 6.52%
#14 Brad Jones Racing Todd Hazelwood/Dean Fiore BJR Holden 1 2.17%
#17 Shell V-Power Racing Team Will Davison/Alex Davison DJR Ford 2 4.35%
#18 IRWIN Racing Mark Winterbottom/Michael Caruso T18 Holden 1 2.17%
#19 Local Legends Fabian Coulthard/Jonathon Webb Tekno Holden 0 0%
#20 DEWALT Racing Scott Pye/James Golding T18 Holden 0 0%
#22 Team SYDNEY Garry Jacobson/Dylan O'Keeffe Tekno Holden 0 0%
#25 Mobil 1 TM Appliances Online Chaz Mostert/Lee Holdsworth WAU Holden 3 6.52%
#26 Penrite Racing David Reynolds/Luke Youlden KGR Ford 0 0%
#34 UNIT Racing Jake Kostecki/Kurt Kostecki MSR Holden 0 0%
#35 Yellow Cover Racing Zane Goddard/Jayden Ojeda MSR Holden 0 0%
#39 SuperCheap Auto Racing Broc Feeney/Russell Ingall 888 Holden 1 2.17%
#44 Boost Mobile Racing James Courtney/Thomas Randle Tickford Ford 0 0%
#51 Boost Mobile Racing Greg Murphy/Richie Stanaway Erebus Holden 0 0%
#88 Red Bull Ampol Racing Team Jamie Whincup/Craig Lowndes 888 Holden 5 10.87%
#96 Coca-Cola Racing Macauley Jones/Chris Pither BJR Holden 0 0%
#97 Red Bull Ampol Racing Team Shane van Gisbergen/Garth Tander 888 Holden 21 45.65%
#99 Erebus Boost Mobile Racing Brodie Kostecki/David Russell Erebus Holden 0 0%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2 Dec 2021, 12:31 (Ref:4086251)   #51
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Crowd or working staff?
Given the professionals are using RATs I would have thought it might be more likely but I believe it is a punter. Interesting to see what comes of it.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Old 3 Dec 2021, 00:58 (Ref:4086373)   #52
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Given the professionals are using RATs I would have thought it might be more likely but I believe it is a punter. Interesting to see what comes of it.

RATs are not foolproof either... false positives were a feature of some most recent ones.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 4 Dec 2021, 09:11 (Ref:4086528)   #53
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mr Mostert was MEGA..
The Erebutians presented an illegal car..
lots of fast cars at the front tomorrow..
It’s gunna be awesome
Old 4 Dec 2021, 14:53 (Ref:4086555)   #54
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"After thorough inspection it was found that although the overall car weights were by the book, doors on both Erebus Holdens were underweight."
Some nit picking going on here? or is it just a cheat to lower the centre of gravity thereby improving the handling? Great shootout nevertheless, Mostert looking supremely confident. Loving the action from Bathurst, such a diverse mix of racing.
Old 5 Dec 2021, 00:08 (Ref:4086660)   #55
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
That was a really intense shootout - they can sometimes be a little "meh" but that one sure wasn't.

SO little between the teams/cars/drivers - no sense at all right now on who is looking favourite, going to really enjoy today's race I expect (despite the stoopid late start).
Old 5 Dec 2021, 01:11 (Ref:4086670)   #56
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Come on Cam. Moffat to win 50 years after his father did in XY would be awesome
Old 5 Dec 2021, 05:34 (Ref:4086692)   #57
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Those laps after the SC restart around lap 108 were the most exciting thing. Would love to go back in time and experience that for the first time again, amazing stuff. No idea how they all survived.
Old 5 Dec 2021, 08:00 (Ref:4086696)   #58
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Amazing drive by Chaz and Lee. That car was a rocket - but not a mistake a day, despite a delaminated tyre.

Did anyone else find Gizzy's slow drive over the top a little rude? On the racing line, or on the middle and not clearly ceding?
Old 5 Dec 2021, 08:12 (Ref:4086697)   #59
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
surprisingly few comments on the most important race of the year

I thought the first few hours were a snooze fest, highlighted by the white wallaby but that echidna livened things up and from then on it was a cracker (theres a sentence I never thought I would use in motor racing)

Moving the start time to after midday worked fine. and would have been better for states on other timezones.

All in all the whole bathurst festival of speed week worked well maybe with a few adjustments to who races when,. would have swapped sunday appearance of porsche and toyotas for atc or tcr or ta

s5000s are magic, but im concerned about the amount of serious incidents (a subject for another section)

All in all a long wait for bathurst this year, but worth it,,
And great drive my mos and lee especially mozzie in last hour. they were pushed hard and held it together.
Old 5 Dec 2021, 08:13 (Ref:4086699)   #60
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna05 View Post
Amazing drive by Chaz and Lee. That car was a rocket - but not a mistake a day, despite a delaminated tyre.

Did anyone else find Gizzy's slow drive over the top a little rude? On the racing line, or on the middle and not clearly ceding?
Agree on both points. I thought svg was going slow down the middle of track almost cost a couple of cars their race
Old 5 Dec 2021, 08:36 (Ref:4086705)   #61
Backagain
Racer

Backagain has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
Agree on both points. I thought svg was going slow down the middle of track almost cost a couple of cars their race
Typical Vangiz/Red Bull ploy, baulking others to get Whincup into a position where he can protect Shane. Didn't work this time, a bit of karma sorted him out.
Old 5 Dec 2021, 08:50 (Ref:4086708)   #62
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice work by Chas and Lethal Lee.

There was a few surprises including a good run from Fullwood/Luff, Kostecki/Russell.

Shame that Will and Jack, got taken out early.

Horror day for DJR boys, didn’t seem to on pace on race day.
Old 5 Dec 2021, 09:02 (Ref:4086710)   #63
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
Moving the start time to after midday worked fine. and would have been better for states on other timezones.
Personally I don't like it but you're right, it did work - this year. If we'd had rain or other impediments could have been a real problem though. Don't know if they'll continue the approach or not but from a purely personal point of view, I hope not (but that might just me being a bit of a curmudgeon).

Loved it when the race really arced up after 100 laps, just got better and better - well-deserved win to the team with the best package, very pleased for them all.
Old 5 Dec 2021, 19:53 (Ref:4086934)   #64
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Can't let the chance go by to recognise the amazing work chaplain Garry Coleman has done.

The emotion in his voice as he "signed off" yesterday morning was gut wrenching.

You are an incredible man Garry.
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 5 Dec 2021, 19:56 (Ref:4086935)   #65
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And I also loved the line in the Bathurst intro on FOX.

Straights are for fast cars.
Corners are for fast drivers...
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 6 Dec 2021, 05:04 (Ref:4087112)   #66
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WAU Car fast all week weekend. Setup seemed to be perfect and transferred over to the second car as well.

Mozzie Brilliant quali lap and overall brilliant weekend
Holdsworth A Grade Co-Drive.

Brodie in the Erubus. Shoulders out ! Love it
Old 6 Dec 2021, 05:06 (Ref:4087113)   #67
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter View Post
Can't let the chance go by to recognise the amazing work chaplain Garry Coleman has done.

The emotion in his voice as he "signed off" yesterday morning was gut wrenching.

You are an incredible man Garry.
Was eye watering thats for sure.

Over and Out !!!!!
Old 6 Dec 2021, 05:16 (Ref:4087114)   #68
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope questions will be asked about the build quality of the tyre stocks provided to competitors :-(
Old 6 Dec 2021, 05:37 (Ref:4087118)   #69
bloggs
Racer

Australia
Goldcoast
bloggs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You could add the build quality of the steering racks to the list as well.
one hellava life
Old 6 Dec 2021, 06:21 (Ref:4087119)   #70
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
And the build quality of the echidna-proof barriers.
Old 6 Dec 2021, 07:41 (Ref:4087128)   #71
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 275 GTB-4 View Post
I hope questions will be asked about the build quality of the tyre stocks provided to competitors :-(
It's quite clear that adventurous suspension geometry gives you speed but hurts the tyre.

Old 6 Dec 2021, 07:55 (Ref:4087134)   #72
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
That big sheet of Michelin TCR tread on the front of Mr Cox’s Alfa Romeo from Mr Moffat’s Renault Megane was a large concern I agree
Old 6 Dec 2021, 09:22 (Ref:4087150)   #73
dirtymacca
Racer

dirtymacca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloggs View Post
You could add the build quality of the steering racks to the list as well.
Nah... the spiny little buggers are trained to bring out the safety car and bunch up the field after lap 120.... Crafty.
Old 6 Dec 2021, 09:34 (Ref:4087152)   #74
banksie
Racer

Australia
Victoria
banksie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Enjoyed the race immensely. Start time worked well for me, freed up the morning for other things. Strong TV ratings for the race. Impressed by Feeney's efforts, I'll back him to be a phenom in '22. No doubt Mostert and Holdsworth are deserving winners this year.

Minor detail, but how hard is to get the podium correct? 2nd goes to the right shoulder of first. Look at the olympics, always the same. Too many Supercar events stuff this basic item up.
Old 6 Dec 2021, 09:48 (Ref:4087157)   #75
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
There were tyre issues in nearly every category with a range of tyre suppliers having issues.Whether the answer is change of tyre specs or more control of pressures and camber or a combination of both.What role did the kerbs and track surface play?
Answers need to be sorted before next October.