Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > WTCC & European Touring Car Series

Notices

Old 21 Nov 2020, 13:04 (Ref:4018156)   #466
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Vilnius
billy bleach has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Harz View Post
Classic click bait bottom feeder “journalism”. What a joke. Word is there is some doubt that BMW will continue their € support and Turkington may not stay on the books let alone hiring Sutton. Surely Jordan would be first choice? Also where are the paying vacancies in V8SC? What a load of B0llx
Old 21 Nov 2020, 13:18 (Ref:4018157)   #467
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Surely Jordan would be first choice?
Not so sure they're on good terms anymore 😂
Old 21 Nov 2020, 13:22 (Ref:4018158)   #468
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpeebee2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lol if you’re going to fund a free drive you’d hire someone a lot better than Jordan.
Old 21 Nov 2020, 14:03 (Ref:4018161)   #469
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Vilnius
billy bleach has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Lol if you’re going to fund a free drive you’d hire someone a lot better than Jordan.
I guess I meant I doubt BMW have one fully funded drive let alone two. At least Jordan had some cash - although apparently not enough....
Old 21 Nov 2020, 19:59 (Ref:4018210)   #470
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Some thoughts, all me trying to add 2 + 2 together:

Jelley feels he is better than what TPR can put underneath him. I agree with this sentiment, he is getting on a little and probably no longer as sharp as he was when last at WSR but still good enough to be a regular runner towards the sharp end.

TPR haven't really got the knack of BTCC; very successful in other forms, but perhaps not enough cash or indeed touring car know how. TPR only ended up in BTCC when Motorbase became unable to run Alex Martins ride - the sponsor drop out that left Big Dave and the gang on the sidelines for half a season. TPR never had a plan to enter, but clearly a big please from Dave and Alex and some folding made it a thing. When Alex decided it wasn't for him Steven Jelleys TPR connections and desire to try BTCC again got him in. He never got on with the Focus, which is where his WSR connection and relationship with Dick got him the 1 series.

So, if Steven is going to run at WSR, which seems pretty certain I hear then I see that car and TBL being sold on and TPR exiting stage left.

Now unless I'm confused again, Carl Boardley is only renting his 1 series from the Turkingtons. So maybe the car may be of interest to him if the Turkingtons want theirs back. I am pretty sure that Carls plan is to continue being run by #HARD next year using a #HARD TBL.

As for Andy Jordan, he's about as likely to be back at WSR as I am to be the lead vocal in a reformed Spice Girls...
Old 21 Nov 2020, 20:29 (Ref:4018211)   #471
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Some thoughts, all me trying to add 2 + 2 together:

Jelley feels he is better than what TPR can put underneath him. I agree with this sentiment, he is getting on a little and probably no longer as sharp as he was when last at WSR but still good enough to be a regular runner towards the sharp end.

TPR haven't really got the knack of BTCC; very successful in other forms, but perhaps not enough cash or indeed touring car know how. TPR only ended up in BTCC when Motorbase became unable to run Alex Martins ride - the sponsor drop out that left Big Dave and the gang on the sidelines for half a season. TPR never had a plan to enter, but clearly a big please from Dave and Alex and some folding made it a thing. When Alex decided it wasn't for him Steven Jelleys TPR connections and desire to try BTCC again got him in. He never got on with the Focus, which is where his WSR connection and relationship with Dick got him the 1 series.

So, if Steven is going to run at WSR, which seems pretty certain I hear then I see that car and TBL being sold on and TPR exiting stage left.

Now unless I'm confused again, Carl Boardley is only renting his 1 series from the Turkingtons. So maybe the car may be of interest to him if the Turkingtons want theirs back. I am pretty sure that Carls plan is to continue being run by #HARD next year using a #HARD TBL.

As for Andy Jordan, he's about as likely to be back at WSR as I am to be the lead vocal in a reformed Spice Girls...
Not sure where Boardly renting the 1 series story came from. The press release at the time said he'd purchased the car along with setup data direct from WSR.
Old 21 Nov 2020, 23:33 (Ref:4018220)   #472
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office.
medius should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Boardley has always owned his BMW the same way Jelley owns his.
Old 22 Nov 2020, 10:36 (Ref:4018244)   #473
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Broadly is serious about competing, and wants to improve, as well has having a better, and more safely prepared car, he should do whatever he can to raise the additional funds to have the car run by a professional outfit. Team Parker have experience of the one series, and are successful in many series, so would be the logical choice.
Although anywhere away from Team Hard would be a massive improvement.
Old 22 Nov 2020, 11:03 (Ref:4018246)   #474
crmalcolm
Veteran

Ireland
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonNeston View Post
and more safely prepared car,
That's a pretty bold accusation to make - are you implying that Boardley's car is not safe when it goes onto the track?
Old 22 Nov 2020, 13:41 (Ref:4018261)   #475
EastonNeston
Veteran

A car that is professionally prepared, with a proper system for recording & inspecting, the use of parts and replacing life expired parts at the correct intervals is inherently safer.

Most people understand that!
Old 22 Nov 2020, 14:02 (Ref:4018263)   #476
crmalcolm
Veteran

Ireland
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
A car that is professionally prepared, with a proper system for recording & inspecting, the use of parts and replacing life expired parts at the correct intervals is inherently safer.

Most people understand that!
Yes. I understand that.
Are you claiming that HARD. are not preparing the car safely though? Surely that would be a matter for the scrutineers rather than making the accusation here?
Old 22 Nov 2020, 15:28 (Ref:4018281)   #477
EastonNeston
Veteran

I have not made any accusations, just made a factual statement.

I suggest you read exactly what I wrote, not what you think I did, it's not difficult!
Old 22 Nov 2020, 17:12 (Ref:4018304)   #478
crmalcolm
Veteran

Ireland
Quote:
I have not made any accusations, just made a factual statement.

I suggest you read exactly what I wrote, not what you think I did, it's not difficult!
You wrote that if Broadly [sic] wants a more safely prepared car, he should move away from Hard. This implies that Hard do not prepare their cars in as safe a manner as other teams on the grid.

Just for clarity - are you saying that the following is factually correct: 'A car prepared by HARD. is not as safe as others on the grid?'

If that is the case, would it not be better to raise that concern officially rather than criticise the team on a public forum?
Old 22 Nov 2020, 17:15 (Ref:4018305)   #479
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
do you really need to always make such a big fuss about some words someone says ?
Old 22 Nov 2020, 17:40 (Ref:4018309)   #480
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
do you really need to always make such a big fuss about some words someone says ?
Sincerely, everyone.