Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 6 Nov 2020, 22:30 (Ref:4015263)   #26
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldStallion View Post
how original...(*sarc). ADAC GT Masters will no doubt be the biggest victim of this. Not my favorite GT series anyway though so lets see how this goes. And maybe they will come up with something enhanced in 2022.
Honestly don't know because ADAC GT is still mainly a pro-am series, while this DTM should be more pro focused, even if I think it's unlikely manufacturers will put a lof of effort on it... at the same time it's extremely unlikely as well private teams would grid a pro line-up without manufacturers support.
Old 6 Nov 2020, 22:46 (Ref:4015269)   #27
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
...while this DTM should be more pro focused, even if I think it's unlikely manufacturers will put a lof of effort on it... at the same time it's extremely unlikely as well private teams would grid a pro line-up without manufacturers support.
So the big question remains: who is going to pay for all this?

The manufacturers? Unlikely, I'd think?
The pro driver? No way!
The Am driver? Oops no, he isn't there...
The teams?
Old 6 Nov 2020, 23:20 (Ref:4015273)   #28
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
So the big question remains: who is going to pay for all this?

The manufacturers? Unlikely, I'd think?
The pro driver? No way!
The Am driver? Oops no, he isn't there...
The teams?

Ask Berger about that
all this mess reminds me a bit the world fia gt1 2010 and 2011
Old 7 Nov 2020, 09:18 (Ref:4015334)   #29
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a farce. I maintain with the way things are going their best best would be told create something of a stop-gap ready for that HYDRAZE League that came out of the German motorsports world, but then they announce DTM Electric so I have no idea what their intentions are anymore. I suppose the idea is to entice manufacturers back in with electric cars etc, but are the German giants going to invest in DTM Electric if they already have solid Formula E teams?
Old 7 Nov 2020, 18:56 (Ref:4015382)   #30
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Whole thing seems pointless imo. We have loads of GT3 series offering pretty much the same (minus single driver races). Why do we need yet another that is competing against the others for entries?
Old 7 Nov 2020, 20:14 (Ref:4015391)   #31
canaglia
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Whole thing seems pointless imo. We have loads of GT3 series offering pretty much the same (minus single driver races). Why do we need yet another that is competing against the others for entries?
because there are hundreds of gt3 cars in europe
Old 7 Nov 2020, 20:42 (Ref:4015393)   #32
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
It was GT3 or go bust.
Old 7 Nov 2020, 21:31 (Ref:4015397)   #33
canaglia
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
It was GT3 or go bust.

GT3+ or not GT3+ that is the question
Old 8 Nov 2020, 14:15 (Ref:4015490)   #34
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let's give it a chance. DTM will be working on new regulations, I'm sure about that, but I'd say I fancy the idea of DTM with GT3 cars. I've been DTM fans for many years but it has to be agreed that DTM with a Class One ruleset has no future. To have 20-24 GT3 cars on the grid, professional teams, brand variety and everything team-focused rather than manufacturer-focused would be great. I hope it's manageable.
ADAC GT may have 30+ car grids but they are pro-am, during the season there are so may driver changes that it's difficult to follow sometimes. I'd be much more willing to see a strong DTM grid with 20 cars and watch that rather than ADAC GT.
Old 10 Nov 2020, 14:40 (Ref:4015855)   #35
krzysiek_aleks
Rookie

krzysiek_aleks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
What a farce. I maintain with the way things are going their best best would be told create something of a stop-gap ready for that HYDRAZE League that came out of the German motorsports world, but then they announce DTM Electric so I have no idea what their intentions are anymore. I suppose the idea is to entice manufacturers back in with electric cars etc, but are the German giants going to invest in DTM Electric if they already have solid Formula E teams?
Hydraze is more of ADAC idea, so I don't think that Berger and ITR would be very keen to adopt it.
Old 10 Nov 2020, 16:18 (Ref:4015865)   #36
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As a hardcore GT fan I think I can have some input here. I never got into ADAC GT Masters...even though I tried. SRO/GTWC, Intl GT Open, British GT, NLS/N'ring I would all rank as GT racing I would prefer to watch over ADAC. So for me its the appropriate fall guy to get DTM going. I look forward to see what DTM can offer in 2021. I will give it a chance too.
Old 14 Nov 2020, 08:57 (Ref:4016460)   #37
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldStallion View Post
As a hardcore GT fan I think I can have some input here. I never got into ADAC GT Masters...even though I tried. SRO/GTWC, Intl GT Open, British GT, NLS/N'ring I would all rank as GT racing I would prefer to watch over ADAC. So for me its the appropriate fall guy to get DTM going. I look forward to see what DTM can offer in 2021. I will give it a chance too.
All you are saying is "I didn't care for it, for no apparent reason" so that's not really meaningful input.

It could be argued that GT Masters is the strongest GT3 sprint series in the world right now. As a supposed "hardcore GT fan" it's pretty ridiculous to be repeatedly serving it up to be sacrificed so that a disappointing touring car* series can survive for a few years. It's supposedly just a stop-gap anyways, so it's not like they have any loyalty to GT racing, and they will just abandon GT3 when their electric shitboxes are ready to race.

*Not that the Class One things are very touring car-like.
Old 14 Nov 2020, 10:52 (Ref:4016470)   #38
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accident View Post
It could be argued that GT Masters is the strongest GT3 sprint series in the world right now. As a supposed "hardcore GT fan" it's pretty ridiculous to be repeatedly serving it up to be sacrificed so that a disappointing touring car* series can survive for a few years. It's supposedly just a stop-gap anyways, so it's not like they have any loyalty to GT racing, and they will just abandon GT3 when their electric shitboxes are ready to race.
Old 14 Nov 2020, 12:15 (Ref:4016487)   #39
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
All you are saying is "I didn't care for it, for no apparent reason" so that's not really meaningful input.

100% this
Old 14 Nov 2020, 12:23 (Ref:4016489)   #40
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
It’s not likely to really affect ADAC that much surely?

Just because they’ll use GT cars, doesn’t make DTM anything like a GT championship.
Old 14 Nov 2020, 13:20 (Ref:4016511)   #41
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:

GT3+ or not GT3+ that is the question
Not really, manufacturers have no interest in GT3+.
Old 14 Nov 2020, 13:21 (Ref:4016512)   #42
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
It’s not likely to really affect ADAC that much surely?

Just because they’ll use GT cars, doesn’t make DTM anything like a GT championship.
Both series need drivers and more important sponsors.
So far sponsors in DTM had close links to manufacturers, but will they continue?
Old 15 Nov 2020, 19:04 (Ref:4017047)   #43
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I think to be really able to comment on that, we'll need to wait until we have a full DTM 2021 entry list as well as ADAC GT Masters one. ADAC GT may be the strongest GT3 championship in the world but we'll see how this compares to DTM next year. Maybe ADAC will still be so strong but maybe we'll have 20-24 great drivers racing for great teams in GT3- DTM and then, like it or not, DTM will be the strongest GT3 series. But now it's just ifs and buts.

I'd rather watch GT3 DTM than ADAC GT. Partly because I've followed DTM for many years and have drivers to cheer for (assuming that at least some of them stay in DTM) whereas in ADAC GT you have around 80 drivers every year and it's sort of difficult to follow that. Which doesn't mean I don't enjoy ADAC GT at all, I watched a few races this year, last year and it was fun. But DTM will probably always be higher on my list.

Anyway, I understand someone may have a feeling that ADAC GT 'somehow' it's not to their liking, regardless if you find it meaningful or not.
Old 24 Nov 2020, 15:09 (Ref:4018543)   #44
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GruppeM will run a AMG GT3.
http://gt-place.com/2020/11/24/wir-s...tartet-in-dtm/
Old 29 Nov 2020, 11:24 (Ref:4019359)   #45
Matt K
Veteran

According to several sources Maro Engel, Maxi Buhk and Raffaelle Marciello are all in frame for driving for GruppeM in 2021.
Old 29 Nov 2020, 19:06 (Ref:4019514)   #46
krzysiek_aleks
Rookie

krzysiek_aleks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
According to several sources Maro Engel, Maxi Buhk and Raffaelle Marciello are all in frame for driving for GruppeM in 2021.
That's why I was, I am and I will be so optimistic about 2021. DTM is prestigious enough and unique enough with their format, that most of the OEMs with GT3 cars will be keen to send their factory drivers to make sure that their brand is winning.
Old 29 Nov 2020, 20:00 (Ref:4019524)   #47
canaglia
Veteran

it's a gruppeM 3 cars effort?
Old 29 Nov 2020, 20:25 (Ref:4019530)   #48
Matt K
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by krzysiek_aleks View Post
That's why I was, I am and I will be so optimistic about 2021. DTM is prestigious enough and unique enough with their format, that most of the OEMs with GT3 cars will be keen to send their factory drivers to make sure that their brand is winning.
I also share your optimism, I don't take anything for granted, it won't be easy and it's not obvious but I hope DTM will be strong after switch to GT3 cars.
Old 29 Nov 2020, 20:25 (Ref:4019531)   #49
Matt K
Veteran

Quote:
it's a gruppeM 3 cars effort?
No, it will most likely be a single-car operation, however, I think expanding to two cars is not completely ruled out.
Old 29 Nov 2020, 20:32 (Ref:4019533)   #50
canaglia
Veteran

so no more 2 cars x team ?