Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Hillclimb and Sprint

Old 2 Jul 2013, 19:02 (Ref:3273027)   #276
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
Jean Philippe Dayraut in his Mini during practice last week; looks just about as fast as Loeb through the turns: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bNHWNyMFJ4

Sounds like his brakes are what let him down.
Old 2 Jul 2013, 23:32 (Ref:3273152)   #277
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
Video of Rhy's run: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtUzLe95BGM

With 4-wheel drive, paddle shifts, and refinements in the engine, I feel Rhys could easily get at least around 8:30 next year, if not faster.
Old 3 Jul 2013, 03:40 (Ref:3273187)   #278
Scooter185
Racer

United States
Connecticut
Scooter185 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari333SP View Post
Video of Rhy's run: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtUzLe95BGM

With 4-wheel drive, paddle shifts, and refinements in the engine, I feel Rhys could easily get at least around 8:30 next year, if not faster.
Peugeot may be back with the car they wanted to build though: cf tub, diesel engine, etc. put Loeb back in the seat and maybe we will see a sub 8.
Old 3 Jul 2013, 07:22 (Ref:3273219)   #279
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I somehow doubr Peugeot will build another car.

I imagine Red Bull funded most of this, and Peugeot were just using old Sportscar parts.

They hvae achieved their goal, and I doubt anyone will get close, you can see from onboard Seb wasnt flat out, he had more to give.
Old 3 Jul 2013, 11:31 (Ref:3273320)   #280
Willg
Rookie

Willg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post

I imagine Red Bull funded most of this, and Peugeot were just using old Sportscar parts.

They hvae achieved their goal, and I doubt anyone will get close, you can see from onboard Seb wasnt flat out, he had more to give.
I think they may potentially be back next year but with a development on the current car - why chang a winning combination? They'll probably be doing a return on investment analysis and looking to get as much PR as possible from this performance and if it adds up they may look to do it again, particularly as they now have a title to defend.

I read the other day that in an interview Bruno Famin (Peugeot Sport Director) stated that they're looking to show the car at Goodwood Festival of Speed in the Uk in a couple of weeks time if possible (which I'm going to) and also to potentially enter the car in other events. Don't know if the car will race up the Goodwood hill but it would be amazing if it did - would be awesome to see the car up close and how it performs with extra bhp at sea level!!
Old 3 Jul 2013, 11:33 (Ref:3273324)   #281
Willg
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post

By the way I've noticed you live in Stevenage - I'm at Ayot Green about 6 miles down the road! Small world......
Old 3 Jul 2013, 11:51 (Ref:3273332)   #282
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willg View Post
I think they may potentially be back next year but with a development on the current car - why chang a winning combination? They'll probably be doing a return on investment analysis and looking to get as much PR as possible from this performance and if it adds up they may look to do it again, particularly as they now have a title to defend.

I read the other day that in an interview Bruno Famin (Peugeot Sport Director) stated that they're looking to show the car at Goodwood Festival of Speed in the Uk in a couple of weeks time if possible (which I'm going to) and also to potentially enter the car in other events. Don't know if the car will race up the Goodwood hill but it would be amazing if it did - would be awesome to see the car up close and how it performs with extra bhp at sea level!!
I think the best thing they could do with the car right now is bring it onto Top Gear and take it a lap around the TG track, either with Seb Loeb behind the wheel(if he's available to visit) or The Stig. Pretty good chance it'd set the all-time record on the track. Would bring a s***-ton of publicity, which is what I'm assuming they want to maximize with this car/PP record that took place.
Old 3 Jul 2013, 12:04 (Ref:3273338)   #283
Willg
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari333SP View Post
I think the best thing they could do with the car right now is bring it onto Top Gear and take it a lap around the TG track, either with Seb Loeb behind the wheel(if he's available to visit) or The Stig. Pretty good chance it'd set the all-time record on the track. Would bring a s***-ton of publicity, which is what I'm assuming they want to maximize with this car/PP record that took place.
I'm hoping they'll do the same thing - they've got a new top gear series starting in the UK shortly so I'm sure it will feature at some point....
Old 3 Jul 2013, 13:56 (Ref:3273385)   #284
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I'm hoping they'll do the same thing - they've got a new top gear series starting in the UK shortly so I'm sure it will feature at some point....
It started last Sunday (30th). It'd be good to see it on there for sure
Old 3 Jul 2013, 14:15 (Ref:3273394)   #285
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
It started last Sunday (30th). It'd be good to see it on there for sure
I just tweeted Jeremy, James, and Richard about bring Loeb and the Peugeot on the show, so hopefully it happens!
Old 3 Jul 2013, 14:55 (Ref:3273409)   #286
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Old 3 Jul 2013, 21:11 (Ref:3273574)   #287
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I know going for the ultimate time is not the done thing at Goodwood anymore, but do you think it could beat Heidfeld's time? Who is also back in that McLaren, IIRC.
Old 3 Jul 2013, 21:59 (Ref:3273598)   #288
Willg
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I know going for the ultimate time is not the done thing at Goodwood anymore, but do you think it could beat Heidfeld's time? Who is also back in that McLaren, IIRC.
I reckon he could be on the same pace as Heidfelds time and if anything I've always thought the mclaren looked pretty jittery - formula 1 cars just aren't designed to run on such narrow roads!

Millen managed 45 seconds flat in the Pikes Peak Tacoma despite being all over the place during his run so I'm sure a the 208 would be faster - probably between 41 and 43 seconds.....
Old 4 Jul 2013, 22:22 (Ref:3274053)   #289
Willg
Rookie

Big accident from this year involving a Porsche 914 - incredible the driver was able to walk away considering the wreck!! I'm guessing this was a left hand drive car.....

http://youtu.be/CR1jLPhD2DI
Old 4 Jul 2013, 22:46 (Ref:3274062)   #290
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Big accident from this year involving a Porsche 914 - incredible the driver was able to walk away considering the wreck!! I'm guessing this was a left hand drive car.....

http://youtu.be/CR1jLPhD2DI
Bloody lucky spectators too!
Old 5 Jul 2013, 18:26 (Ref:3274382)   #291
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Surly now its all tar there has to be a bit more effort made for spectator safety

Most of these idiots haven't got a clue where to be or what to do for safety and can you imagine what would have happened if Dallenbach had mowed a few down last year, there would have been nothing left of them

Something needs to be done as the drivers really have little chance here, and Loeb nearly ran over a few, instead of whooping and drinking some of the more rowdy ones would be better off staying away, as the USA does love a wheres the blame there is a claim case, and losing this event would be very sad due to the organisers overlooking something that rallying over here has taken for granted for 40 years!
Old 5 Jul 2013, 21:40 (Ref:3274448)   #292
Willg
Rookie

There's another clip of the same crash floating about showing how close one spectator came to being crushed by the Porsche when it hit the rock. His fold up chair was flattened and fortunately he was able to jump out of the way.....
Old 5 Jul 2013, 23:35 (Ref:3274486)   #293
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
There's another clip of the same crash floating about showing how close one spectator came to being crushed by the Porsche when it hit the rock. His fold up chair was flattened and fortunately he was able to jump out of the way.....
This one?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTAzC6mNduU
Old 7 Jul 2013, 18:02 (Ref:3274961)   #294
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Mark Rennison's 9:46 run up Pikes Peak, in his Ford RS200: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEo5iTwV0_c
Old 7 Jul 2013, 23:50 (Ref:3275144)   #295
TWRv12
Veteran

Great sound on this clip of Loeb
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_yUN...9MF-CV8UIWVZZw