Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 8 Feb 2005, 13:29 (Ref:1220355)   #1
OtherBruvGrim
Rookie

England
Bedford
OtherBruvGrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Advice on Le Mans

First of all , this is my very first post so please be kind !!
Can anyone give me advice on marshalling the 24hr at Le mans in 2005 ?
Old 8 Feb 2005, 13:45 (Ref:1220377)   #2
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

First port of call is Peter Todd at the MSA, for a form to enable you to marshal at Le Mans. You'll need to return it quickly as cut-off point is approaching quickly.

Steve

Last edited by Steve Tarrant; 8 Feb 2005 at 13:45.
Old 8 Feb 2005, 13:46 (Ref:1220382)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I take it you'll be there again this year, Steve?

Any "trips" arranged so far......?
Old 8 Feb 2005, 13:56 (Ref:1220390)   #4
OtherBruvGrim
Rookie

England
Bedford
OtherBruvGrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Many thanks for your quick reply.
Do you know if you need so many marshalling days for this event?
Old 8 Feb 2005, 15:29 (Ref:1220469)   #5
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Not that I'm aware of, but I believe novices aren't accepted for obvious reasons.
Old 8 Feb 2005, 15:37 (Ref:1220480)   #6
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
I take it you'll be there again this year, Steve?

Any "trips" arranged so far......?
Hi Ayse

regrettably, I won't be there this year! Unfortunately I will instead be in Oxford Hospital having operations on my remaining leg to remove infections and infected skin, etc. Could lead to losing the limb completely, but obviously I don't want to go there!!!!!!

Steve
Old 8 Feb 2005, 15:44 (Ref:1220485)   #7
Stoowert
Veteran

Zimbabwe
Caterham, Surrey
Stoowert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whereas they don't take novices, as you say, for obvious reasons, I would say go for it! If you are on your own, come on Post 70 with us Brits, plus a few septics and Canadians. Good camping, goodish post, with easy access to the supermarket and bakers. I have,t had any paperwork from the ACO yet, wont be long though...
Old 8 Feb 2005, 15:45 (Ref:1220487)   #8
Stoowert
Veteran

Zimbabwe
Caterham, Surrey
Stoowert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've just read the above...ood luck Steve! Break a leg!
Old 9 Feb 2005, 14:29 (Ref:1221000)   #9
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoowert
I've just read the above...ood luck Steve! Break a leg!
Thank Stoowert, I'm going to need all the luck I can get, "ood" or otherwise!!!!!
Old 10 Feb 2005, 00:44 (Ref:1221519)   #10
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtherBruvGrim
First of all , this is my very first post so please be kind !! Can anyone give me advice on marshalling the 24hr at Le mans in 2005 ?
Start here: http://www.le-mans.co.uk/. Along the thin blue bar across the top click on `tickets/travel' and print out the topo map. Activity on the web site will become brisk in a few weeks. Other links may also be of use.

Next stop should be: http://www.marshalspost.com/circuit/53.html. The map is slightly out of date but good enough for a first time reference. Right click on the map, select "copy" and paste it on your desktop so that you can print it out.

Next stop should be: http://www.marshalspost.com/articles/ where you will find a series of articles I (thebear) wrote about my adventures in '99, '00, '01 & '02. They are listed in reverse order so scroll down to "Le Mans, where it's at" and then read `upwards'. You could also visit my pix in the `galleries'.

My wife has become a "Francophobe" and as a result I have been `barred' from subsquent visits to Le Mans.

Send me a Private Message if more detail is needed.
Old 10 Feb 2005, 00:46 (Ref:1221520)   #11
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtherBruvGrim
First of all , this is my very first post so please be kind !!
Can anyone give me advice on marshalling the 24hr at Le mans in 2005 ?
It would be a very good idea to join the BMMC (British Motorsport Marshals Club). I believe it would improve your insurance cover. It's a good idea to join if you're doing any UK events anyway, but that extra bit of backup when going to Le Mans makes it extra value.

Could a BMMC official give more details on this please?
Old 10 Feb 2005, 00:47 (Ref:1221522)   #12
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Tarrant
Hi Ayse

regrettably, I won't be there this year! Unfortunately I will instead be in Oxford Hospital having operations on my remaining leg to remove infections and infected skin, etc. Could lead to losing the limb completely, but obviously I don't want to go there!!!!!!

Steve
Steve, keep us posted on how you get on would you m8?
Old 10 Feb 2005, 09:56 (Ref:1221766)   #13
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1ackcr0w
Steve, keep us posted on how you get on would you m8?
Will do! Currently waiting results on 2nd MRI scan that I did a couple of weeks ago, and then will know 100% how things are (although know pretty well already from previous appointment).

Steve
Old 10 Feb 2005, 13:12 (Ref:1221960)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep, best wishes from me too Steve.