Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Hillclimb and Sprint

Old 8 Aug 2006, 18:35 (Ref:1677811)   #1
mcb666
Racer

mcb666 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Things Wight & Predatory

(The hillclimbers view..........)

McB

'Micky' Dean is getting too many over on me ! If you and Willem were there we would have more to spread the entertainment out.

One clip of the V10 before the end of the season? I have a camera that needs it..

or onboard in the 2 door.

We will get footage from your old car at Shelsley.

Old 8 Aug 2006, 20:19 (Ref:1677886)   #2
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wight jr
Really pleased for Sue and Deryk, they are the kind of people that makes this sport what it is. My only problem is i convinced my ma that changing the goulds engine would be too much of a compromise and we`d be better starting again ( just a excuse to build my own one) so you can imagine what she`s been saying every time they go well.
Ow, that must hurt somewhat.

I think I speak for everybody when I say the main thing missing from this season is your good self mixing it with Scotty & Grover. Although it has been nice to experience a Sunday morning without a headache or persistant nausia

I re-wrote your entry on Wikipeadia recently, and was bowled over by the amount of people who mailed me about wanting to know if I knew anything about the progress of the Predator.

Care to spill any beans about progress?
Old 8 Aug 2006, 21:09 (Ref:1677919)   #3
wight jr
Rookie

Scotland
up north
wight jr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
666, i will get a chance soon (i hope).
As for the Predator, making progress with parts for the engine now, but it will still be a while. Away to start building the first of my bike engined ones (Raptor) 2 going out on the hills for next year, so well pleased. 2.30 this morning before i got out the workshop, trying to get a Dax Rush ready for this weekend, just got the engine back from the builders at the weekend and have all the systems to make. So on that note i`m away inside to eat my supper go to bed. Coming down to Shelsley, so will get a chance to see everyone again and maybe a drink or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 .......
Old 9 Aug 2006, 10:08 (Ref:1678266)   #4
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Ooops, I took things a bit off topic in the Young/Curborough thread. So here's the bit's that need their own thread.
Old 9 Aug 2006, 12:50 (Ref:1678382)   #5
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
All i can say is 'Come back soon, jr, we miss you'. Another committed driver to add to the battle at the top would be brilliant from a competition point of view, and another top bloke on the social side would be great too.

And then there's the car, mmm. What a lovely noise.
Old 9 Aug 2006, 15:35 (Ref:1678493)   #6
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Steve Wilkinson is a back marker
Rapturous

Quiet looking forward to the arrival of the baby Predator - the Raptor.

It will be interesting to see how it measures up to the Force, OMS and Jedi hordes.

Old 9 Aug 2006, 18:13 (Ref:1678591)   #7
webbo
Racer

England
Down South
webbo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jnr, please come back soon......i need a fix of that V10 on full throttle !
Old 9 Aug 2006, 22:05 (Ref:1678784)   #8
blackx
Veteran

England
blackx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by webbo
Jnr, please come back soon......i need a fix of that V10 on full throttle !

I keep going back to a certain video that was posted a while back....
5 glorious minutes of V10 Predator.......
Old 9 Aug 2006, 22:26 (Ref:1678805)   #9
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yep, between the two of us, we've probably used up all of Richard's bandwidth!
Old 10 Aug 2006, 08:23 (Ref:1679023)   #10
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

OK, fess up, which one of you has got V10 engine noise as your ring tone then?
Old 10 Aug 2006, 09:07 (Ref:1679058)   #11
webbo
Racer

England
Down South
webbo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1ackcr0w
OK, fess up, which one of you has got V10 engine noise as your ring tone then?

No i have not !

but if he comes back soon....................
Old 10 Aug 2006, 11:59 (Ref:1679168)   #12
quickbadgers
Rookie

United Kingdom
quickbadgers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm afraid to say I have it screaming past oak tree at Doune as a message tone.
Old 10 Aug 2006, 13:08 (Ref:1679220)   #13
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickbadgers
I'm afraid to say I have it screaming past oak tree at Doune as a message tone.
Fear not QB, I suspect there are lot of envious people who would like a screaming V10 in their pocket!

Note to self - get better cellphone that allows you to record your own ring tones etc. I particularly want Hamish Lindsay's Jedi as my ring tone as I find it most irritating especially when he is sat behind you revving its nuts off!

Old 10 Aug 2006, 16:43 (Ref:1679302)   #14
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Wilkinson
I particularly want Hamish Lindsay's Jedi as my ring tone as I find it most irritating especially when he is sat behind you revving its nuts off!

Just download the Crazy Frog. It's the same thing

Speaking of Hamish, have you noticed how much this... looks like him after half a dozen Stellas?
Old 11 Aug 2006, 08:17 (Ref:1679758)   #15
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Quote:
Speaking of Hamish, have you noticed how much this... looks like him after half a dozen Stellas?
Spooky!
Old 30 Oct 2006, 17:14 (Ref:1753710)   #16
wight jr
Rookie

Scotland
up north
Bad news for V10 followers, we have now decided to not use it again. This decision was not a easy one but after spending 1 year pricking around in the pits just trying to make it work, then this year trying to get parts we had to decide on what to do next year. So we are going to sell the V10 as soon as we have it back. Its a big shame, the Predator was designed around this engine but we have to move on. What we are going to use is our old V6 from our Gould, this was a very good engine for us and although its a bit short on power its an engine that will let us get out racing and having fun again. With the wieght of the Predator with this engine it might be quite good and once we get some miles out of it it should get me into some decent top ten places.
Old 30 Oct 2006, 17:32 (Ref:1753720)   #17
mcb666
Racer

mcb666 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like we need a wake......

As we peer into the bottom of the glass trying to drown ourselves.

Sorry to hear that mate. Best of luck with the V6.

Here's the link to the clip of the V10 for those who haven't seen it.

Click here to see Video

McB
Old 30 Oct 2006, 17:44 (Ref:1753730)   #18
wight jr
Rookie

Scotland
up north
I think as a lot of you know we were lead down the wrong path (or up the wrong hill) with this engine, how do you think i feel, i have not heard it from the out side myself, if it was not for Richard and Georgia i would never have heard it at all. So thanx very much!!!!!!!!
Old 30 Oct 2006, 18:25 (Ref:1753762)   #19
Flymo
Rookie

England
Down south by the sea
Flymo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What the car will lack in power, Graeme will make up for in talent.
Jnr should do quite well also!!!!!
Old 30 Oct 2006, 20:34 (Ref:1753834)   #20
Judd
Rookie

Judd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Noooo. So sorry to hear that - can't have been an easy decision to take. We were all sat round with hangovers yesterday, watching some of Richard's '05 DVDs, listening to the awesome sound and hoping it would appear again in '07. It'll be good to have the Wights back though!!

Oliver
Old 30 Oct 2006, 20:49 (Ref:1753840)   #21
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

Hey Graeme,

What a nightmare. For what it's worth, I think as mistakes go, trying a V10 is a bit like sleeping with a model when you shouldn't have done. It might have been a mistake, but boy, how many of us wished we'd have made it

I think a lot of us have also felt that it's been magic watching Grover and Scottie finally stick in the performances they're capable of. But equally '05 and '06 were missing one vital ingrediant...... a wee Scotch nut job to frighten the proverbial out of us.

I think I might have solved my transport problem today, so I might be back next year. I'm starting to get all enthusiastic about '07 now. Bring it on
Old 30 Oct 2006, 22:17 (Ref:1753912)   #22
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Good news and bad news there, but would I trade the (occasional) sound of a V10, for the regular sight of GWj? Every time. Glad you'll be back out, which makes for another potential round winner, and another combination of car and engine. I'm drooling at the thought already.

Quote:
I think I might have solved my transport problem today...
Have you bought the V10 then?
Old 31 Oct 2006, 07:32 (Ref:1754117)   #23
rescue dude
Veteran

England
rescue dude is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley
Have you bought the V10 then?

Sad news for the aurally fixated.

It will be good to have you back Wee Man.
Old 31 Oct 2006, 08:37 (Ref:1754156)   #24
DaveK
Racer

England
Whitchurch
DaveK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wight jr
What we are going to use is our old V6 from our Gould, this was a very good engine for us and although its a bit short on power its an engine that will let us get out racing and having fun again.
Good job i let you have your Ecu back then Graeme

Thanks again for the extended loan of it.

Dave
Old 31 Oct 2006, 14:13 (Ref:1754458)   #25
Pistonbroke
Racer

Wales
Shropshire
Pistonbroke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry to hear about the V10, Graeme, but it'll be great to have you back on the hills (and the same goes for B1ackcrOw on the bank). Here's to an exciting 2007.