Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Mar 2011, 12:44 (Ref:2839034)   #1
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
F1 Betting

Hi guys,

Can't seem to find any site that allows me to bet specifically on the season opener. It's all title winners etc.

Thanks in advance.

Selby
Old 2 Mar 2011, 13:04 (Ref:2839042)   #2
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
you didn't mention sites you'd looked at already, but what about betfair?
Old 2 Mar 2011, 14:54 (Ref:2839084)   #3
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Oh sorry. The main ones I tried were Will Hill and Paddy Power. Will give betfair a shot.

Cheers Bella!

Selby
Old 2 Mar 2011, 15:25 (Ref:2839092)   #4
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
they're really good once you get a hang of the system for the sheer number of options - i believe the option to bet *against* a driver is particularly popular amongst the paddock, for example
Old 2 Mar 2011, 15:58 (Ref:2839106)   #5
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
All I could find was Drivers Championship

Selby
Old 2 Mar 2011, 21:08 (Ref:2839276)   #6
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
In my experience Dan, they don't tend to open up the other markets until the race weekend itself. I've bored everyone with this before, but I stuck a fiver on Lewis to win at Monaco '08, right after he'd hit the wall. Got 16/1! Go me!
Old 2 Mar 2011, 22:36 (Ref:2839333)   #7
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You wont get odds for indavidual races up until the week of the event at the earliest, normally Wedensday. If you prefer going into a bookies as opposed to online betting try and find a independent bookies as they will generally try and match the other high street firms therefore saving the need to shop around the high street. Unfortunately sites like bet365.com and paddy power etc do tend to have slightly better odds than the high street shops but not always.

Check out oddschecker.com - for me that is the best site to use in terms of its ease of navigation and all the information is laid out in front of you.
Old 2 Mar 2011, 23:32 (Ref:2839370)   #8
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
they're really good once you get a hang of the system for the sheer number of options - i believe the option to bet *against* a driver is particularly popular amongst the paddock, for example
You know you are in trouble when your pit crew start betting against you!

Or the stewards!
Old 3 Mar 2011, 09:24 (Ref:2839506)   #9
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Thanks alot guys, and girls!

I'll perhaps try and pop in to a bookies soon then... I'll maybe make a note of some, erm, noteable odds

I'm thinking a Toro Rosso winning the season opener....... Gotta be good odds, right?

I don't think i'll ever recreate my 2009 opener bet

Selby
Old 3 Mar 2011, 10:04 (Ref:2839533)   #10
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
i bet on lewis hamilton being on the podium in his first ever f1 race before everyone cottoned onto the fact he was actually really good. the odds were something like 3-1 so it wasn't great but it was definitely worth a serious flutter. mind you that was in the days when he used to bring it home instead of shunt all the time
Old 3 Mar 2011, 10:15 (Ref:2839538)   #11
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Many moons ago, that

I had 65/1 on Button to win the first race of 09 Was laughing all the way to the bank that day I tell you!

Shame my £10 on Vettel to win the 2010 championship bet didn't properly register... Would have won £235 Wasn't laughing that day...

Selby
Old 6 Mar 2011, 19:40 (Ref:2841124)   #12
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bet 365 is good for motorsport. They generally have markets for indycars, touring cars, rally etc as well as F1.

Australian GP market will open around a week before the race.

I'l be looking at odds for a podium for one of the midfield teams. Possibly Kobayashi ?

Last edited by JamesRamone; 6 Mar 2011 at 19:41. Reason: Missed a word

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 7 Mar 2011, 12:57 (Ref:2841467)   #13
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

How can one bet on something where the teams are allowed to fix the result?

Regards

Jim
Old 7 Mar 2011, 13:07 (Ref:2841471)   #14
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimW View Post
How can one bet on something where the teams are allowed to fix the result?

Regards

Jim
Team orders are just one of the many variables to factor in when placing a bet.
Old 7 Mar 2011, 13:12 (Ref:2841473)   #15
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
Team orders are just one of the many variables to factor in when placing a bet.
I have a feeling that team orders won't be that much of a variable, so only bet on Massa if you can get really good odds.
Old 7 Mar 2011, 13:15 (Ref:2841475)   #16
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
I have a feeling that team orders won't be that much of a variable, so only bet on Massa if you can get really good odds.
That's what I meant.

If betting for Massa, you have to bear in mind that he'll probably not be allowed to win, unless Alonso is well down the order or retired.
Old 7 Mar 2011, 21:44 (Ref:2841793)   #17
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If your betting to make money the only real way I see at the moment is to bet on a podium finish for 1 of the top drivers or even a top 6 finish. Sure the odds wont be very good but they will be that way for a reason. There is no clear favourite anymore at the moment in terms of race wins, the days of Schumacher dominating everything are long gone. The last time I made serious money, as in the upper hundreds, was back in 2009 when Button and Barrichello dominated the start of the season, the bookies were very late to catch onto the fact that the pace of the Brawns was legitimate and not down to running a under weight car for PR etc.

If however you just fancy a cheeky punt and arent doing it to try and make money then yes by all means just bet on the race winner, the odds will certainly be better but the risk is a lot higher too.