Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Nov 2013, 19:57 (Ref:3337103)   #51
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
He's a kind of Heidfeld figure. If you gave him a steady car, chance to develop it, chance for him to familiarise himself with it, he'd deliver the few points for you. He's a satisfactory driver. You drop him into a new car out of the blue, he'll fumble - particularily over the small stuff that's different to every car but if you foul the small stuff up you look like a right fool.

He's the kind of driver that will be recalled now and gain because he's experienced and they just don't test anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
point 2... petrov, heidfeld, kovi, yep they're all midfield drivers at the very best. There are at least 12 drivers in the 2013 field that I would undoubtedly rank ahead of all 3, and probably 4 more that are just unproven as of yet.
That's completely insulting to Nick Heidfeld. Disgusting. Nick Heidfeld beat Alesi, Kimi, Massa, Webber and Kubica in the same car, to put him in the same category as Kova and Petrov is not only disrespectful but completely wrong as well.
Old 26 Nov 2013, 21:10 (Ref:3337127)   #52
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
wow forgot that Alesi and Heidfeld drove on the same team.
Old 26 Nov 2013, 21:27 (Ref:3337136)   #53
Marcus666
Racer

Sweden
Marcus666 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Can't agree more. How can you guys mock Heidfeld. He was BETTER than Kubica over all, but today, every one who WINS gets the star mark and the rest are rookies/climbing up the ladder to stardom. Heidfeld was IMO a legend! Look up Silverstone 2008 for example!
Old 26 Nov 2013, 21:29 (Ref:3337138)   #54
Marcus666
Racer

Sweden
Marcus666 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
About Heikki. Sad how it didn't turn out the way it should. He still remains as a good driver to me. But at the same time, there are alot good drivers out there!

I guess he could either go to DTM/Indycar/WEC or qualify for the PGA (LOL).
Old 27 Nov 2013, 13:13 (Ref:3337361)   #55
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
That's completely insulting to Nick Heidfeld. Disgusting. Nick Heidfeld beat Alesi, Kimi, Massa, Webber and Kubica in the same car, to put him in the same category as Kova and Petrov is not only disrespectful but completely wrong as well.
It's not insulting to anyone; it's true. Not that I give one whit about insulting anyone, the truth comes first, always. The comparison is accurate as it pertains to Heidfeld at the end of his career and as it pertains to Kovalainen at what seems to be the end of his.
Old 27 Nov 2013, 18:20 (Ref:3337466)   #56
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I would have said that Heidfeld was considerably stronger through most of his career than Kovalainen.
Old 28 Nov 2013, 01:28 (Ref:3337602)   #57
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had high hopes for him when he beat Schumacher at the Driver of Champions or whatever that event was years ago.
Old 28 Nov 2013, 05:37 (Ref:3337635)   #58
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
It's not insulting to anyone; it's true. Not that I give one whit about insulting anyone, the truth comes first, always. The comparison is accurate as it pertains to Heidfeld at the end of his career and as it pertains to Kovalainen at what seems to be the end of his.
Then you need to make it clear you are specifically talking about Heidfeld at the end of his career. Nick did indeed fall off when he quickly got old near the end. But neither of you mentioned that, I misunderstood and thought you were comparing Nick to Kova and Petrov full stop, which is ridiculous.
Old 28 Nov 2013, 10:53 (Ref:3337709)   #59
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
Then you need to make it clear you are specifically talking about Heidfeld at the end of his career. Nick did indeed fall off when he quickly got old near the end. But neither of you mentioned that, I misunderstood and thought you were comparing Nick to Kova and Petrov full stop, which is ridiculous.
I trust in the members common-sense, a naive hope I suppose. Nor do I hold the disparaging views you seem to hold of Heikki or Petrov.