Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 23 Mar 2010, 21:08 (Ref:2658865)   #26
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well groveled that man!! Front brakes give a lot of freedom,regarding Pad Material and NOTHING else-----Standard Disc's/Calipers.However,with something like Hawk Pads,Collated Rear shoes the set up will easily do Spa 6hr with no problems. Just be sure that Everything is in top condition,if it look's 'Iffy',change it!
Pete Burgess IS the man to speak to regarding the Head,expect to pay in the region of 800 of Alisair Darlings Finest.
Rather a lot will be found by using a good Camshaft,I would speak to Piper Cams in Kent
Gear Box Should be the Three Sync Close Ratio.
A limited slip Diff will help matters no end.
Overall weight Target should be aimed at 848 Kilos.Difficult-but achievable.
You are welcome to mail me over anythig else. West coast road? Most enjoyable,especialy after finishing Le Jog and driving the B back home,little bit of snow made things even better.
Old 25 Mar 2010, 15:47 (Ref:2659897)   #27
Derwent Motorsp
Veteran

Scotland
Cumbria
Derwent Motorsp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Equipe GTS series has some excellent races and plenty of Bs take part. The regs are basically FIA but allow 1950 engines which saves money. At least two races abroad and most are 30 minutes double headers. They are also very strict on driving standards as well. Entry fees are cheaper than most. They go the MG Live! which is a great weekend at Silverstone and this year uses the GP track.
Old 25 Mar 2010, 16:19 (Ref:2659911)   #28
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwent Motorsp View Post
The Equipe GTS series has some excellent races and plenty of Bs take part. The regs are basically FIA but allow 1950 engines which saves money. .

Only if that is what you are already using,not if you are about to build one,that being the case a 1950 will cost more.The bores need to be offset etc etc.Far better to build an engine that conforms to the FIA,much more choice of races as opposed to just the one series.
Old 26 Mar 2010, 22:07 (Ref:2660702)   #29
pieterbakker
Racer

European Union
Zandvoort (NL)
pieterbakker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Thnx Midgetman for the introduction.

Although I already sent our 2010 reg's for approval to the Dutch MSA in November 2009, I've sent a second set for approval only this week. In between I have deleted some 14 pages and brought the technical regulations back to just one A4 page.

Invited are historic and classic cars under two litres using the original contour, engine and induction system. Although bigger and/or later period cars, that fit the ambiance and speed of the grid, are just as welcome.

Tyres and rims are free, although Dunlop Historics, Avons and ordinary 70 section street tyres on steel rims are the standard. Cars on quicker tyres i.e. Toyo, Yokohama a.o. are invited to race in quicker classes. Cars on whire wheels could easily be invited to race in slower i.e. more competitive classes.

This will perfectly respect 1) your purse and 2) the different attitudes towards historic motor racing.

BTW we fully recognize that motor racing is a non contact sport. We run a system where people's racing attitude is monitored from the first day they race with us. I also was the one that introduced the red and yellow soccer cards to motor racing.

Enjoy ...

Pieter BAKKER
http://www.facebook.com/pieter1bakker

Old 28 Mar 2010, 18:54 (Ref:2662035)   #30
alymcleod
Rookie

Scotland
Beaconsfield
alymcleod should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieterbakker View Post

Thnx Midgetman for the introduction.

Although I already sent our 2010 reg's for approval to the Dutch MSA in November 2009, I've sent a second set for approval only this week. In between I have deleted some 14 pages and brought the technical regulations back to just one A4 page.

Invited are historic and classic cars under two litres using the original contour, engine and induction system. Although bigger and/or later period cars, that fit the ambiance and speed of the grid, are just as welcome.

Tyres and rims are free, although Dunlop Historics, Avons and ordinary 70 section street tyres on steel rims are the standard. Cars on quicker tyres i.e. Toyo, Yokohama a.o. are invited to race in quicker classes. Cars on whire wheels could easily be invited to race in slower i.e. more competitive classes.

This will perfectly respect 1) your purse and 2) the different attitudes towards historic motor racing.

BTW we fully recognize that motor racing is a non contact sport. We run a system where people's racing attitude is monitored from the first day they race with us. I also was the one that introduced the red and yellow soccer cards to motor racing.

Enjoy ...

Pieter BAKKER
http://www.facebook.com/pieter1bakker

Thanks for that Pieter - sounds like a terrific series.Sometimes I hate living on an island.......... :-(
Old 28 Mar 2010, 19:07 (Ref:2662051)   #31
alymcleod
Rookie

Scotland
Beaconsfield
alymcleod should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
VI Rally Clásico Mallorca

Hi gents,

It was the classic rally this weekend here in Mallorca. Some great cars but no Mini's and no MG's ????? Changed my mind now. I wanna E-type !!!! No just kidding :-)
Pics to follow..........
...............or should I start a new post perhaps????
Old 28 Mar 2010, 22:23 (Ref:2662237)   #32
pieterbakker
Racer

European Union
Zandvoort (NL)
pieterbakker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by alymcleod View Post
Thanks for that Pieter - sounds like a terrific series.
My pleasure, the ambiance is great, see what you can do.

Looking forward,

Old 29 Mar 2010, 07:44 (Ref:2662433)   #33
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
New post would be better - I for one would love to see them