Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 Nov 2013, 16:04 (Ref:3336041)   #26
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A clean start and Nico gets the jump on Vettel.
Old 24 Nov 2013, 16:08 (Ref:3336044)   #27
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lewis down to 5th, overtaken initially by Alonso and then superbly by Webber.
Old 24 Nov 2013, 17:06 (Ref:3336051)   #28
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Serious tyre problems for Bottas and Hamilton.

Having seen the replay there was a coming together between the two.
Old 24 Nov 2013, 17:15 (Ref:3336052)   #29
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good battle for 2nd. Wish Vettle would have a little issue to back him up a few more seconds.
Old 24 Nov 2013, 17:28 (Ref:3336055)   #30
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
Good battle for 2nd. Wish Vettle would have a little issue to back him up a few more seconds.
It would make things interesting.
Old 24 Nov 2013, 17:28 (Ref:3336056)   #31
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
LIke watching paint dry as usual

WHy do we tune in expecting anything different? We all know whats going to happen.

Optimism is perhaps the only thing keeping anybody watching F1 at the moment as watching this bloke is actually painful.
Old 24 Nov 2013, 17:31 (Ref:3336057)   #32
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Bring on next season, hopefully the new car/engine regs will level the playing field.
Old 24 Nov 2013, 17:39 (Ref:3336061)   #33
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Congrats to Vettel, equaling Ascari's record. I think the podium pretty much reflects the season as a whole, Webber 2nd fiddle to Vettel and Alonso/Ferrari in the wake of RBR.
Old 24 Nov 2013, 17:44 (Ref:3336063)   #34
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Same story different day. Ho hum. nice donuts at least.

Still like watching the cars though. They are awesome.

Vettle really seems to be from a different planet.
Old 24 Nov 2013, 17:47 (Ref:3336065)   #35
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Optimism is perhaps the only thing keeping anybody watching F1 at the moment as watching this bloke is actually painful.
Think of it like greyhound racing, you know there's an electric hare at the front but you ignore that and watch the dogs slugging it out.
Old 24 Nov 2013, 18:44 (Ref:3336103)   #36
m355y
Racer

m355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
First half of this season was good at least, second half has been a total writeoff, tedious races, constant Vettel wins, utterly predictable, no shocks, virtually no drama or particular talking points. Rubbish. Glad it's over. Bring on next year.
Old 24 Nov 2013, 20:47 (Ref:3336161)   #37
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Thank god thats over.
Old 24 Nov 2013, 21:38 (Ref:3336180)   #38
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There is a palpable sense of relief, for sure.........
Old 24 Nov 2013, 22:38 (Ref:3336222)   #39
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh, yeah... it will be a long long off-season. Hopefully the remaining vacant seats will keeps us entertained.
Old 24 Nov 2013, 22:48 (Ref:3336232)   #40
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
LIke watching paint dry as usual

WHy do we tune in expecting anything different? We all know whats going to happen.

No, it is the others that are painful because they can't get their act together and give him some competition.
Old 24 Nov 2013, 22:56 (Ref:3336238)   #41
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by m355y View Post
First half of this season was good at least, second half has been a total writeoff, tedious races, constant Vettel wins, utterly predictable, no shocks, virtually no drama or particular talking points. Rubbish. Glad it's over. Bring on next year.
Wow, that to me sums up the problems with F1 in a nutshell. That sounds more like a movie critique than problems with a 'sport.' The words shocks and drama just don't sound like descriptions of an F1 race to me, but then I haven't EVER thought about the purity of the sport or made claims about how great something USED to be.
Old 25 Nov 2013, 01:37 (Ref:3336309)   #42
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Dear me, if anyone really thinks there is anything such as fair competition then they are clearly not watching the same sport.
tyre rules changed to allow them to win, tells the whole story.

Don't know why the power has changed in F1, but it has, and it has changed to Austria from Italy.

Most people don't like watching the same bloke win, and if anyone does I can't really understand why they are watching F1 in the first place, and never will.

I somehow doubt every team in the last few years has not got their act together, if the diabetes freight train want it so much they are willing to do anything to get it, fair enough, but it's almost like the USA team winning the Olympic basketball gold. Utterly expected and the only people that are interested are Red Bull fans and the team, no one else really gives the slightest damn I'm afraid. I don't see thousands of Red Bull wearing fans everywhere!
Old 25 Nov 2013, 12:23 (Ref:3336467)   #43
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Oh, yeah... it will be a long long off-season. Hopefully the remaining vacant seats will keeps us entertained.
We have 112 days until lights out at Melbourne, meanwhile we have the silly season to look forward to and the unveiling of the new cars; can't wait, it's going to be like Christmas.
Old 25 Nov 2013, 12:39 (Ref:3336474)   #44
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
I actually enjoyed that race. Yes, my heart sank when Vettel so easily took the lead at the end of the first lap, which only means one thing. However there was plenty of action further down the field, and there is just something about that track that I love.
Old 25 Nov 2013, 17:13 (Ref:3336587)   #45
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

Most people don't like watching the same bloke win, and if anyone does I can't really understand why they are watching F1 in the first place, and never will.
Not watching the same bloke win?!

I watched it when Schumacher won everything and I didn't stop watching it because of that.

I watched it when Williams and McLaren won everything and on a good day both team mates gave the 'fans' something to get all excited about. But these were never race long battles, you had to sit through some of the 'boring' bits before you got to the 'rose-tinted' parts and then it would return to being 'boring' again.

Happy days.
Old 26 Nov 2013, 10:22 (Ref:3336887)   #46
Jordan 199
Rookie

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Jordan 199 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This was the first time I missed a race since 2002, and didn't actually mind. I ended up missing about 4, and fell asleep to another one, but it didn't matter because there were still 379 races left of the season.

To be fair, there is a lot to find in a season of one team domination, but it gets a bit hopeless when it's the same winner all the time. It's up to the other teams to bring their A game, and hopefully next season with the car and driver changes will be enough to mix it up more.
Old 27 Nov 2013, 11:46 (Ref:3337330)   #47
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I think the overall depth of talent is still as high as ever, just that Red Bull threw all their toys onto the track this year rather than holding anything back.... and the advantage was there for all to see. The others must be in shock at the difference a year makes.

Also fair to say Ferrari and McLaren made it a bit easier by bringing below par cars to the party and the Brackley Merc lot were so inconsistent it literally did their drivers heads in!

That tyre switch mid season ruined things a bit though. Ok, so the safety angle must not be ignored but it has been mildly competitive until then, and then after RBR rammed home their advantage.