Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Oct 2002, 12:56 (Ref:403788)   #1
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Ferrari boss theatens Ferrari may quit

Montezemolo, as reported in Gazzetta dello Sport, when asked about Max and Bernie's silly 9 point plan: "If this happens, Ferrari may look for stimuli in other racing series... but in the end, I believe common sense will prevail."

I see a war of wills coming when they sit down to discuss the 9 point plan.
Old 14 Oct 2002, 13:02 (Ref:403795)   #2
ASCII Man
Veteran

Belgium
Leuven
ASCII Man has a real shot at the podium!ASCII Man has a real shot at the podium!ASCII Man has a real shot at the podium!ASCII Man has a real shot at the podium!ASCII Man has a real shot at the podium!
Oh well, i won't miss Ferrari... even if they are the most prestigious, glamorous and blabla team in F1...
Old 14 Oct 2002, 13:08 (Ref:403801)   #3
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No !

It only shows that "common sense" will prevail !
Old 14 Oct 2002, 13:15 (Ref:403809)   #4
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bon's got it right. But if "common sense prevails" at Ferrari, perhaps they'll realise that their actions are what has led to this idiocy, and will agree to stop behaving like the big bully at the school picnic who hogs all the cake because he can....
Old 14 Oct 2002, 13:37 (Ref:403837)   #5
Red
Veteran

Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Their actions, like in winning 15 races out of 17 and 9 of them being 1-2? And they didn't actually lapped the 3rd placed car only because they didn't really wanted? Yes Liz, "they can", actually that's the idea.
Old 14 Oct 2002, 13:48 (Ref:403849)   #6
av8rirl
Veteran

Ireland
Ireland
av8rirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Red: I think you're mixed up on Liz's point. Most of us wouldn't have a problem with Ferrari being so dominant if Ferrari let their drivers race each other. This point has already been debated to the point where every new thread started eventually turns out to be the same thing: A thread against Ferrari.

They can still win the championship without any problems, but if they let the drivers race against each other, they might get more supporters. Remember Senna and Prost at McLaren. They won 15 out of 16 (I think) races in the season (1988) and there wasn't much controvery because they were allowed to race.
Old 14 Oct 2002, 13:54 (Ref:403856)   #7
Red
Veteran

Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, I suspected that too, however I believe that if Rubens and Michael really raced each other (quite useless if you ask me but that's another story)both of them really would have lapped the 3rd placed car, the 4th car being lapped at least twice per race. How would that improve the competition?

Utterly off topic: Senna and Prost won 15 races. But the animosity/rivalry changed to hate. I believe that they hated each other to the point where they risked both lifes on track, more than once. BEsides, they were 2 strong characters and certainly of equal value.
Old 14 Oct 2002, 14:07 (Ref:403862)   #8
ASCII Man
Veteran

Belgium
Leuven
ASCII Man has a real shot at the podium!ASCII Man has a real shot at the podium!ASCII Man has a real shot at the podium!ASCII Man has a real shot at the podium!ASCII Man has a real shot at the podium!
No, They were still on speaking terms in the beginning of the '89 season, the hate you're talking about wasn't untill the midseason, i think after Imola (or a couple of races later, i'll have 2 see the review again)
I read on another thread for the first time that Senna was actually scared of Prost...

What was this topic about again? :confused:
Old 14 Oct 2002, 14:47 (Ref:403891)   #9
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good riddance, bring back proper Ferrari !!
Old 14 Oct 2002, 14:54 (Ref:403895)   #10
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari leaving ???

Hehehehe, and pigs can fly !!!
Old 14 Oct 2002, 14:55 (Ref:403899)   #11
ASCII Man
Veteran

Belgium
Leuven
Pigs can fly in Panama???

I've got to see this!
Old 14 Oct 2002, 15:02 (Ref:403902)   #12
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Sorry "ASCII man", but, you can see Ferrari leaving F1, first..., and then I'll show you those jumbo-wing pigs !
Old 14 Oct 2002, 15:04 (Ref:403906)   #13
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
You'll be welcome any time, anyway...
Old 14 Oct 2002, 15:08 (Ref:403909)   #14
ASCII Man
Veteran

Belgium
Leuven
LOL
Old 14 Oct 2002, 15:13 (Ref:403914)   #15
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by av8rirl
Red: I think you're mixed up on Liz's point. Most of us wouldn't have a problem with Ferrari being so dominant if Ferrari let their drivers race each other.
Red ...sooner or later your gonna have to except that alot of us feel like this.

Its not about Ferrari being so dominant at all. Its the other stuff they do .

Last edited by Sato san; 14 Oct 2002 at 15:14.