Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Track Day Forum

Old 10 Nov 2004, 15:27 (Ref:1149574)   #1
kruse
Rookie

kruse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Track day timing

I'm looking for a cheap stopwach with remote control, like the Porsche Sport Chrono Pack installed in the new 997. What I like to have is a simple electronic stop watch with minimum 20 split times. Watch must have a remote start/stop and split button, Remote control will be mounted on the steering wheel or at the gear lever. Watch will be mounted visible to me on the dashboard. This will allow me to use it as a cheap laptimer. Do anyone know who is making a stopwatch with remote control ? Alternative I have to take a normal Stopwatch and take it to pieces, add wires and a remote pushbutton.

Lars
Old 10 Nov 2004, 23:50 (Ref:1149937)   #2
Simon Mason
Rookie

Ireland
Northampton
Simon Mason should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Using any form of timing on any Uk run track day is forbidden. Track days are insured on, and can therefore only happen on "a non competitive" basis therefore timing in any form, and that includes using the hight of the sun is strictly forbidden.

If you want to do any timing go racing or sprinting, in which case there are loads of timing options to suit your needs.
Old 11 Nov 2004, 09:26 (Ref:1150170)   #3
kruse
Rookie

kruse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm fully aware that timing is not alowed in UK, but I operate in Denmark, we have same rules for driving education where the normal car assurance will cover damages on the car. Often I run a mix of driving education and practice for people with race licence and here timing is allowed. Several of the race guys have laptimers, but for the rest I was looking for a cheap timing watch that you can use without assistance from other people.