Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 30 Jul 2005, 14:05 (Ref:1367311)   #26
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
the british isles/ireland/ze vorrrld
flexible-flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
kirby was awful again
carroll was awful again
jani surprised me by hanging on for the win

im off to kill myself.
Old 30 Jul 2005, 14:06 (Ref:1367313)   #27
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Sorry. K-b's right. Pla 8th and on pole tomorrow... Oh joy!
Old 30 Jul 2005, 14:07 (Ref:1367316)   #28
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
pla and carroll showed the rest how it was done on the restart by working their way to 7th and 8th but i dont think carroll finished 8th despite this from eurosport-

1 N. Jani (SUI) Racing Eng. 1:11:11.253
2 H. Kovalainen (FIN) Arden 0.4
3 G. Pantano (ITA) Super Nova 2.0
4 A. Premat (FRA) ART 4.0
5 N. Rosberg (GER) ART 5.5
6 E. Viso (VEN) BCN 5.5
7 O. Pla (FRA) DPR 9.0
8 A. Carroll (GBR) Super Nova 16.0
9 A. Negrao (BRA) HiTech 17.5
10 G. Bruni (ITA) Coloni 23.5
Old 30 Jul 2005, 14:08 (Ref:1367318)   #29
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
flexible-flyer : always supporting adam when he's having a thinking with trousers moment

so that's another pla win then... good to see another winner in jani though.
Old 30 Jul 2005, 14:10 (Ref:1367322)   #30
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella
flexible-flyer : always supporting adam when he's having a thinking with trousers moment

adam will have to get his act together if im to carry on supporting him. he was visibly slow coaching his way through that race. he only seemed switched on when there was cars left right and centre and he was racing. once things calm down he just goes backwords...this isnt the adam carroll i used to know. this is a slow coach.
Old 30 Jul 2005, 14:13 (Ref:1367328)   #31
topgirl
Rookie

topgirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know if the race is shown live on eurosport tomorrow? Ive flicked through Sky tv guide and it shows it on later. Is it on live anywhere?
Old 30 Jul 2005, 14:15 (Ref:1367333)   #32
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It should be on Eurosport around 9am UK time.

I think.
Old 30 Jul 2005, 14:22 (Ref:1367348)   #33
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella

"Another Pla win"???
Is Carroll who will start at pole tomorrow!!!
Old 30 Jul 2005, 14:25 (Ref:1367356)   #34
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
if carroll did finish 8th (which if he did would mean kirby was probably still thinking there was a race going on after the flag) then carroll is on pole however pla's car is ten times faster than adam's this weekend and im 100% sure carroll will go backwords in the race just like he was doing today.
Old 30 Jul 2005, 14:27 (Ref:1367362)   #35
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
pla going on recent form has the better chance regardless of who's on pole...
Old 30 Jul 2005, 14:31 (Ref:1367367)   #36
topgirl
Rookie

topgirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On the GP2 website it has negrao finishing 8th
Old 30 Jul 2005, 14:32 (Ref:1367369)   #37
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
About the race: very sad to see first Álvarez, and rather López, go on points and forced to abandon. I regret deeply that.
Congrats for Jani's first GP2 win, but not for his team. Racing Engineering didn't the most honest way to make a budget, I think, when they won a pulse for a main sponsor with a rival GP2 team, mostly when that rival team needed more that main sponsor than RE. Despite I recognize the interest of His Highness the count of Orléans-Borbón about Ricardo Risatti IV and I thank you for his support (Risatti has won in Spanish F3 this year).
Old 30 Jul 2005, 14:32 (Ref:1367370)   #38
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
doesnt surprise me as a snail could overtake carroll in that race he was patheticly slow.
Old 30 Jul 2005, 14:36 (Ref:1367379)   #39
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
Mr Jinxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Adam struggling and Pantono at the front again. Almost as though they've swapped chassis.
Sit in a chair, lift your right leg off the ground, point your toes forward and draw CLOCKWISE circles in the air with your foot. Then raise your right hand and draw the number 6 in the air with your index finger. Your foot will change direction. If you can't even do this simple coordination task, how could you drive a racing car?
Old 30 Jul 2005, 15:10 (Ref:1367443)   #40
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I caught the last 20 laps of the race on Eurosport and there was quite a lot of action and over taking, its 1st time I have caught any of the GP2. I'll be tuning in again for sure.
Old 30 Jul 2005, 15:31 (Ref:1367484)   #41
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
It was an amazingly good race, particularly at that circuit. The results seem to be:

1. Jani - Racing Engineering 1h 11:11.253
2. Kovalainen - Arden International + 0.430
3. Pantano - Super Nova International + 1.739
4. Premat - ART Grand Prix + 7.302
5. Rosberg - ART Grand Prix + 10.471
6. Viso - BCN Competicion + 10.579
7. Pla - DPR + 11.278
8. Negrao - Hitech Piquet Sports + 21.110
9. Carroll - Super Nova International + 23.036
10. Bruni - Coloni Motorsport + 33.223
11. Garcia - Racing Engineering + 39.431
12. Lapierre - Arden International + 1 Lap
13. Yoshimoto - BCN Competicion + 1 Lap
14. Artam - iSport International + 2 Laps
15. Piquet Jr. - Hitech Piquet Sports + 5 Laps

However, I can't see Negrao converting the pole he gets for tomorrow into a win, so really it's open to several drivers. Maybe Pla, maybe Viso, maybe one of the more usual front-runners. All good stuff ART didn't suffer too much from losing their naughty bits...
Old 30 Jul 2005, 15:38 (Ref:1367502)   #42
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Those results are correct - I just made a typo and had Pla and Negrao the wrong way round.
Old 30 Jul 2005, 15:43 (Ref:1367509)   #43
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Understandable. Carlton Kirby was all over the place as usual and the coverage ended before there was time for a proper results display on the screen.
Old 30 Jul 2005, 15:47 (Ref:1367514)   #44
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes it was another awful performance from Carlton.
Old 30 Jul 2005, 16:24 (Ref:1367549)   #45
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
crikey.. it's nice to see the gp2 lot don't indulge in that silly touring car thing of slowing down desperately trying to be 10th (or 8th in this case) on the last lap.
Old 30 Jul 2005, 16:29 (Ref:1367559)   #46
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
I think it's called motor racing...
Old 30 Jul 2005, 17:11 (Ref:1367613)   #47
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by flexible-flyer
adam will have to get his act together if im to carry on supporting him. he was visibly slow coaching his way through that race. he only seemed switched on when there was cars left right and centre and he was racing. once things calm down he just goes backwords...this isnt the adam carroll i used to know. this is a slow coach.
Bit fickle aren't we? He had tonnes of bad luck up until today. He wasn't the quickest today but didn't do too badly and when the field bunched up after the safety car, he too full advantage. Don't be so negative.
Old 30 Jul 2005, 17:29 (Ref:1367626)   #48
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
Yes it was another awful performance from Carlton.
Absolutely, while obviously being a "nightmare" for everyone who had an incident, Carlton told us it was also "a little bit unstable out there", various drivers were "on the drift", the cars were "bobbling" off corners and some were getting "destabilized". The terminology he uses (especially with Fauzy's spin) suggests he knows absolutely nothing about even the basic principles of motorsport. He's commentating on water polo at the moment I notice... He also informed us Campos Racing used to compete in the Nippon World Series (WHY, oh why, does anyone confuse Formulae Nippon and Nissan?).

Great race though, in the early stages it looked like we were heading for a typical Hungaroring snooze-fest, then all hell breaks loose! Great performance by Premat and Rosberg, bad luck for Speed. Tomorrow should be interesting, it will be interesting to see if Rosberg and Premat can force their way through.
Old 30 Jul 2005, 18:14 (Ref:1367652)   #49
SRF87
Rookie

SRF87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gp2

Given US television executives brilliantly decided to only airing Sunday's sprint race, idiots, I have no idea what happened to Speed. From what little I read, sounds like he started well then f*&#ed up and pitted in the wrong box. I then see he pulled off around lap 18 but don't know why. Can anybody fill me in?
Old 30 Jul 2005, 18:17 (Ref:1367656)   #50
Kicking-back
Veteran

That's about right SRF87, looked like a gearbox pronlem that caused him to retire