Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 18 Jun 2006, 20:58 (Ref:1636832)   #1
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Panoz

SUPER RESULT for PANOZ!!!!
10 attempt at LeMans from GTR1 Eperante- the LMP01 roadster - and the LMP07- finally in GT2 they take it with their Road going style Esperante
excellent a front engine V8 beats the Porsches! in a customer car no less!!

now i have asked this many times before
what does it take for a car to become a proper GT racing legend and fixture- and prestige car like the Porsche?

Panoz is not as old as Porsche however they have attempted to craft their cars with a racing heritage and have today succeeded in on trial THE trial to show that the LMGT Esperante is up to snuff- so how far is it from being a GT racing legend- or a proper GT like the 911?-or can that not happen (i.e. Ferrari 360 and 430 are not really viewed as the racer to buy in that class but a fast racing version of a sports car according to many peoples volunteered opinions)
is it customer base that is needed? i would love to see this be a battle going on for a long time Front-vs Rear engined GT's...not a pork parade as is usually
Old 18 Jun 2006, 21:26 (Ref:1636853)   #2
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wonderful result for one of the best sounding cars in the field, and some of the nicest drivers. I'm so pleased to see Richard Dean finally acheive a result worthy of his talent.
Old 18 Jun 2006, 21:42 (Ref:1636859)   #3
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Once we see a dozen Panoz GT2's racing across rhe world, week in week out, it will be considered part of the establishment, and not a flash in the pan like Morgan/TVR.

Hopefully Spyker can follow Panoz's lead.
Old 19 Jun 2006, 00:58 (Ref:1636926)   #4
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
so far, Team LNT has done better with their Panoz LMGTs than they ever did in the past with the TVRs. Top 5 in class at Sebring, 3rd at Istanbul, 2nd at Spa, and now a GT2 win at LeMans.

What more can you ask for?
Old 19 Jun 2006, 05:38 (Ref:1636973)   #5
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
You can't ask for anything more.

Considering Panoz' resources now, its no surprise when they took GT2 racing seriously, they have the people in place to get the job done. The aero adjustments after Le Mans last year set the car back some, but working with Multimatic (maker of Dynamic racing shocks) is just what the car needed to re-sort out its balance issues created by the rules changes.

Its great to see a customer car win. I don't think anybody took LNT serious when they were named factory dealers for the European market, considering their struggles with the TVR, even with the win at Spa last year.

The Panoz, like the Ferrari 430 has been quick since the car was let off the transporter... back in Feb.

LNT has been fast everywhere, not a flash in a pan.

Panoz hasn't been up to pace in the last 2 ALMS races, but again I think its because of tracks the Panoz hasn't seen (Houston) or has struggled on in the past (Mid-Ohio), but we're coming up on some tracks the Panoz ha run well on.

It looks like LNT is going to run the balance of the LMES season, British GT and selected FIA GT events as time permits.

I also expect them here for the Petit Le Mans and maybe the final race of the ALMS season.

Again great result and contrags to Kimber-Smith, Dean and Tomi' on the win. It was some what unexpected I'm sure, but deserved just the same.
Old 19 Jun 2006, 12:54 (Ref:1637190)   #6
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Question is, will we see a Porsche 997 in the GT2 class next year, or in 2008...?
Old 19 Jun 2006, 13:20 (Ref:1637203)   #7
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
I have seen (unconfirmed) claims that the Porsche 977 will make its debut in the 24 hours of Spa this year.
Old 19 Jun 2006, 17:09 (Ref:1637315)   #8
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie
I don't think anybody took LNT serious when they were named factory dealers for the European market, considering their struggles with the TVR, even with the win at Spa last year.

Speak for yourself mate - Anyone who has seen LNT's boys at work with the TVRs and the panoz will know they thake their racing very seriously indeed.

this was a fantastic result and a race that very possibly could have gone to any one of the four marques that contested it - Porsche need the 997 soon!