Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 1 Jun 2011, 23:26 (Ref:2889706)   #176
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I tell you one thing Carlton doesnt do, which other commentators seem completely engrossed in, is talk about their bleeding Twatter feeds. Crike am I defending CK here?
Old 2 Jun 2011, 06:55 (Ref:2889775)   #177
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good point actually, and it is stgarting to annoy me! Self publication is not interesting to fans!!
Old 2 Jun 2011, 21:30 (Ref:2890222)   #178
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Everyone is probably afraid to show him how twitter works.
Old 3 Jun 2011, 20:24 (Ref:2890762)   #179
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Erm.......http://twitter.com/#!/carltonkirby
Old 5 Jun 2011, 12:01 (Ref:2891444)   #180
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
He looks like my mates stepdad.

Those three paragraphs next to him though.

"Incisive commentary."
"Audience favourite."
"Great depth of knowledge."
"Sharpest of reactions."

Hysterical!

Im looking but I cant find 'c@ck' listed there though. Some sort of administrative error?
Old 5 Jun 2011, 12:20 (Ref:2891450)   #181
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hehe, now that's funny!

I do recall watching teh Dakar coverage though and not feeling that I wanted to punch him though, maybe that is his bets place, once a year!
Old 28 Jan 2012, 22:49 (Ref:3018339)   #182
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

He's on Eurosport tonight for Daytona. Good team around him mind. Not annoying me as much as normal, cant explain why though.
Old 29 Jan 2012, 01:34 (Ref:3018368)   #183
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Martin Haven is good and well informed and Stuart Hall is a good driver representative.

Prefer them to Radio Le Mans, to be honest. There's something about John Hindhaugh that grates after a while. It might be the accent. Don't mind Geordie, but he's Sunderland. Those who know say there's a difference. Maybe there is and that's the reason.
Old 29 Jan 2012, 04:32 (Ref:3018394)   #184
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
At this point simply Kontact with Kirby is the only cue I need to trigger the Motors switcheroo.

I'd watch Motors anyway because Shaw is the most thorough commentator there is, knows racecraft when he sees it and Motors deserves good viewership for all the effort they are putting into things this year. Daytona is a tough commentary gig though. More than the usual amount of drivers in each car in the top class a number of which have similar red, White and blue colour schemes in a series that isn't the commentators natural habit. They also seem to have only a sketchy amount of info coming to them and are badly coordinated with the Speed feed. This comes across as a somewhat subdued commentatory from what is otherwise a fine effort.
Old 6 Feb 2012, 13:54 (Ref:3022164)   #185
Richie_TeamBreed
Rookie

United Nations
I'm a mole and I live in a hole
Richie_TeamBreed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why, in the WRC coverage, can he not say Latvala's name properly. It's Lat-va-la, not Lat-vaaaaarrrrrr-laaaaaarrrr. There was another driver's name he couldn't say properly but I forget now. He's better than Julian Porter but think his dulcet tones should stick with the late night jazz.
Old 7 Feb 2012, 14:43 (Ref:3022671)   #186
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
I remember him calling Michel Jourdain Jr Michael Jordan Jr for the entire season of CART about ten years ago. He only corrected himself in the last race or two.
Old 7 Feb 2012, 19:48 (Ref:3022777)   #187
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
As I have said on this thread before, I am sure its one of two things.

1) and most importantly, he can speak French, and both Motor and Eurosport are utterly dominated by French speaking people, hence their obsession with Le Mans and Endurance type events.

2) He might be related to someone on the board or something at Eurosport, as noone this incapable would normally be kept in employment. he makes mistakes all the time, is thoroughlly unprofessional in his commentary style (joky and lax) and really should not be a media commentator of any sort.
Old 7 Feb 2012, 21:01 (Ref:3022820)   #188
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
During World Series by Renault coverage a few years back it was Pastor Maldondo

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 12 Feb 2012, 20:28 (Ref:3024962)   #189
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Charlie Pic, as no one calls him, was quite unforgiveable.
Old 8 May 2015, 18:47 (Ref:3535591)   #190
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is there cycling clashing with Le Mans this year? Sure would love CK to take another hiatus from Eurosport booth after last year and) 2011 & 2009.

Noticed he isn't liked in the biking community either...
http://forum.cyclingnews.com/viewtop...3974&start=440
Old 9 May 2015, 09:50 (Ref:3535752)   #191
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
After watching that famous Alan Partridge football commentary, it makes me appreciate CK better