Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 24 Sep 2010, 17:33 (Ref:2764104)   #1
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Will HVM and Simona be at Homestead???

TSO is reporting that Indy sources have said that HVM's landlord at their shops changed the locks last night and has security guards in place at the facility...

HVM employees were given today off...

It has been no secret that money has been tight for them all season...Let's hope that they can resolve this and get the landlord paid so that they can prep the car to go racing in the season finale.

It is a shame that this has happened, because Simona has really had an outstanding season, given the fact that she has been in an underfunded ride.

I'd like to see her finish out the deal, but that may not be in the cards due to circumstances beyond her control.

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 24 Sep 2010, 17:40 (Ref:2764106)   #2
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
JagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is the sound of a domino falling.

If my understanding is correct, not making the 17 races makes an entrant ineligible for TEAM money.
Old 24 Sep 2010, 17:51 (Ref:2764112)   #3
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagtechOhio View Post
That is the sound of a domino falling.

If my understanding is correct, not making the 17 races makes an entrant ineligible for TEAM money.
I believe that is correct, but I thought that the ICS may have made an early season exception for Conquest last year due to some circumstances and could possibly do the same for HVM, since it is the last race.

Old 24 Sep 2010, 17:57 (Ref:2764116)   #4
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
JagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is pretty incredible. It wasn't worth the effort for the IRL to intervene and front HVM a little cash to keep this matter off the radar?

Indy 500 Rookie of the Year, contender for the series ROY honors, and the car is locked in the shop. And everybody in the world who still has their eye on the Series and on Simona now knows about it, even if the crisis is resolved.

Anybody who says this Series has made a minute improvement during the past year is dreaming.
Old 24 Sep 2010, 18:50 (Ref:2764130)   #5
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagtechOhio View Post
This is pretty incredible. It wasn't worth the effort for the IRL to intervene and front HVM a little cash to keep this matter off the radar?

Indy 500 Rookie of the Year, contender for the series ROY honors, and the car is locked in the shop. And everybody in the world who still has their eye on the Series and on Simona now knows about it, even if the crisis is resolved.

Anybody who says this Series has made a minute improvement during the past year is dreaming.
The Conquest "Help" was a rumor last year...not sure if they did get the TEAM $$$ or not last year, if at all...

I do agree that it would have made sense for them to do so, if able and aware of the situation...maybe an advance on the TEAM $$$ they would have gotten later?

I don't know when or how they pay that out, though, so I can't really comment on it.

I do agree that it is yet another black eye that could have - and should have - been avoided.

Old 24 Sep 2010, 22:16 (Ref:2764210)   #6
PabloTeK
Racer

United Kingdom
Err... Can I have a sports question?
PabloTeK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Considering a certain Mr. B Ecclestone has reportedly been keeping Hispania afloat, it wouldn't hurt the IRL to intervene and keep a decent rookie in a car for one race surely...
Old 24 Sep 2010, 22:28 (Ref:2764216)   #7
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
A certain Mr. Bernard said in an interview several weeks ago that the total sponsor spend had increase from $34M in 2009 to $81M in 2010.

I have no idea what that means, but it sure sounds like somebody could cut a check for $50 or $100k and make this all go away quietly. Before it became news.

Blink.
Old 25 Sep 2010, 00:46 (Ref:2764236)   #8
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think it was suggested that HVM was barely surviving before and whatever simona's "mentor"(whatever his name was, we'll call him MR. Stargate Worlds, whatever stargate worlds is, probably don't want to know) is paying it's never been enough.

Could be a long cold winter for a lot of people coming up.
Old 25 Sep 2010, 01:06 (Ref:2764241)   #9
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
Who is that Obi-Wan dude supposed to be? He likes writing dissertations on weak foundation, I'm curious if you know why he is so sure of himself.
Old 27 Sep 2010, 23:20 (Ref:2765810)   #10
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
This issue is handled, Simona will be at Homestead.

http://pressdog.typepad.com/