Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 27 Jul 2020, 11:02 (Ref:3991009)   #1
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2020 the long wait is over, BTCC Rd1/2/3 Donington Pk

the first weekend back after an extraordinary off-season. Lots of losses, few gains, a very different look to the BTCC this year.

If you're attending, there is NO admittance without a ticket bought in advance. NO GATE SALES. Closing date for tickets is Friday 31st which you will have to print at home.

In order to comply with guidance from the relevant motorsport authorities, visitors will not be able to access the paddock and pit lane for the time being.

https://www.donington-park.co.uk/

Timetable:

SATURDAY - Gate Opens at 07:30
9:05 Michelin Ginetta Junior Championship Qualifying 15 mins
9:30 Kwik Fit British Touring Car Championship Free Practice 40 mins
10:30 F4 British Championship Qualifying 20 mins
11:00 Millers Oils Ginetta GT4 SuperCup Championship Qualifying 20 mins
11:30 The Mini Challenge Qualifying 30 mins
12:10 Kwik Fit British Touring Car Championship Free Practice 40 mins
12:50 Lunch Break 40 mins
13:30 Porsche Carrera Cup Great Britain Qualifying 30 mins
14:10 Michelin Ginetta Junior Championship Race 1 9 laps
14:45 F4 British Championship Race 2 20 mins
15:20 Kwik Fit British Touring Car Championship Qualifying 30 mins
16:00 Millers Oils Ginetta GT4 SuperCup Championship Race 3 12 laps
16:35 Michelin Ginetta Junior Championship Race 4 12 laps
17:10 The Mini Challenge Race 5 20 mins

-----

SUNDAY - Gate Opens at 07:30
9:05 The Mini Challenge Race 6 20 mins
9:40 F4 British Championship Race 7 20 mins
10:15 Millers Oils Ginetta GT4 SuperCup Championship Race 8 16 laps
10:55 BTCC Pit Lane Opens
11:10 Kwik Fit British Touring Car Championship Race 9 16 laps
11:50 Porsche Carrera Cup Great Britain Race 10 23 laps
12:30 Lunch Break
13:15 BTCC Pit Lane Opens
13:30 Kwik Fit British Touring Car Championship Race 11 16 laps
14:10 Michelin Ginetta Junior Championship Race 12 12 laps
14:45 The Mini Challenge Race 13 20 mins
15:20 F4 British Championship Race 14 20 mins
15:55 Millers Oils Ginetta GT4 SuperCup Championship Race 15 16 laps
16:30 Porsche Carrera Cup Great Britain Race 16 23 laps
17:10 BTCC Pit Lane Opens
17:25 Kwik Fit British Touring Car Championship Race 17 16 laps
*All times are subject to change
Old 27 Jul 2020, 17:14 (Ref:3991088)   #2
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looking forward too it. It's been so long I really don't know who to expect to be on pole.
Old 27 Jul 2020, 17:16 (Ref:3991091)   #3
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Changes happening already for ticket holders:

https://twitter.com/DoningtonParkUK/...88411810709504

No indication of detail yet but obviously something significant.
Old 27 Jul 2020, 18:13 (Ref:3991110)   #4
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
I think it's just repeating / re-iterating the guidelines MSV published last week. Grandstands will have "alternate rows closed-off and a minimum two-seat gap required between household groups". As it's all numbered seating, they will need to re-assign some people, or possibly cancel a few seats depending on how many tickets have been sold.
Old 28 Jul 2020, 09:50 (Ref:3991200)   #5
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Frankly, I'm surprised the grandstands are even open.
Old 28 Jul 2020, 10:09 (Ref:3991203)   #6
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I wonder how many will be allowed in the grandstands? Donington only has about one or two, so you probably won't see that many
Old 28 Jul 2020, 10:19 (Ref:3991209)   #7
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I wonder how many will be allowed in the grandstands? Donington only has about one or two, so you probably won't see that many
It's one grandstand - Hollywood.
Old 28 Jul 2020, 11:31 (Ref:3991219)   #8
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Beware at Brands Historics a couple of weeks ago they were charging extra.....
Old 28 Jul 2020, 11:36 (Ref:3991221)   #9
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Beware at Brands Historics a couple of weeks ago they were charging extra.....
There are no hidden charges, it is clear when you book your tickets.
Sunday:
£29 for an adult entry,
£8 for a grandstand seat.

Plus you pick your seat whilst booking the ticket, so you can see how spaced out people are.
Old 28 Jul 2020, 19:07 (Ref:3991287)   #10
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if this is a test event for crowds at race tracks?
Old 28 Jul 2020, 19:11 (Ref:3991289)   #11
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skells22 View Post
I wonder if this is a test event for crowds at race tracks?
It isn't.

It's just Jonathan Palmer thinking he can get some money in by pretending spectators at a BTCC meeting are like visitors to a zoo.

(And I suppose he's got a point: it is watching animals through a chain link fence.)
Old 28 Jul 2020, 19:39 (Ref:3991294)   #12
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
(And I suppose he's got a point: it is watching animals through a chain link fence.)
I'm sure there was a relevant quote about touring car drivers and being an animal that I could use here, but I just can't think of it
Old 28 Jul 2020, 19:44 (Ref:3991295)   #13
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I don’t know what you mean. I’m sure it has been used somewhere before though knowing the drivers of the past
Old 28 Jul 2020, 19:57 (Ref:3991298)   #14
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
It isn't.

It's just Jonathan Palmer thinking he can get some money in by pretending spectators at a BTCC meeting are like visitors to a zoo.

It's a risky game to play though. Especially if an outbreak gets linked back to it.
Old 28 Jul 2020, 20:14 (Ref:3991301)   #15
redshoes
Veteran

It may be a bit of 'buy now while stocks last' marketing, but MSV are saying they expect Sunday tickets to be sold out prior to Friday.
Old 28 Jul 2020, 22:39 (Ref:3991319)   #16
S griffin
Veteran

I think it should be fine. There’ll be enough fans without being silly about it. Everything will be carefully managed and it should be a good meeting whatever. Just so glad the tin tops are back in action
Old 29 Jul 2020, 10:40 (Ref:3991344)   #17
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well will be at brands next week but afraid i will have to watch this on on ITV4, but pleased to be able to watch some real racing this weekend on tv
Old 29 Jul 2020, 11:01 (Ref:3991348)   #18
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
It's a risky game to play though. Especially if an outbreak gets linked back to it.
mmm, my thoughts exactly.

inside the paddock there's at least two organisations that are responsible for each individual - the team and the organisers. outside the paddock everyone is msv's responsibility. dr palmer must be in a really deep pile of poo to want to take on that liability.
Old 29 Jul 2020, 11:13 (Ref:3991351)   #19
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
mmm, my thoughts exactly.

inside the paddock there's at least two organisations that are responsible for each individual - the team and the organisers. outside the paddock everyone is msv's responsibility. dr palmer must be in a really deep pile of poo to want to take on that liability.
Although I do agree with your sentiments, maybe, due to his medical background, Jonathon Palmer maybe better qualified/experienced to decide what is safe and what isn't? (Not that he is the only person in MSV who makes these types of policy decision that is!).
Old 29 Jul 2020, 11:16 (Ref:3991352)   #20
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Mr Gow highlighted the difference between paddocks and spectator areas.
Because the paddock is a business area, different rules apply to the public access areas.
It's worth remembering that when discussing why visitors to the circuit are permitted in one area compared to another.
Old 29 Jul 2020, 11:18 (Ref:3991353)   #21
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
I'm sure there was a relevant quote about touring car drivers and being an animal that I could use here, but I just can't think of it
He may be a superstar in Germany.
Old 29 Jul 2020, 12:44 (Ref:3991370)   #22
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Although I do agree with your sentiments, maybe, due to his medical background, Jonathon Palmer maybe better qualified/experienced to decide what is safe and what isn't? (Not that he is the only person in MSV who makes these types of policy decision that is!).
definitely. although it's interesting that like crmalcolm alludes to, at quite a few events, paddock and general public rules regarding face coverings vary.

it would be interesting to see what specific research he's basing all this on.

still it's going to be great to see people back at the circuit enjoying themselves in decent numbers. i just hope it doesn't prove to be a wrong decision, we've seen what those have done to other businesses and industries.
Old 29 Jul 2020, 16:21 (Ref:3991420)   #23
S griffin
Veteran

Yeah. Really I can understand circuits having different rules on face coverings due to there being different amounts of space. Wonder how many actually require them to be worn for the fans

I see no problem with fans being there, should be plenty of space. It will add to the event and let’s hope for a great meeting
Old 29 Jul 2020, 17:09 (Ref:3991441)   #24
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Yeah. Really I can understand circuits having different rules on face coverings due to there being different amounts of space. Wonder how many actually require them to be worn for the fans

I see no problem with fans being there, should be plenty of space. It will add to the event and let’s hope for a great meeting
It's not about the amount of space though - it's about controlling the bunching up a pinch-points around the circuit.

When Jolly Jeff emerges from his beach-shelter-cum-field-kitchen at the end of race 2, and needs to empty his bladder of cheap own-brand lager into the nearest ditch. Then feels the urge to spend eight quid on some soggy cardboard stuffed between two halves of a stale bap, before returning to recommence the smoke signals floating across Craner Curves. Do you really think he'll take heed of gentle advice to put on his mask and wait 30 mins before the crowd has cleared sufficiently from his route past Hollywood?
Old 29 Jul 2020, 17:28 (Ref:3991451)   #25
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No Spectators!
https://www.facebook.com/DoningtonPa...type=3&theater