Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 7 Dec 2020, 08:11 (Ref:4021278)   #126
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lunaz adds original Range Rover to classic EV line-up

'Joining electric versions of the 1961 Rolls-Royce Phantom V and Jaguar XK120 in the brand's classic EV line-up, the electric Range Rover is limited to an initial production run of 50 units, each available from £245,000 plus taxes. Customer deliveries will begin in summer 2021.'

One thing that I've noted recently - why does nearly every promotional shot of an EV have to show it being charged? I guess they are trying to show how it's as easy as plugging in any other electrical appliance - but I don't recall seeing every shot of a petrol/diesel car being shown at the pumps.
Old 7 Dec 2020, 08:13 (Ref:4021279)   #127
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Reborn AC Cobra gains EV range-topper with 617bhp, 738lb ft

'Revived British sports car brand AC Cars has revealed a range-topping electric version of its reborn Cobra sports car.

The new AC Cobra Series 4 electric joins the similarly conceived Series 1 electric in ditching a large-capacity V8 for a zero-emissions powertrain but ramps up the power considerably.

Precise technical details are thin on the ground, but the Series 4 is claimed to pack 617bhp and a Polestar 1-rivalling 738lb ft of torque from its plug-in powertrain - enough to send it from a standstill to 60mph in 3.8sec.

Despite drawing its power from a 54kWh battery, which is large enough for 200 miles of range, the Series 4 tips the scales at 1190kg - just 40kg more than the original V8-powered AC Cobra 427.'
Old 8 Dec 2020, 09:14 (Ref:4021533)   #128
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Bentley’s first EV kicks off brand’s bold reinvention

'Bentley’s debut electric vehicle, due in 2025, will be one of the first cars to use a new cutting-edge Audi-developed luxury car platform – and it will spearhead a series of radical new models that will expand Bentley’s range into new market segments.

The Crewe manufacturer, owned by the Volkswagen Group, has committed to offering only battery-electric vehicles (BEVs) from 2030 onwards and it plans to meet that deadline by rolling out a family of new EVs in the second half of this decade.

The first EV will take the form of a high-riding saloon. It will be based on a bespoke VW Group architecture, which is being developed by Project Artemis, an Audi-led initiative to develop an advanced EV platform.'

There are only artist's impressions at the moment, and we are a few years away. But what is interesting is the view of Bentley that large(r) EVs will be later in appearing:

“We think that BEVs with medium-size cars in that 2025-2030 range become feasible, and larger [electric] cars are post-2030, which is why 2030 is the date we plan to change everything.”

Will a necessity to keep size/weight down in early EVs see the crossover-SUV priced out of the market?
Old 8 Dec 2020, 09:19 (Ref:4021535)   #129
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
MG Motor UK 5 EV

Now reviewed - and positive comments from TG:
'The first EV estate on the market, and a good value one too'

Old 8 Dec 2020, 18:05 (Ref:4021617)   #130
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
love the wagons!!!

also looks very similar to my VW Alltrack and is also nicer imo then the VW ID4.
Old 13 Dec 2020, 11:50 (Ref:4022564)   #131
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Easy to top up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k1tbf8muMc
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 15 Dec 2020, 00:23 (Ref:4023002)   #132
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Golden.
Old 6 Jan 2021, 14:35 (Ref:4027176)   #133
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Tesla Model 3 was UK’s best-selling new car in December

and

Norway becomes first country where EVs outsell combustion cars

Overall sales may be significantly down, but the market share has risen significantly for EV sales.

'Norway has become the first country in the world where the majority of new car sales are pure-electric cars, spurred on largely by demand for Volkswagen Group EVs.

In 2020, 54.3% of all new cars sold in Norway were fully electric, up from 42.1% in 2019. This marks the first time such cars have comprised more than 50% of new car sales in a country across a full year.'

'Just shy of 6000 examples of Tesla’s entry-level EV were registered in [the UK in] December, making it the best-selling car of the month. Its 5798 registrations gave it an advantage of more than 1000 over the next most popular car, the new Volkswagen Golf (4470) and more than 2000 over the Ford Fiesta (3367).'
Old 8 Jan 2021, 16:18 (Ref:4027682)   #134
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
the article points out:

The reasons for Tesla’s success in December are more opaque but are likely due to the timing of its latest batch of deliveries, which arrived in November.

neither here nor there in terms of the growing popularity of EVs, but i dont see how Tesla will be able to manufacture enough cars to compete with the bigs once their productions starts rolling.

how long were people waiting, when did they make their initial deposit before accepting their December deliveries?

years right?
Old 8 Jan 2021, 20:27 (Ref:4027727)   #135
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
the article points out:

The reasons for Tesla’s success in December are more opaque but are likely due to the timing of its latest batch of deliveries, which arrived in November.

neither here nor there in terms of the growing popularity of EVs, but i dont see how Tesla will be able to manufacture enough cars to compete with the bigs once their productions starts rolling.

how long were people waiting, when did they make their initial deposit before accepting their December deliveries?

years right?
They're getting better at delivery close to the actual time promised, and the local lot to me actually has models on the lot occasionally. Some here in the US have been known to sell their spots at delivery to others wanting to jump the list, makes the claims of how long they've been on the list a bit of a crapshoot. My old trainee bought his that way selling his model 3 spot 5 times, first time he made 7k for his spot but he was on the second round of delivery and there were years on the list at that point. He put deposits down multiple times knowing he wouldn't ever take delivery.

Last edited by broadrun96; 8 Jan 2021 at 20:33.
Old 14 Jan 2021, 18:34 (Ref:4029079)   #136
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Renault has announced a massive expansion of its electric car lineup.

Yes it's an R-5.

That logo is from Mobilize. Volvo might complain.

Alpine will launch an electric sports car in collaboration with... Lotus!

A Dacia compact SUV! Anyway...
Old 20 Jan 2021, 03:36 (Ref:4030163)   #137
chrisklein90
Rookie

United States
Florida
chrisklein90 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Renault has announced a massive expansion of its electric car lineup.

Yes it's an R-5.

That logo is from Mobilize. Volvo might complain.

Alpine will launch an electric sports car in collaboration with... Lotus!

A Dacia compact SUV! Anyway...
I don't like that mini car, the design looks too futuristic.
Old 20 Jan 2021, 12:57 (Ref:4030233)   #138
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
That Mobilize looks similar to the new Citroën Ami. I like it.
Old 20 Jan 2021, 13:06 (Ref:4030236)   #139
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Mercedes-Benz EQA

190 hp / 140 kW, front-wheel drive
66.5 kWh battery
Recharges at 100 kW DC or 11 kW AC
425 km / 265 miles autonomy

Yes it's a facelifted GLA.

Old 10 Feb 2021, 21:28 (Ref:4034574)   #140
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Audi e-tron GT

4.99 m long

530 and 646 hp electric engines
85 kWh battery, 270 kW DC recharging

Four-wheel drive

The rear end is surprisingly ugly.
Old 24 Feb 2021, 19:55 (Ref:4036794)   #141
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Karma GSe-6

85-105 kWh batteries

Rear-wheel drive

Old 24 Feb 2021, 20:02 (Ref:4036796)   #142
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Hyundai Ioniq 5

4.64 m long
170-300 hp electric engines, 58-73kWh batteries
Rear- and four-wheel drive

Looking at the pictures, I thought it was a subcompact hatchback.
Old 24 Feb 2021, 22:07 (Ref:4036833)   #143
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Karma GSe-6

85-105 kWh batteries

Rear-wheel drive

Now that is an oddly proportioned car!
Old 25 Feb 2021, 00:40 (Ref:4036847)   #144
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Looks like more MB than BMW to the styling compared to the original
Old 25 Feb 2021, 15:00 (Ref:4036941)   #145
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Hyundai Ioniq 5

4.64 m long
170-300 hp electric engines, 58-73kWh batteries
Rear- and four-wheel drive

Looking at the pictures, I thought it was a subcompact hatchback.
Great looking car.
Old 25 Feb 2021, 18:46 (Ref:4036974)   #146
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Certainly very boxy look, but otherwise looks good
Old 25 Feb 2021, 20:49 (Ref:4037005)   #147
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Thankfully everyone has realized what Porsche and Audi told them, electric cars should LOOK LIKE FING CARS damnit, not future-looking kid stuff, like a damn car
Old 25 Feb 2021, 20:54 (Ref:4037007)   #148
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yeah. Cars can have certain shapes, but they should still make them look like cars, as Audi and Porsche always do. No reason to go all gimmicky, it doesn’t work, keep it simple
Old 2 Mar 2021, 17:20 (Ref:4038007)   #149
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Thankfully everyone has realized what Porsche and Audi told them, electric cars should LOOK LIKE FING CARS damnit, not future-looking kid stuff, like a damn car
I agree with this.
Old 2 Mar 2021, 22:19 (Ref:4038096)   #150
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Volvo C40

400 hp electric engine
78 kWh battery
Four-wheel drive

The front end is the same as the XC40.