Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Jul 2009, 12:57 (Ref:2507619)   #1
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Felipe Massa's accident discussion (GP of Hungary 2009)

The brazilian TV is showing something that hit Massa's helmet !
Old 25 Jul 2009, 12:58 (Ref:2507621)   #2
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I missed the replay, can someone tell me what happened exactly?
Old 25 Jul 2009, 13:00 (Ref:2507622)   #3
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Here's hoping for Felipe that things will work out.

No replay yet on the BBC.
Old 25 Jul 2009, 13:01 (Ref:2507623)   #4
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There was no car close to him... and it was very fast, but it clearly shows something hitting his helmet below the camera.
Old 25 Jul 2009, 13:02 (Ref:2507624)   #5
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Howcome we've got different images? Was it not the world feed that got the replay on Brazilian TV?
Old 25 Jul 2009, 13:02 (Ref:2507625)   #6
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Looks like he was unconscious when hit the barriers...
Old 25 Jul 2009, 13:03 (Ref:2507627)   #7
nokke
Rookie

nokke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Danish tv shows a spring hitting Massa in the head.

It looks like it came flying from the left side of the track
Old 25 Jul 2009, 13:03 (Ref:2507626)   #8
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He did get on the brakes at least...
Old 25 Jul 2009, 13:03 (Ref:2507628)   #9
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

I'm not sure, but the commentator said that the images were coming from their studio in Brazil, it was the onboard camera.
Old 25 Jul 2009, 13:03 (Ref:2507629)   #10
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Old 25 Jul 2009, 13:04 (Ref:2507630)   #11
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
He did get on the brakes at least...
Not that was not breaking, they're saying...
Old 25 Jul 2009, 13:04 (Ref:2507631)   #12
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

The sound was that he was accelerating...
Old 25 Jul 2009, 13:05 (Ref:2507632)   #13
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Heemstede, The Netherlands
Pingguest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It doesn't look good. Everyone is so quiet and the helicopter has been started.
Old 25 Jul 2009, 13:05 (Ref:2507633)   #14
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

It's showing again and again,,,
Old 25 Jul 2009, 13:05 (Ref:2507634)   #15
MCWB
Veteran

MCWB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Holy crap, hope he's ok. That's bad.
Old 25 Jul 2009, 13:05 (Ref:2507635)   #16
el_cat
Racer

el_cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So it was one of Rubens springs then by the sounds of it (not seen the replay though)
Old 25 Jul 2009, 13:06 (Ref:2507636)   #17
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Not that was not breaking, they're saying...
How else would he have locked the front wheels?
I think the telemetry graphic showed full braking and full throttle at the same time though - not sure if that's reliable.
Old 25 Jul 2009, 13:06 (Ref:2507637)   #18
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Uhn... the brake and accelerating displays were full when he hit the barriers.
Old 25 Jul 2009, 13:07 (Ref:2507638)   #19
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
How else would he have locked the front wheels?
I think the telemetry graphic showed full braking and full throttle at the same time though.
Yeah, you're right, because there are a lot of people talking right now, sorry.
Old 25 Jul 2009, 13:08 (Ref:2507639)   #20
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Eddie Jordan was saying it might be concussion, but I won't feel relaxed until the speculation stops and we get some facts.
Old 25 Jul 2009, 13:08 (Ref:2507640)   #21
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

How strange... and Felipe was very impressed by Henry's accident earlier this week.
Old 25 Jul 2009, 13:09 (Ref:2507641)   #22
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Imola 1994 was full of sad irony, but naturally I don't wish to focus on that now.
Old 25 Jul 2009, 13:10 (Ref:2507642)   #23
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Menelaos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It looked clear that he was unconscious, he went 100% straight to the tires, his hands were clearly just moving with the movement of the steering wheel, his head was clearly unconscious too. He didn't even move his hands from the wheel before hitting the tires. It's totally unbelievable....

Then it clearly showed on the replay that something heavy hit him on the head, which makes it certain.... I think the full throttle + break exactly the moment it hit him makes it almost obvious that it was a reflex. And the throttle remains full-on AFTER he hit the tires.

At least on the replay he finally moves his arm!!!
Old 25 Jul 2009, 13:10 (Ref:2507644)   #24
MCWB
Veteran

MCWB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He's conscoius on the way to the chopper, good news.
Old 25 Jul 2009, 13:10 (Ref:2507645)   #25
nokke
Rookie

nokke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
he is alive, moving, waving his hand