Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 28 Jan 2015, 17:32 (Ref:3498332)   #251
Thorney
Racer

Thorney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGasfuss View Post
Its interesting, that Campos may come with Opel Astra OPC from VLN, when Opel Motorsport Boss says "no decision" and they even don't let others buy VLN cars or parts!!!!
To be fair if Campos said 'can we use one for TCR?' thats a better deal than me saying 'can I buy bodywork for us in the UK?'

But from a commercial basis, its a once year deal for the 2 door so thats suicide.
Old 28 Jan 2015, 20:46 (Ref:3498412)   #252
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Depends who actually finances it, I would imagine Campos got some goodwill from Lotti
Old 28 Jan 2015, 20:46 (Ref:3498413)   #253
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Surprised to see Proteam with Ford Focus, I assumed they would race Honda Civic.
JAS have said they'll only have three cars for the start of the season, so WestCoast Racing have full season exclusivity effectively.
Old 29 Jan 2015, 09:43 (Ref:3498619)   #254
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
More interesting stuff:

Quote:
TCR promoters meet in Barcelona to plan national series development
The national promoters of a number of countries planning to launch series using the TCR technical blueprint met this week in Barcelona during a two-day workshop to work out a common strategy for the future, in a meeting chaired by the TCR International Series promoter (WSC) CEO Marcello Lotti, and Motorsport Asia’s CEO David Sonenscher, the promoter of the TCR Asia Series.

Twelve countries in total were represented by the promoters and National Sporting Authorities (ASNs) of BeNeLux, China, Dominican Republic, Germany, Italy, Portugal, Russia, South Africa, Spain, Thailand, The USA and Venezuela.
Very intriguing... though I am not sure which German series organizers went. I really can't see Procar selling their new 1600Turbo customers down the river, so I don't think it's them. But if it isn't Procar would have a rival, which can't be a good thing for the overall health of the sport here.

South Africa is also kind of interesting - does that mean the Pace Innovations GTC-project is DOA?
Old 29 Jan 2015, 11:10 (Ref:3498644)   #255
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
DS" should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Very intriguing... though I am not sure which German series organizers went. I really can't see Procar selling their new 1600Turbo customers down the river, so I don't think it's them. But if it isn't Procar would have a rival, which can't be a good thing for the overall health of the sport here.
Maybe...the ITR? Maybe they'll finally open up a second division below DTM and add something to their support package? Maybe some sort of "back to the roots", with production-based cars, primarily run by private teams. Maybe some young drivers could win a DTM test, to add some incentive for teams and drivers to partake. Then again, the ITR running a second touring car series is perhaps wishful thinking...
Old 29 Jan 2015, 17:49 (Ref:3498801)   #256
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I can imagine there's a lot of interest for this series but being at a meeting doesn't mean using TCR rules.
Old 29 Jan 2015, 17:53 (Ref:3498804)   #257
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
South Africa is also kind of interesting - does that mean the Pace Innovations GTC-project is DOA?
Would be a shame. (Yes I know I am a fanboy of the Pace Innovations concept )
Old 29 Jan 2015, 18:40 (Ref:3498822)   #258
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DS" View Post
Maybe...the ITR? Maybe they'll finally open up a second division below DTM and add something to their support package?

Maybe some sort of "back to the roots", with production-based cars, primarily run by private teams. Maybe some young drivers could win a DTM test, to add some incentive for teams and drivers to partake.

Then again, the ITR running a second touring car series is perhaps wishful thinking...
Those are my thoughts too.
Old 29 Jan 2015, 19:13 (Ref:3498840)   #259
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
I don't see ITR inviting "foreign" manufacturers.
Especially with Audi running the new TT cup.
Old 29 Jan 2015, 19:29 (Ref:3498841)   #260
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Agreed.

There's a photo of the meeting on the TCR-website.

I might be wrong, because the resolution isn't all that good, but the second guy from the left could be Procar's Rainer Bastuck, couldn't he?
Old 29 Jan 2015, 20:55 (Ref:3498869)   #261
Motorsportfreak
Racer

Germany
Motorsportfreak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Agreed.

There's a photo of the meeting on the TCR-website.

I might be wrong, because the resolution isn't all that good, but the second guy from the left could be Procar's Rainer Bastuck, couldn't he?
No, there is a big difference. Rainer have grey hair and the guy on the Picture black.
Old 30 Jan 2015, 08:13 (Ref:3498992)   #262
GusGasfuss
Racer

Germany
Ravensburg, Germany
GusGasfuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorsportfreak View Post
No, there is a big difference. Rainer have grey hair and the guy on the Picture black.
I had the same thought...also different age in my opinion.

Without counting Lotti and the asia chairman, there were 19 people. So only 1-2 from every country. I assume, that the already published countries had send 2 persons, the interested countries only 1 person maybe...
I am really curious, who was the german representative????????
Old 30 Jan 2015, 09:18 (Ref:3499020)   #263
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
DS" should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Even though the cooperation with SuperGT says something different, the ITR still wants foreign manufacturers to play by their rules, not someone elses. So I still get your point.
Old 30 Jan 2015, 15:49 (Ref:3499152)   #264
Speed-King
Veteran

Quote:
I thought it could be due to the lighting... Rainer's hair is still a relatively dark gray and the person in the picture seems to have his kind of mustache (if you squint really hard, that is)....
Old 31 Jan 2015, 11:13 (Ref:3499407)   #265
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by DS" View Post
Even though the cooperation with SuperGT says something different, the ITR still wants foreign manufacturers to play by their rules, not someone elses. So I still get your point.
To be clear: With foreign I mean not only non-German brands but also brands that don't take part in DTM, so every brand except Mercedes, BMW/Mini and VAG).
Old 2 Feb 2015, 11:46 (Ref:3500050)   #266
Speed-King
Veteran

Quote:
I thought it could be due to the lighting... Rainer's hair is still a relatively dark gray and the person in the picture seems to have his kind of mustache (if you squint really hard, that is)....
Looks like *that* guy definitely wasn't Bastuck:

http://tcr-series.com/news/item/russ...he-tcr-concept
Old 2 Feb 2015, 14:01 (Ref:3500090)   #267
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
There are more series embracing the concept than cars out there.
Old 3 Feb 2015, 14:00 (Ref:3500449)   #268
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Marc Duez has been appointed as the Race Director for the TCR International Series.
Old 3 Feb 2015, 20:58 (Ref:3500577)   #269
Speed-King
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurski View Post
Marc Duez has been appointed as the Race Director for the TCR International Series.
Solid signing.
Old 4 Feb 2015, 07:58 (Ref:3500729)   #270
Speed-King
Veteran

One race for the Benelux Series already in 2015, the goal is to have eventually a field of 25-30 cars.

If the intention is to have a single class series, that sounds very ambitious to me. Personally, I'd go for a multi-class format, bolstering the grid with some Clios and stuff, but maybe that's just me.

http://tcr-series.com/news/item/tcr-...5-30-car-field
Old 4 Feb 2015, 11:17 (Ref:3500799)   #271
ivozet
Rookie

ivozet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any driver names so far?
Old 4 Feb 2015, 12:28 (Ref:3500809)   #272
Motorsportfreak
Racer

Germany
Motorsportfreak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivozet View Post
Any driver names so far?
Franz Engstler
Old 4 Feb 2015, 17:08 (Ref:3500905)   #273
ivozet
Rookie

ivozet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Franz Engstler
Thanks, the youngest one, but a star
Old 7 Feb 2015, 13:05 (Ref:3502348)   #274
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Will be strange to see him in something other than a BMW.

Couple days ago young Dutch driver Bas Schouten announced his TCR plans. The team around him, ST Motorsport, has bought a SEAT Leon which will be run by Bas Koeten Racing. For this year he plans to race in Dutch Supercar Challenge, in 2016 TCR Benelux and 2017 TCR International series.

I think on the short term the national series will have mainly SEAT's on the grid.
Old 9 Feb 2015, 09:44 (Ref:3503218)   #275
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I think on the short term the national series will have mainly SEAT's on the grid.
I think this is a very smart move and good way to get cars for reasonable price out to everyone who wants to race. Just last year (2014) WTCC had the problem that more teams wanted to race then there were cars. Same thing was in S2000 early years, all cars went to ETCC so smaller teams in national series that were switching to S2000 couldnt get cars. On the other hand, that ment in Sweden and Danmark we got lots of smaller teams building their own cars.