Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 1 Jul 2009, 08:18 (Ref:2494312)   #1
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BRC at Mallory Park

It seems that the last round of the BRC will be moved to Mallory on the 18th (due to the overwhelming power that the nay-sayers and complainers have in this country meaning Croft had to limit events)

Does anyone have a circuit map of the new track? Anyone know what spectating will be like there? Would be very interested to make the trip to Leicestershire (at least a lot closer to London than Croft). It is good news that there is another track on the scene and good to have it in the Midlands.

Interested to hear thoughts.

Adam
Old 1 Jul 2009, 08:28 (Ref:2494315)   #2
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Whilst it would undoubtedly be good to have another circuit - is Mallory ready? I know the work was planned but I thought it had all been put on hold due to the "credit crunch"?

Maybe someone that has been to Mallory recently can fill us in......
Old 1 Jul 2009, 11:20 (Ref:2494419)   #3
sihorton
Racer

England
up north, aka lancashire
sihorton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm certainly in favour of bringing another rallycross track back into use.
This also helps bridge the missing gap between the north and south in terms of events.

I'm sad to see us loose the croft date, but i'm sure mallory will be a successful venue and the organisers will not disapoint.

On a personnal note, whilst on the topic of new / old circuits, does anyone know if cadwell park was looked into as an alternative venue again? Sure everyone will remember great races there in the past. Would love to see that back on the calender at somepoint.

Si
Old 1 Jul 2009, 14:29 (Ref:2494509)   #4
flagwaver
Veteran

England
Yorkshire
flagwaver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The old stock car track at Cadwell is no more it has all been grassed over. As has the link from Charlies exit onto the stock car track. The barrier at the back of the Gooseneck has been moved up as has the marshals post at the Gooseneck

The old stock car track was used in part for the rallycross circuit.
Old 1 Jul 2009, 15:02 (Ref:2494523)   #5
StockHatch782
Racer

StockHatch782 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was at Mallory a couple of weeks ago for the Rally of the Midlands. We did a stage that used the whole circuit and most of the infield and, although we created a bit of our own loose with some monster cuts (!) I certainly didn't see anything resembling a rallycross track.

Maybe I just didn't notice it while flat out in the silly seat of a rally car, or it's been prepared but not yet built; I couldn't say for sure. There's some good spectating according to my dad, who said he could see the whole circuit from up on the bank by the hairpin. If it all comes off, it will be great to have a new rallycross circuit in Britain, especially now we're down to so few.

Fingers crossed, then!
Old 1 Jul 2009, 16:50 (Ref:2494591)   #6
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A shame this clashes with the Formula Ford Festival, I would like to be at both events.

Whether the drawing in Motorsport News several months ago will be anything like how the circuit turns out I am not sure. That started from the usual start/finish straight, went anticlockwise around the oval link, then sharp right up to the hairpin in the usual direction. Then into the left at the Bus Stop chicane, carrying onto the 'loose' which roughly in line with the current permiter road, dropping down the hill to rejoin the circuit with a hairpin opposite the pit lane.
Old 1 Jul 2009, 17:09 (Ref:2494603)   #7
BOY BLUNDER
Veteran

England
margate
BOY BLUNDER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well lets say that this is a great step for British rx once again,i cant wait to get there,roll on 18th oct

BB....
Old 1 Jul 2009, 20:03 (Ref:2494689)   #8
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The latest map to appear in MN (on what facts it is based I don't know) gives the impression that the circuit will be based on the oval, with a 'loose' straight running parallel to and on the outside of Kirkby Straight, with another loose section running from two-thirds of the way around Gerard's Bend to a third of the way along Stebbe Straight, on the infield.
Old 2 Jul 2009, 11:59 (Ref:2494991)   #9
Rewsy
Rookie

United Kingdom
Bexley, Kent
Rewsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry if this post seems stupid given the title of the original post but is this the last event of the RallyX Open Champs?, as an event was planned at Mallory for that in September time but cancelled due to the track not having been completed in time, and the last even in the RallyX Open is/was at Croft as well?

If it isn't anyway then that the September date for Mallory will be reinstated for the RallyX open do you think, or is the time to tight to get track finished?
Old 2 Jul 2009, 12:24 (Ref:2495004)   #10
Ian Sowman
Veteran

It is the British Rallycross Championship - as per their website and MN.
Old 2 Jul 2009, 12:40 (Ref:2495016)   #11
shhh
Veteran

Ireland
shhh has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Remember the Wildtracks venue that was due to run in the 2005 BRC

We tested the Xsara for the 1st time there in Jan 05 and JMC could barely get the car out of 2nd gear

Wildtracks Test Vid:

http://www.motorsportmad.com/view/41...sara-1st--test
Old 2 Jul 2009, 17:53 (Ref:2495136)   #12
BOY BLUNDER
Veteran

England
margate
BOY BLUNDER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Shhh i was there that cold wet day,remember poor jmc couldnt get it worked right,and that was the day i went rnd there in DC's focus,and that was awesome

BB....
Old 3 Jul 2009, 12:19 (Ref:2495444)   #13
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A Mallory round would be great if it is actually happening. However I was also there a couple of weeks ago and there was no sign of a rallycross track being built. Perhaps the prospect of a final BRC round has got things moving?
Old 3 Jul 2009, 13:37 (Ref:2495491)   #14
dcdesign
Racer

Belgium
Oostmalle, Antwerp
dcdesign should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Because the race at Mallory is the 18th instead of the 11th of October... will this mean that the Belgian-British exchange (Belgian Champ at Lydden 30th of August, and British Champ at Maasmechelen on 11th of August) can go through?
Old 6 Jul 2009, 12:16 (Ref:2496534)   #15
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Article on the Mallory website:

http://www.mallorypark.co.uk/Rallycr...eatMalloryPark

(try not to wince at all the mistakes....)
Old 7 Jul 2009, 11:00 (Ref:2497174)   #16
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excellent news - Mallory is a great place. Anyone remember the last rallycross there? 1979 maybe?

Three months to build the track - we should put these guys in charge of Donny and the British GP! ;-)
Old 7 Jul 2009, 20:13 (Ref:2497481)   #17
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonidas View Post
Anyone remember the last rallycross there? 1979 maybe?
June 17 1979.
Old 10 Sep 2009, 10:06 (Ref:2537643)   #18
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has anyone been to Mallory Park recently? How is the track coming on? Not long left now... and would def be interested in making the trip up there if the viewing is going to be good.
Old 10 Sep 2009, 19:19 (Ref:2537992)   #19
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
Well I've got a five hour flight booked to get back to the UK to see this one - so I hope it is coming along okay! I've been going to Mallory for years so to see rallycross for the first time (was too young in 79) would be a bit special.
Old 10 Sep 2009, 21:20 (Ref:2538069)   #20
spuddy
Rookie

spuddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
just to update you all the rally cross course is being built it will all be happening on the oval with the normal startline then going round gerards up to the new bike chicane where they go on to off road track through a right then left then back on to stebbe straight through edwinas bike chicane then through the esses back on the startline but on a off road bit which is on the left hand side of the start line heading under the bridge.
Old 10 Sep 2009, 21:22 (Ref:2538071)   #21
spuddy
Rookie

the viewing will be excellent if you stand on the hill opposite the startline you will see all of the track what they will be useing.
Old 11 Sep 2009, 08:09 (Ref:2538258)   #22
StockHatch782
Racer

StockHatch782 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by spuddy View Post
just to update you all the rally cross course is being built it will all be happening on the oval with the normal startline then going round gerards up to the new bike chicane where they go on to off road track through a right then left then back on to stebbe straight through edwinas bike chicane then through the esses back on the startline but on a off road bit which is on the left hand side of the start line heading under the bridge.
So, if I'm picturing it right from my high-speed introduction to it in a rally car, your description is similar to the layout proposed in MN a few weeks back? Which is the new bike chicahe, the one by the water or the one at the hairpin end?

Cheers in advance for the info!
Old 11 Sep 2009, 17:07 (Ref:2538640)   #23
spuddy
Rookie

its at the side of the new chicane that comes out of gerards now that the off road stuff is down it looks a quick track.
Old 11 Sep 2009, 19:09 (Ref:2538719)   #24
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
Excellent. Yes, sounds fast and should be more than long enough to be interesting. I saw the Group B cars go through the chicances in the BRC live event a few years ago and they were pretty exciting so a field of supercars giving it some should be worth turning up for. In many ways Mallory is the ideal sort of venue for rallycross - compact, good viewing and right in the centre of the country - so lets hope we get a decent crowd.
Old 11 Sep 2009, 19:31 (Ref:2538731)   #25
d.rocky
Racer

England
Lola country.
d.rocky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im hoping to get to mallory for this. it'll be my first rallycross meeting and i cant wait!
i think this will be great for mallory park.