Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 4 Aug 2018, 13:27 (Ref:3841402)   #1756
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuntos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Just because a car is quite big doesn't mean its inevitably slow.

I agree with you here. Jens Marquardt is a motor sports engineer and he knows how to cry for a better BoP for his giant BMW. In "normal conditions" his car would be 'under-paced' but that is not what ACO wants for the Munich boys.
Old 4 Aug 2018, 15:12 (Ref:3841414)   #1757
Aysedasi
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ah, but what goes around comes around with BOP...... One year it's Ford, then it's AMR, then Porsche or BMW. Must be Corvettes turn next year.... But then, probably not.
Old 4 Aug 2018, 23:44 (Ref:3841494)   #1758
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
I agree with you here. Jens Marquardt is a motor sports engineer and he knows how to cry for a better BoP for his giant BMW. In "normal conditions" his car would be 'under-paced' but that is not what ACO wants for the Munich boys.
Car was pretty heavy too. And it's in it's first year of competition. I think you underestimate the job they have to do in order to make a race car from scratch and be fast, regardless of bop.
Old 15 Aug 2018, 18:46 (Ref:3843856)   #1759
LMPFan
Rookie

LMPFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2018/0...ock-notes.html
Old 19 Aug 2018, 01:57 (Ref:3844553)   #1760
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
On the subject of bop, sorry I mean eot, Toyota seems to be involved in helping the ACO/to make decisions.

From s365 Saturday notebook https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...ay-notebook-8/

Vasselon said*the pre-event EoT changescame in an open dialogue with the governing bodies.*“We discussed and came to something, which in our and the ACO and the FIA’s opinion, makes sense,” he said. “It respects some principles and brings the field together.

“What was much more difficult before was the lack of data. Our concern was that the data was not good enough at the time and there was a risk of error. We had to protect ourselves. Now we have much more accurate data so it’s an easier job of what we want to achieve.”

Is this surprising to anyone else? I thought the rules makers made choices on their own to manage the competition?
Old 19 Aug 2018, 02:50 (Ref:3844555)   #1761
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
On the subject of bop, sorry I mean eot, Toyota seems to be involved in helping the ACO/to make decisions.

From s365 Saturday notebook https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...ay-notebook-8/

Vasselon said*the pre-event EoT changescame in an open dialogue with the governing bodies.*“We discussed and came to something, which in our and the ACO and the FIA’s opinion, makes sense,” he said. “It respects some principles and brings the field together.

“What was much more difficult before was the lack of data. Our concern was that the data was not good enough at the time and there was a risk of error. We had to protect ourselves. Now we have much more accurate data so it’s an easier job of what we want to achieve.”

Is this surprising to anyone else? I thought the rules makers made choices on their own to manage the competition?
I read that too. I thought it was more about Toyota helping out in the eot because they know their own speed so maybe they give the ACO outlines on what would equal that speed if they were making a private teams' car? That was my take at least. I don't think it's that nefarious or that Toyota want an automatic advantage. The hybrid is already an advantage most of the time anyway.

I thought another thing was telling in that the eot helped non-turbo teams for this round. I figured that would help Rebellion out even more and they'd be clearly ahead of the other privateers, but it looks like the SMP team has starte to come on strong. It could also be because they have already tested the HD kit in the off-season while Rebellion's is sorta new.
Old 19 Aug 2018, 08:46 (Ref:3844567)   #1762
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They knew exactly how the non hybrids would perform.
Old 19 Aug 2018, 16:03 (Ref:3844697)   #1763
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridEffectiveSprinkles should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridEffectiveSprinkles should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post

This is not surprising, in fact it's been reported a long time ago that Toyota was one of the proponents of a new EoT for the privateers.