Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 24 May 2012, 19:14 (Ref:3078913)   #251
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
you probably won't, but in case you wonder who is the photographer outside the garage at 1:49, I guess you now know the answer
Old 24 May 2012, 20:49 (Ref:3078959)   #252
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just watched it. Great film.
Old 24 May 2012, 20:54 (Ref:3078962)   #253
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernard b View Post
you probably won't, but in case you wonder who is the photographer outside the garage at 1:49, I guess you now know the answer

It's no good Bernard, I just can't place him.........
Attached Thumbnails
BB.jpg  
Old 24 May 2012, 22:13 (Ref:3078995)   #254
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nice film
Sweet that they give the Audi Peugeot battle such a fair treatment. (Could be a lot worse)
Old 24 May 2012, 22:43 (Ref:3079005)   #255
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nice that it is available on audi.tv, but it would be doubly nice if it was available in full HD in more nations. I could at least get an SD version of the first one from the Canadian iTunes store, but I can't even get that for this version. I will still watch it, of course, but my 1080p TV wants more love!
Old 25 May 2012, 02:36 (Ref:3079043)   #256
rblanshard
Racer

United States
Dallas, TX
rblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
After watching the film, I'm now a huge fan of Benoit Treluyer. There's just something about his personality. I knew little to nothing about him, but that guy has a new fan.
Old 25 May 2012, 04:53 (Ref:3079064)   #257
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I know what you mean Robert. You get to know characters - other than McNish, Capello and Kristensen - that you didn't really know before....
Old 25 May 2012, 05:56 (Ref:3079081)   #258
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I know what you mean Robert. You get to know characters - other than McNish, Capello and Kristensen - that you didn't really know before....
True!

But there is something over Andre Lottere that have made me like him evenless.

Benoit Treluyer is great guy though!
Old 25 May 2012, 06:34 (Ref:3079087)   #259
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
valedave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Really? I found Lotterer quite endearing. Agree about Treluyer too, top bloke. His post-race emotions were just incredible.
Old 25 May 2012, 10:17 (Ref:3079122)   #260
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah don't understand that reaction about Lotterer.

I think the real star of the first film was Howden so it was nice to see Leena in this one and the coming of age dynamic. Because in the first one all she was shown doing was swearing on the pitwall! Will definitely watch it again before making the trip across.
Old 25 May 2012, 10:19 (Ref:3079124)   #261
Lppiesaudi
Rookie

Lppiesaudi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there anywhere where one can see the SPEED 45 min version outside of the US? I would love to watch that version of the film as well to see what they decided to cut and what not to cut. Thanks
Old 25 May 2012, 10:45 (Ref:3079136)   #262
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Yeah don't understand that reaction about Lotterer.

I think the real star of the first film was Howden so it was nice to see Leena in this one and the coming of age dynamic. Because in the first one all she was shown doing was swearing on the pitwall! Will definitely watch it again before making the trip across.
There isn't anything rational about what i think of Lottere, or not that i can put my finger on. There is just something about him i dont like
Old 25 May 2012, 15:28 (Ref:3079200)   #263
Lppiesaudi
Rookie

Lppiesaudi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The film has officialy been uploaded in HD onto Youtube by Audi America.

http://audi-motorsport-blog.blogspot.com/2012/05/truth-in-24-ii-officially-on-youtube-in.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27F26UA1i6M
Old 25 May 2012, 18:12 (Ref:3079246)   #264
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
There isn't anything rational about what i think of Lottere, or not that i can put my finger on. There is just something about him i dont like

Strange, but then I don't like broccoli........
Old 25 May 2012, 20:06 (Ref:3079277)   #265
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
just watched it and that was great, I had forgotten just how good that race was and the 1 and a half hours flew past, please everyone watch it before you go and I even enjoyed jason's narration
Old 27 May 2012, 01:19 (Ref:3079713)   #266
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Watched it and it was "meh" as expected, still not buying an Audi..nice try.

And before I'm painted as some sort of unreasonable hater again, Mulsannescorners twitter shows that quite a lot of people feel this way.

These films just aren't documentaries, the cinematography is nice of course but commercials are always visually appealing
Old 27 May 2012, 06:42 (Ref:3079735)   #267
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
You're entitled to your opinion as much as anyone else and if you don't care too much for Audi or think Le Mans should be about GTs or LMP2s then it won't be your cup of tea. You speak as if to imply that there is something wrong about a film about Audi.....being all about Audi.... I enjoyed it hugely and it has set me up superbly for what is to come.....
Old 27 May 2012, 10:38 (Ref:3079814)   #268
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
LMP1 is my favorite class actually, that doesn't change the fact that this film wasn't a documentary, it basically offered zero new insight to what everybody had seen on TV.

Like I said, the pictures are nice and it shows off Le Mans pretty well but there's just so much more you could do with their kind of access, knowledge and money if you make a film like this. But instead they opt for the cheap way of creating a feature-length commercial.

Last year's race was the most exciting Le Mans I can remember and yet this movie seemed to be less exciting than the first one.
Old 27 May 2012, 11:10 (Ref:3079822)   #269
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
LMP1 is my favorite class actually, that doesn't change the fact that this film wasn't a documentary, it basically offered zero new insight to what everybody had seen on TV.

Like I said, the pictures are nice and it shows off Le Mans pretty well but there's just so much more you could do with their kind of access, knowledge and money if you make a film like this. But instead they opt for the cheap way of creating a feature-length commercial.

Last year's race was the most exciting Le Mans I can remember and yet this movie seemed to be less exciting than the first one.
I think it's fair to say it's a documentary of the Audi effort at Le Mans, but not a 2011 Le Mans documentary.
I think i carried new info. Especially concerning the accidents the radio information between Race Engineer and Driver.
(I liked the part concerning the #1 accident)
Old 27 May 2012, 12:18 (Ref:3079846)   #270
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, it's a matter of personal taste and expectations, I guess - it certainly works for me.
Old 27 May 2012, 12:21 (Ref:3079848)   #271
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
De gustibus et coloribus non est disputandum!
Old 27 May 2012, 18:44 (Ref:3080029)   #272
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
You're entitled to your opinion as much as anyone else and if you don't care too much for Audi or think Le Mans should be about GTs or LMP2s then it won't be your cup of tea. You speak as if to imply that there is something wrong about a film about Audi.....being all about Audi.... I enjoyed it hugely and it has set me up superbly for what is to come.....
I'd be quite happy if every team created its own similar advertising film.......!
Old 27 May 2012, 19:26 (Ref:3080055)   #273
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Wouldn't that be good!
Old 27 May 2012, 19:27 (Ref:3080057)   #274
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
No, it wouldn't. Because then we`d end up with 30 PR pieces..

What we need is a large-scale Le Mans documentary made by an independent film maker. Let the manufacturers sponsor it but not influence it.
Old 27 May 2012, 19:48 (Ref:3080074)   #275
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
No, it wouldn't. Because then we`d end up with 30 PR pieces..

What we need is a large-scale Le Mans documentary made by an independent film maker. Let the manufacturers sponsor it but not influence it.
Why should the manufactures sponsor it?

The way i look at it is, either there is an Audi film about their effort, or no film.

I take an Audi film any day.