Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 11 Apr 2000, 23:07 (Ref:3370)   #1
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The second meeting of the year is rapidly approaching...

Interested to see that John Barnard has a new car.. is it the Prosport with a bigger engine??? That should be quick!!

And I shall be interested to see how quick the Nissan Sunny is, in the dry..

Does anyone know how many T-cars there are??

Also, nice to see the MG Midgets - a good time to debut mine (not racing), but that's only if it doesn't break down en-route!!
Old 20 Apr 2000, 18:07 (Ref:3371)   #2
Graham
Veteran

Graham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Seems no-one is replying to this 'un. I was about to post asking whether there was a meeting this weekend, but it seems there is (?)
Not sure whether I'll make it. Hope so.

Does the Anglo-Americans have any old TVR Griffiths in it, or am I thinking of some other series? I know Flemings does.
Old 20 Apr 2000, 18:09 (Ref:3372)   #3
Graham
Veteran

Does anyone have any pics of Bob Light's Ultima (white with orange stripes) that he campaigned several years ago?
Old 20 Apr 2000, 18:42 (Ref:3373)   #4
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.
Lee Purnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't have any pictures of it, but I remember it being the dog's watsits
Old 21 Apr 2000, 21:05 (Ref:3374)   #5
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.
Looks like we could be in for yet another wet race.
Good news for some.....GUS SINGH for example.
Look out for the 4wd cars again!!
Old 22 Apr 2000, 12:49 (Ref:3375)   #6
Graham
Veteran

... but don't look out for Mr Light ... he really needs traction control on that thing ...

I'll be there IF I get to the car first. Mater wishes to go somewhere **** on Monday. I'll have to get up rather early, methinks.
Old 23 Apr 2000, 20:19 (Ref:3376)   #7
Jeff
Rookie

United Kingdom
Bristol, England
Jeff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here Bob Lights Ultima / Chevy ( all 6100cc of it )

Taken in 1996 I think

Old 23 Apr 2000, 22:44 (Ref:3377)   #8
Graham
Veteran

Cheers.

Oh, and it's cool I might just add.

[This message has been edited by Graham (edited 23 April 2000).]
Old 25 Apr 2000, 07:16 (Ref:3378)   #9
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Slightly bored all day...

I was at Old Paddock. Hanlon was lucky to escape at Tower, big crash. And Moon was involved again when williamson went off at Paddock.

Some good races (Formula Fords were the best), but T - cars - who needs them!!!

But best news of the day was that my new Midget didn't break down!!!!
Old 25 Apr 2000, 18:07 (Ref:3379)   #10
Graham
Veteran

Dan,

Ignore my question in another thread.

T-Cars aren't bad - they look okay which is great considering the crapness of most modern saloon design. The lead battle was cool - almost the entire race they were nose to tail; you should have seen them through Bobbies.

Those Midgets were cool. Quite a few dramas at Bobbies. I got quite a few pictures from there.

Do you have to pay for those marshal suits? Bit **** if you do.
Old 26 Apr 2000, 07:13 (Ref:3380)   #11
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
I was marshalling over at the Esses on Monday.. And yes you do have to fork out for those orange suits (Probans), 35 quid!!!!! But mine has lasted seven years now...

Ok, so T - cars are'nt all bad... the lead scrap was good and they do look alright. But they were a bit thin on the ground, and a couple seemed just to be out for a cruise (Lydia Austen)....

Why not just keep in karts, where these guys probably would learn more, have better racing and be somewhat cheaper.. The problem is that due to the age and experience of these racers it's never going to be close racing all down the field because the range of ability..

Midgets were good (always have been), but it's one of those series that one year there's 30 of them and then there only seems to be 15 this year....
Old 26 Apr 2000, 19:08 (Ref:3381)   #12
Graham
Veteran

Dan,

You have to BUY those suits?! Christ, you blokes never cease to amaze me. First you give up your time for free, you risk your lives, you spend your own money to get to the circuit, you stand about in all weathers and then you have to BUY the suits that protect(?) you!

Those circuit owners better be damn grateful.

Lydia Austen, I think, was in the car for the first time on a track. From kart tracks to a full-blown (fast) circuit must be pretty daunting, especially if you don't have experience of driving on the road or having tested a lot beforehand. I'd be scared ****less.

Maybe they've moved up from karts because they've reached the top of their tree in that and need to go to circuits to attract the attentions of circuit-racing teams for their future. There's no point pelting around and around on a kart circuit for three or four years if you're not making any progress.

Oh, and if you think about it, they will have a head-start on their karting competitors when they move up to circuit racing. They're getting all-important experience of British tracks.

Do any of the marshals you know own a red AH Sprite that was parked at Bobbies? Nice car.

[This message has been edited by Graham (edited 26 April 2000).]
Old 27 Apr 2000, 07:49 (Ref:3382)   #13
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Don't know about the Austin Healey.. I guess as the Midgets were racing, it was a member of the public..

Looking forward to this weekend.. plus the debut of a different ALfa series.. with lots of foreigners competing. Does anyone know anymore about this???
Old 27 Apr 2000, 09:24 (Ref:3383)   #14
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.
Not sure about the Alfas, but looking forward to them.
And the Fiats
Talking about T cars, they were quick enough to be in the top 10 of the saloon car cup grid.......!
And they are supposed to be limited speed!!!!