Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 4 Apr 2020, 13:07 (Ref:3968582)   #1126
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Was the Kangaroo annoyed about something?

Could be worse perhaps?

Best to avoid queues for bread in France. Allegedly.
One should always avoid boxing kangaroos.
Old 4 Apr 2020, 13:24 (Ref:3968586)   #1127
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
I think EB had to replace a door mirror on his Alfa. The new version shows a local warning saying: Caution, kangaroos may be closer than appear in the mirror!

You know French Bob, do you? One famous union leader is calling for strike in May or June, depending on the virus situation. We call this kind of gonzo "un responsable politique".

As to queuing for a baguette, we've just been told to stock them and buy once a week. Our fridges are already full. May be I should remove some "paper" from mine, was keeping it to get fresh news…
Old 4 Apr 2020, 13:37 (Ref:3968588)   #1128
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
One should always avoid boxing kangaroos.
Is that why they put them in cages?
Old 4 Apr 2020, 15:06 (Ref:3968607)   #1129
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Is that why they put them in cages?
No Viv, they keep them tied down - Sport.
Old 4 Apr 2020, 15:30 (Ref:3968614)   #1130
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Mind you, there is a safety notice currently issued that one should watch the wallaby's feet.
Old 4 Apr 2020, 15:31 (Ref:3968615)   #1131
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
No Viv, they keep them tied down - Sport.
Touché (or as Gerard would say, touch!)
Old 4 Apr 2020, 15:53 (Ref:3968620)   #1132
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Touché (or as Gerard would say, touch!)
For those who are too young, or have short memories;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RviuTfdfArM
Old 4 Apr 2020, 16:28 (Ref:3968628)   #1133
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I suspect most of us have enough recall thanks Baub.
Old 4 Apr 2020, 16:31 (Ref:3968629)   #1134
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Touché is absolutely perfect, Viva. Congrats!
I remember wearing Diadora race boots. Wonderful but when hot, they sting! I've been told they're made with kangaroo skin but very much doubt that because they never made me fast!!
Old 4 Apr 2020, 16:53 (Ref:3968633)   #1135
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Iain is this the sort of thing you can do?
https://tentenths.com/forum/showpost...postcount=2351
Old 4 Apr 2020, 17:21 (Ref:3968640)   #1136
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I'm lucky that I can actually walk out of my house onto open countryside, however this happened today !https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyLFbkpoHoY
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 4 Apr 2020, 17:30 (Ref:3968642)   #1137
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
Iain is this the sort of thing you can do?
https://tentenths.com/forum/showpost...postcount=2351
Yes we can but not until this winter coming .
Old 4 Apr 2020, 17:31 (Ref:3968643)   #1138
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
You know the delta moto. What man made man can repair .
Old 4 Apr 2020, 17:34 (Ref:3968645)   #1139
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Anyway do you mind , I am watching Le Mans .” Check the rear uprights on 20.21.22. I’m chasing down the Ferrari so go away . 🤣
Old 4 Apr 2020, 18:22 (Ref:3968653)   #1140
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Can you be faster than Delanay?
Old 4 Apr 2020, 18:35 (Ref:3968656)   #1141
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Jealous.
Old 4 Apr 2020, 22:10 (Ref:3968676)   #1142
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Can you be faster than Delanay?
or Ken Miles?

KM Quote: after a hard fought win:

I dialled all the numbers in the phone book!
Old 5 Apr 2020, 04:25 (Ref:3968701)   #1143
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Old 5 Apr 2020, 10:09 (Ref:3968733)   #1144
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I remember wearing Diadora race boots. Wonderful but when hot, they sting! I've been told they're made with kangaroo skin but very much doubt that because they never made me fast!!
I understood that a lot of motorcycle racing leathers are made from kangaroo skin so presumably any "heat" problems are unfounded.
Old 5 Apr 2020, 10:13 (Ref:3968735)   #1145
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Yes and do you know how to spot them?
They have a large pocket at front! D'où l'expression, avec un kangourou l'affaire est dans la poche!
We all know that the best enemy of the kangaroos are the pick-pockets!
Old 5 Apr 2020, 10:23 (Ref:3968741)   #1146
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The long tail appendage is also a giveaway.
Old 5 Apr 2020, 10:30 (Ref:3968743)   #1147
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Cant say, it didn't come with the boots. Obviously!
Old 5 Apr 2020, 11:10 (Ref:3968747)   #1148
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm sure I've put this on before but I've recently come across it again. It always makes me smile:
Attached Thumbnails
DSCF6285MSJT.jpg  
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 5 Apr 2020, 11:56 (Ref:3968754)   #1149
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yes and do you know how to spot them?
They have a large pocket at front! D'où l'expression, avec un kangourou l'affaire est dans la poche!
We all know that the best enemy of the kangaroos are the pick-pockets!
Talking about kangaroos , I just had to upload this one .

https://ibb.co/qgzts3j
Old 5 Apr 2020, 11:57 (Ref:3968755)   #1150
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
I'm sure I've put this on before but I've recently come across it again. It always makes me smile:
looks like Snett collecting area access road. Who was in the wrong- I’m guessing the Zephyr?.............