Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 6 Nov 2017, 16:19 (Ref:3779043)   #1
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Opinion - Another Article about nascar inventing the wheel!

What else is new? When North Americas largest motorsport has a fanbase so willing and able to turn a blind eye to bad press and marketing, you get articles of gold like this! As a disgruntled former Nascar super fan (Winston Cup Era), this article caused my eyes to roll so far to the back of my head that it is a miracle that I can even see what I am typing as of this moment.

Where do I begin? Let's start with some New York Post/Times reject writing for one of those irrelevant "trendy" online news sites being paid for a day to come up for a nascar race whilst forgoing worthwhile research on the subject matter to publish an article in regards to how nascar has practically re-invented the wheel with its progressive initiatives! WOO nascar!

Never mind the fact that the author doesn't have the wherewithal to ask how to properly spell Danica's name, or the title sponsor of the WHELEN Modified Tour, the very series that the driver that he interviews, Melissa Fifield, actively drives in!!

But go ahead, tell me again how "nascar is the ONLY motorsport where women compete with the men and hold their own", and how no other series on the face of this planet has been this progressive for say...gee, I don't know, the past 70 years? Lyn St. James, Michele Mouton and Lella Lombardi might as well have never set foot in a race car according to this author.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/theyre...y-totally-rock

Last edited by Nick Woodbury; 6 Nov 2017 at 16:28.
Old 6 Nov 2017, 20:54 (Ref:3779088)   #2
WestCoast
Rookie

Canada
Great White North
WestCoast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's an actual Champion ...
http://www.christinanielsenracing.com/
Old 7 Nov 2017, 14:30 (Ref:3779261)   #3
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Not to mention NHRA...
Old 7 Nov 2017, 14:31 (Ref:3779262)   #4
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
But go ahead, tell me again how "nascar is the ONLY motorsport where women compete with the men and hold their own"
The actual quote is "it's the only sport where the women compete directly with the men and hold their own"; so, not just motor sport but all sport.

Later in the article it says, however: "the motorsport’s minor league is perhaps the only place in American professional sports where female athletes compete with men on a level footing", so we've gone from all sport to one discipline, limited it to the USA & introduced an element of doubt.

To me, that article epitomises two things: sloppy, uninformed "journalism" & American parochialism.
Old 9 Nov 2017, 14:18 (Ref:3779615)   #5
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Completely out of touch

I know young kids in their early teens who compete with each other in short oval racing, there is no mention of gender, they just race each other like a group of people work together in an office.

They hit just as hard, are just as likely to exact retribution and have the racecraft and desire of the boys.

As with so many sports though, when they hut 16/17......