Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 19 Dec 2019, 09:24 (Ref:3947484)   #1
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Banned.

I see my picture parade has been closed, so thank you for all of the kind remarks, and I hope you all enjoyed it while it lasted.

Cheers,

bauble.
Old 19 Dec 2019, 10:13 (Ref:3947496)   #2
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I see my picture parade has been closed, so thank you for all of the kind remarks, and I hope you all enjoyed it while it lasted.

Cheers,

bauble.
Oh dear! I wonder why?
Old 19 Dec 2019, 10:14 (Ref:3947497)   #3
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Shurely Shum Mistake?
I really enjoyed the pictures and the comments, I can't see why it should have been closed?
Old 19 Dec 2019, 10:28 (Ref:3947501)   #4
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Age discrimination?
Old 19 Dec 2019, 10:29 (Ref:3947503)   #5
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Cheers,

bauble.
Obviously too popular Bob.

Probably putting significant extra volumes of traffic onto the server.

I used to use Photobucket back in the day when their business model was to attract users in preparation for creating a marketing database.

Then it became part of something else, was dropped off that and ended up as a much smaller operation that wanted to charge a lot of money for an annual account with what looked like quite limited capacity and not really great functionality.

Anyway, about 3 year ago - maybe 4 - they started to discourage the free user brigade by capping storage and usage in general. Fair enough on a commercial basis but a but of a pain for the very casual user.

More recently the latest management have tried pestering people to pay up with notice of intent to remove the service prefaced by adding their watermarks to images being served to the 'net but from a non-subscription account.

As I had not added anything for a long time and could not imagine there would be much activity on any posts these days I could not see any point in signing up. However even now a year later I keep occasionally see a mail urging me to take action on some pretext or other.

I assume that either they are simply hassling randomly when they feel the need to do so or the mail is prompted by some genuine activity as they see it.

If it is genuine activity that makes me wonder if the main driver for the activity could be web bots from the larger search engines. I cannot image it would be genuine human user initiated searches on some old forum threads or individuals who may have links from a number of years ago suddenly using them again.

So that thought leads me to ponder how much storage hardware and processing capacity is deployed around the world simply to feed the 'bot's insatiable searches.

All of which requires reliable energy, the creation of which (we are told) is destroying the planet.

It's a funny old world.

Who would have thought that the invention of photography would eventually lead to the destruction of humanity?

(OK, I may have stretched a point a little there but hopefully people will get my drift.)
Old 19 Dec 2019, 10:41 (Ref:3947505)   #6
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
One of the best threads in years, come on mods unlock it and let us start again.
Old 19 Dec 2019, 10:48 (Ref:3947506)   #7
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bob, you could start picture parade 2.
Old 19 Dec 2019, 11:07 (Ref:3947507)   #8
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Anyway Baub. Now your 'parcel' has arrived you can do something far more interesting...
Old 19 Dec 2019, 11:23 (Ref:3947511)   #9
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I have not received any indication of why the thread was closed down, but it is entirely within the 'owners' prerogative to do so. I am sure there is good reason, and as a guest on the site I would not argue with their decision.

I could post a link to a Google album instead, as I am sure that would not cause a problem to the site. I must admit it gives me a buzz to know that the pictures are appreciated, and that they just don't sit on a computer unseen.

Watch this space.
Old 19 Dec 2019, 11:25 (Ref:3947512)   #10
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Anyway Baub. Now your 'parcel' has arrived you can do something far more interesting...
Yes, thank you Viv (and Mrs Butty), luckily I had the welding gear handy to open the package.

A report will be issued at a date nearer Christmas, possibly from the Isolation Ward.
Old 19 Dec 2019, 11:27 (Ref:3947513)   #11
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
I have not received any indication of why the thread was closed down, but it is entirely within the 'owners' prerogative to do so. I am sure there is good reason, and as a guest on the site I would not argue with their decision.

I could post a link to a Google album instead, as I am sure that would not cause a problem to the site. I must admit it gives me a buzz to know that the pictures are appreciated, and that they just don't sit on a computer unseen.

Watch this space.
Please do Baub, although i have hardly commented myself I've enjoyed seeing the pictures and reading the comments they have provoked. Having read grantp's post, I wonder if there's a storage issue? Pictures take up much more memory than words (but then each on is worth 100 of the other so they say).
Old 19 Dec 2019, 11:36 (Ref:3947517)   #12
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Bob, you’re obviously not banned as you’re still able to post!

As to why the pictures thread was locked, and by whom, I have no idea. It certainly wasn’t done by any of the usual HRT mods......

Rest assured, we’re trying to find out what is going on.
Old 19 Dec 2019, 11:38 (Ref:3947519)   #13
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Extremely sad about this decision, thank you for a great thread and better pictures Bauble. Hope there is good news on this front soon!
Old 19 Dec 2019, 11:57 (Ref:3947524)   #14
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Whilst we investigate I've unlocked it.
Old 19 Dec 2019, 12:23 (Ref:3947531)   #15
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Open again. Thank you Peter.
Old 19 Dec 2019, 13:29 (Ref:3947548)   #16
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ok, this thread can be locked now since we've solved the problem.