Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 17 Sep 2011, 17:20 (Ref:2956931)   #1
yap
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
yap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
V8 Supercars boss urges stars to show more passion and fire

Story here

Quote:
Cochrane told The Sunday Telegraph that he loved some of the more controversial incidents, such as the famous fist-pumping episode between Mark Skaife and Russell Ingall, and Marcos Ambrose saluting the crowd from a wall after an Eastern Creek win
Trying to spice things up for our American friends ahead of Bathurst
Old 17 Sep 2011, 20:54 (Ref:2957054)   #2
xrystl
Racer

Pitcairn Islands
gold coast
xrystl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Certainly took them a long time to figure out that the racing (entertainment) had become "clinical and boring" , IMHO there is hardly anything worth remembering about the series so far this season except for the huge gaps between events .
Keep talking the series up Tony , there's millions and millions (Cochrane accounting used) of fans out there hanging out for the next event .
Old 17 Sep 2011, 21:31 (Ref:2957103)   #3
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrystl View Post
IMHO there is hardly anything worth remembering about the series so far this season except for the huge gaps between events .
For me the most memorable part of the year has been the pitlane repair race between Jim Beam and 888.

Oh wait a sec. That was last year...........
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 17 Sep 2011, 21:32 (Ref:2957105)   #4
yap
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
yap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Facebook is up 200 per cent
If they are meaning the official V8 Supercars Facebook page - today's total "Likes" are 167,474

Maybe coz there isn't a button you can press to "DisLike" it
Old 17 Sep 2011, 22:06 (Ref:2957134)   #5
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter View Post
For me the most memorable part of the year has been the pitlane repair race between Jim Beam and 888.

Oh wait a sec. That was last year...........
That was good, you would have thought watching 2 cars get repaired in a garage could be edge of the seat stuff.

Your right about big gaps between rounds. There should be a round EVERY 2 weeks to keep continuity with the fans, print media and TV. If they do need a 4 week break like leading up to the enduros, then put a Fujitsu round in between.
While it would put extra pressure (and financial) on the teams, the current gaps between rounds I think is a bigger problem in terms of interest.

Maybe TC could get the NRL's David Gallop to talk to the drivers about 'passion' !
Old 17 Sep 2011, 22:09 (Ref:2957137)   #6
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I agree with Cocho, (naturally will say some, but i dont always agree)

the problem is that even this year we have had the whole burn out sage (will we wont we) why didnt he stand up then and tell up that we should let the boys show their passion.

Why didnt he stand up in 03 and make sure ingall gets off his over officious penalty.

And then you come to a forum , like this, and as soon as someone shows a bit off personality the people on the forum come down on him like a ton off bricks bagging him out and sledging him and writing to sponsors.

We try and sanitise drivers as much as possible and then complain because its too sanitised
Old 17 Sep 2011, 22:30 (Ref:2957165)   #7
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
I agree with Cocho, (naturally will say some, but i dont always agree)

the problem is that even this year we have had the whole burn out sage (will we wont we) why didnt he stand up then and tell up that we should let the boys show their passion.

Why didnt he stand up in 03 and make sure ingall gets off his over officious penalty.

And then you come to a forum , like this, and as soon as someone shows a bit off personality the people on the forum come down on him like a ton off bricks bagging him out and sledging him and writing to sponsors.

We try and sanitise drivers as much as possible and then complain because its too sanitised
No peckstar, the goodam over-abundance of the stupid rules the Cochrane et el have put in place for the series have made it "too sanitised". People go crook at CAMS officials, but they are only enforcing the rules as set by the category, and then collect the cash and feed it back to the V8 managment.

I actually thought you knew more than this about how the V8's are run - hmmm, never mind.

The V8 circus has rules made up by the category of which Cochrane et el oversee, how can you be so blind not to see that is is just nothing more than another bull-**** publicity effort from Cochrane, anyway, I though he was going away?
Old 17 Sep 2011, 22:36 (Ref:2957168)   #8
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
I think we are agreeing Big Trev about the rules

But i also think that the 2nd part of my post is also just as relevant

We have had people on here writing to sponsors complaining as soon as a bit of passion is shown, and also bad mouthing as soon as any sort of personality is shown
Old 18 Sep 2011, 06:45 (Ref:2957488)   #9
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Think cocho needs to have a chat to his commentators

Lowndes touched Giz up in the warm up, giz pays back on the next corner and then gives lowndes a mouthful

so who does crompton defend why the old guy and tells us how bad giz is

and ther my friends is why the drivers are so sanitised
Old 18 Sep 2011, 07:48 (Ref:2957512)   #10
Oran Park Forever
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
Oran Park Forever should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOran Park Forever should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOran Park Forever should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Crompton is the worst offender when it comes to sanitised, boring as bat s--t commentary. He's a 'gentleman racer' turned 'gentleman commentator' so he's forever sounding like the proverbial school teacher insisting that all the kids (drivers) play nice......especially around his 'favourite' students!!!
Problem is he's the main voice so it's always going to sound boring as there's nothing firey or passionate about endlessly quoting fuel burn numbers & normalising tyre pressures & yada frickin yadaaa.!

Quote of the day (if not year so far) from Phillip Is.
Lowndes: "Not bad for a couple of old farts!"

Old 18 Sep 2011, 11:33 (Ref:2957586)   #11
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Think cocho needs to have a chat to his commentators
I know commentators are 'supposed' to be impartial, but what credibility would there be in the commentary if the series management start telling the commentators what they can and can't say (the commentators kiss the series backside enough as it is)
Old 18 Sep 2011, 11:44 (Ref:2957588)   #12
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Our commentators are not impartial, one of them owned the factory team and races for a team.

the other ex driver was a team mate to a driver involved in the incident referred to above.

Be sure as you pointed out the the commentators are told to kiss the series backside, its not a big step to say, hey stop bagging out the drivers for showing a bit of personailty

Surely
Old 18 Sep 2011, 11:59 (Ref:2957596)   #13
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is Crompton also connected to the Lowndes management team.....feathering ones nest?
Old 18 Sep 2011, 12:27 (Ref:2957605)   #14
rik
Veteran

rik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It! View Post
Is Crompton also connected to the Lowndes management team.....feathering ones nest?
Really? I thought he was connected to Courtney?
Old 19 Sep 2011, 02:10 (Ref:2957832)   #15
Bevan-L
Veteran

Australia-Aboriginal
Can-Brah!!
Bevan-L should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Needs more Matt Neal vs Jason Plato.
Old 19 Sep 2011, 02:33 (Ref:2957835)   #16
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevan-L View Post
Needs more Matt Neal vs Jason Plato.
Or Longhusrt vs Morris
Old 19 Sep 2011, 03:22 (Ref:2957841)   #17
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F J Nedos View Post
Or Longhusrt vs Morris
Or Arnoux vs Villeneuve... Wait, that was actual racing... Sorry.
Old 19 Sep 2011, 04:44 (Ref:2957852)   #18
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Vettel's gearbox preparing bench
formerf1champ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tony Cockrane should just shut his mouth for a change.
Old 20 Sep 2011, 05:53 (Ref:2958326)   #19
Bevan-L
Veteran

Australia-Aboriginal
Can-Brah!!
Bevan-L should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerf1champ View Post
Tony Cockrane should just shut his mouth for a change.
Pls leave my uncle Tony out of this!