Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 2 Oct 2021, 19:28 (Ref:4076708)   #26
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Who has he got simulating a swing of a handbag?
posh?
Old 2 Oct 2021, 19:58 (Ref:4076714)   #27
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
posh?
At ginger?
Old 3 Oct 2021, 14:35 (Ref:4076833)   #28
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Horner is currently writing to the FIA to get a technical directive clarification on the use of a purse within a handbag.
He could always borrow the sow's ear from Haas...... ?
Old 4 Oct 2021, 18:08 (Ref:4076960)   #29
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Instead of that silly knee bending before the race, perhaps they could pub a large paddling pool on the circuit with a pole across and give them each a pillow. Would let them work out all that aggression and give us all a laugh.
Old 4 Oct 2021, 18:29 (Ref:4076963)   #30
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Instead of that silly knee bending before the race, perhaps they could pub a large paddling pool on the circuit with a pole across and give them each a pillow. Would let them work out all that aggression and give us all a laugh.
GLADIATORS, READYYYYYYYY!
CONTENDERS, READY!!!!!!!
Old 4 Oct 2021, 18:42 (Ref:4076964)   #31
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The Wolff v. The Horn!
Old 27 Nov 2021, 13:10 (Ref:4085622)   #32
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Verstappen showing his immaturity in comments to the press?

"I’m not allowed to touch a rear wing anymore, that’s for sure. If you do, you have to pay a big fine, but apparently it’s cheaper to drive without the belts. So I’ll think about it,”
Old 27 Nov 2021, 13:47 (Ref:4085626)   #33
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
The Wolff v. The Horn!
Old 27 Nov 2021, 18:22 (Ref:4085651)   #34
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Verstappen showing his immaturity in comments to the press?

"I’m not allowed to touch a rear wing anymore, that’s for sure. If you do, you have to pay a big fine, but apparently it’s cheaper to drive without the belts. So I’ll think about it,”

Both have been punished for minor indiscretions that didn’t happen in race conditions. Yes he need not mouth off to the press like that
Old 27 Nov 2021, 18:55 (Ref:4085654)   #35
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Both have been punished for minor indiscretions that didn’t happen in race conditions. Yes he need not mouth off to the press like that
He's learned from the best in the business....
Old 27 Nov 2021, 22:44 (Ref:4085679)   #36
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
There is an art to witty trolling. Verstappen doesn’t have it. Vettel does. Hamilton I’m not sure does humour at all
Old 27 Nov 2021, 23:18 (Ref:4085687)   #37
Beau2
Racer

Beau2 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
How old was Lewis when he made the infamous "maybe it's because I'm black" comment after receiving a deserved penalty?
Old 27 Nov 2021, 23:32 (Ref:4085690)   #38
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau2 View Post
How old was Lewis when he made the infamous "maybe it's because I'm black" comment after receiving a deserved penalty?
Old 28 Nov 2021, 00:16 (Ref:4085695)   #39
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I’m hoping my respect for Max grows as he does in the same way it did for Lewis. He has further to go, but experience and life often helps. Although Jos.
Old 28 Nov 2021, 08:38 (Ref:4085736)   #40
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
But considering he's got Karen Horner and Dr Marko helping stroke his ego, he might need to go to another team in order to mature
Old 28 Nov 2021, 09:53 (Ref:4085742)   #41
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
But considering he's got Karen Horner and Dr Marko helping stroke his ego, he might need to go to another team in order to mature
That was what I meant by learning from the best......
Old 6 Dec 2021, 22:36 (Ref:4087377)   #42
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
As a mostly neutral fan it's been really entertaining and one of the best seasons I've watched.

I just wish there was a third option to support to win the title this weekend

Definitely prefer Max over Lewis but he's been a bit of a tool.
Old 8 Dec 2021, 18:46 (Ref:4087769)   #43
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Handbags is probably a bit tame in the thread title, but hopefully it is accurate this weekend.

For my thoughts on what will happen:
I can't see Verstappen going into the race with a plan to take out Lewis.
But - I can see there being an incident on track where Max and Lewis are competing for a position, and in a rash - instinctive moment Max does something that the majority think is unsporting. The actions causes them both to suffer damage and pit - Lewis's damage however is only sufficient to cause him to finish in P8 / P9, whereas Max is unable to get out of the top 15 and so Lewis takes the title by a very narrow margin.
Old 8 Dec 2021, 21:37 (Ref:4087791)   #44
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Handbags is probably a bit tame in the thread title, but hopefully it is accurate this weekend.

For my thoughts on what will happen:
I can't see Verstappen going into the race with a plan to take out Lewis.
But - I can see there being an incident on track where Max and Lewis are competing for a position, and in a rash - instinctive moment Max does something that the majority think is unsporting. The actions causes them both to suffer damage and pit - Lewis's damage however is only sufficient to cause him to finish in P8 / P9, whereas Max is unable to get out of the top 15 and so Lewis takes the title by a very narrow margin.
If neither finish then Max takes it on countback so I think that might be the 'wisdom' from Marko and Jos.
If its a rash 'instinctive' move you are already thinking on the wrong side of the dividing line between right and wrong. If Max is in that place he's already wrong. Its not what good F1 motor racing is about.

But we'll know in five days what happened and either be talking about it or wanting to put the year behind us.....
Old 9 Dec 2021, 01:31 (Ref:4087822)   #45
Beau2
Racer

If Max sticks a wheel up the inside of Lewis and locks a brake or under steers into him, which causes Hamilton to DNF then it is no different to Silverstone. Max of course should receive an appropriate penalty (likely to be 10s) but he still leaves the event as a deserved Champion. The consequences of a mistake can't be a higher priority when considering a punishment just because it is the last race.
Old 9 Dec 2021, 01:39 (Ref:4087824)   #46
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
If Max sticks a wheel up the inside of Lewis and locks a brake or under steers into him, which causes Hamilton to DNF then it is no different to Silverstone. Max of course should receive an appropriate penalty (likely to be 10s) but he still leaves the event as a deserved Champion. The consequences of a mistake can't be a higher priority when considering a punishment just because it is the last race.
Hamilton might not turn in as much (like in Brazil) and then I presume Verstappen gets the penalty, but Hamilton might still win.

Not that Silverstone and Interlagos are the same. The later was a driver forcing another wide where the outer driver had sense to avoid a collision. The first the outside driver didn't have that sense.
Old 9 Dec 2021, 01:46 (Ref:4087827)   #47
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
The consequences of a mistake can't be a higher priority when considering a punishment just because it is the last race.
Not that i entirely disagree, but way cant a late season/last race penalty be more severe?

As the stakes go up then so to does both the rewards and consequences???
Old 9 Dec 2021, 01:50 (Ref:4087828)   #48
Beau2
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Hamilton might not turn in as much (like in Brazil) and then I presume Verstappen gets the penalty, but Hamilton might still win.

Not that Silverstone and Interlagos are the same. The later was a driver forcing another wide where the outer driver had sense to avoid a collision. The first the outside driver didn't have that sense.
I disagree with your last statement. I don't want to make another micro analysis of the Silverstone situation but the collision was predominantly caused (as per the stewards report) due to Lewis' under steer not because Max turned in. Sometimes a defending driver can not avoid being caught up in a mistake by someone else.
Old 9 Dec 2021, 01:58 (Ref:4087830)   #49
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Yes. If Hamilton had turned in more at Interlagos the accident would have been predominantly caused by Verstappen.

At Silverstone Verstappen could have not tightened the steering angle further like he did.
Old 9 Dec 2021, 01:59 (Ref:4087831)   #50
Beau2
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Not that i entirely disagree, but way cant a late season/last race penalty be more severe?

As the stakes go up then so to does both the rewards and consequences???
Because whilst the stakes go up the effect on the Championship is the same. A 25 point gain at Silverstone due to a mistake is ultimately the same as a 25 point gain at Abu Dhabi due to a mistake. The only difference is that there is no basis for a replying action.

A cynical red card foul in a football match wouldn't see the offending player punished more because it happened during the 90th minute; or alternatively in a World Cup final instead of the group stages.

Last edited by Beau2; 9 Dec 2021 at 02:23.
Closed Thread