Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Aug 2021, 09:19 (Ref:4071149)   #26
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
But by buying Haas, aren't you effectively buying an 'operator' than a 'constructor', what resources does Haas currently have to design and largely build an F1 car themselves. It would (should) be a cheaper purchase price due to that reason and as you day the jury is out on if this type of semi B team actually works for the second team overall.
I get your point. It depends upon the purchase price. You would expect someone using a Haas business model to sell for less.

Richard
Old 5 Sep 2021, 09:12 (Ref:4072122)   #27
Kato
Rookie

Australia
Australia
Kato should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do it Michael, go for it. We will watch and wait.
Old 9 Oct 2021, 05:29 (Ref:4077569)   #28
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
More smoke about Andretti and Sauber.

https://racer.com/2021/10/08/andrett...lks-in-austin/

Richard
Old 9 Oct 2021, 07:45 (Ref:4077577)   #29
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
The plot thickens...
Old 9 Oct 2021, 14:40 (Ref:4077613)   #30
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
More smoke about Andretti and Sauber.

https://racer.com/2021/10/08/andrett...lks-in-austin/

Richard

And even more smoke.... in the new hint of Herta to Alfa.(Sauber)

https://twitter.com/dmotorsport/stat...-alfa-romeo%2F

EDIT: Try this for it in English

[Herta emerges as shock front-runner for Alfa Romeo seat

Last edited by E.B; 9 Oct 2021 at 14:43. Reason: Added extra link
Old 10 Oct 2021, 10:10 (Ref:4077742)   #31
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I would like to see Herta in F1, so this would be great news
Old 10 Oct 2021, 10:21 (Ref:4077744)   #32
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I would like to see Herta in F1, so this would be great news
Would he qualify for a Superlicence?
Old 10 Oct 2021, 10:32 (Ref:4077746)   #33
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Would he qualify for a Superlicence?
With 32 superlicense points accumulated over the last three seasons in IndyCar, he currently falls short of the magic 40 superlicense points required to be eligible for Formula 1. However, because he has reached 30 points, he is eligible to receive special dispensation from the FIA to join the 2022 grid.
Old 10 Oct 2021, 13:56 (Ref:4077797)   #34
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Can I interest anyone in a toaster…?

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 10 Oct 2021, 14:51 (Ref:4077828)   #35
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I get your point. It depends upon the purchase price. You would expect someone using a Haas business model to sell for less.

Richard

In this article it says: ''Andretti Acquisitions Corporation was set-up earlier this year with the goal of raising $250m (£185m) from an initial IPO, however it is expected that much more than that figure would be required for a takeover of Sauber.''

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/a...er-to-enter-f1
Old 10 Oct 2021, 21:25 (Ref:4077899)   #36
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
In this article it says: ''Andretti Acquisitions Corporation was set-up earlier this year with the goal of raising $250m (£185m) from an initial IPO, however it is expected that much more than that figure would be required for a takeover of Sauber.''

Are they not going after a majority shareholding and not complete take over though?
Old 10 Oct 2021, 21:26 (Ref:4077900)   #37
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post

I wondered if they were looking to fold the existing Andretti racing businesses into that legal entity, including the Indy team and Supercar JVs before hunting for Sauber.

The price is also likely to be determined by the debt load of the team and it’s holding companies..
Old 11 Oct 2021, 13:03 (Ref:4078016)   #38
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I believe he is trying to keep the various entities separate, a couple of his Indy entries are actually a "separate" team but run by them. I didn't see anything that showed Andretti Acquisitions was going to absorb the other efforts but rather was a fundraising investment group only.
Old 11 Oct 2021, 13:21 (Ref:4078019)   #39
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I believe he is trying to keep the various entities separate, a couple of his Indy entries are actually a "separate" team but run by them. I didn't see anything that showed Andretti Acquisitions was going to absorb the other efforts but rather was a fundraising investment group only.
I agree that there are many reasons to keep them separate.

Richard
Old 21 Oct 2021, 14:04 (Ref:4079351)   #40
Richard C
Veteran

More smoke.

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/96703...r-factory.html

Apparently Michael Andretti has been seen touring the Sauber Factory.

I have also heard there may be talk (maybe purely fan generated) on getting Colton Herta some F1 FP1 time before end of this season.

Richard
Old 21 Oct 2021, 17:18 (Ref:4079376)   #41
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
https://racer.com/2021/10/19/no-andr...-cota-weekend/

Emphasis on "trying".
Old 21 Oct 2021, 23:30 (Ref:4079413)   #42
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Can I interest anyone in a toaster…?

Are trying to awaken some demon from the past?

JK-it was the first thing I thought of when the concept of Andretti [I]starting[I] a team was mentioned. Maybe Andretti and Team have more of everything needed that Anderson lacked at USF1?
Old 22 Oct 2021, 00:31 (Ref:4079419)   #43
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don’t know if this is relevant, but last Friday Andretti opened an auto tire store up the road from me. They change tyres in F1…
Old 22 Oct 2021, 06:39 (Ref:4079434)   #44
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I don’t know if this is relevant, but last Friday Andretti opened an auto tire store up the road from me. They change tyres in F1…
Wow! I think you've blown his cover here!
Old 22 Oct 2021, 09:38 (Ref:4079440)   #45
S griffin
Veteran

Funny that Andretti is interested in buying a team whose livery is red and white, considering that was the same colour the McLaren he drove in 93! You'd think he wouldn't want to be reminded of that. Or maybe he doesn't want the Alfa Romeo name in F1 after it pretty much finished off his father Mario's team....
Old 22 Oct 2021, 20:06 (Ref:4079490)   #46
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Old 22 Oct 2021, 21:18 (Ref:4079494)   #47
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Actually it was his Dad
Old 24 Oct 2021, 22:29 (Ref:4079833)   #48
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
Are trying to awaken some demon from the past?

JK-it was the first thing I thought of when the concept of Andretti [I]starting[I] a team was mentioned. Maybe Andretti and Team have more of everything needed that Anderson lacked at USF1?
Mr Windsor is still around.. could be useful for press mongering

Now if only we could work Rich Energy into the mix somehow....
Old 24 Oct 2021, 23:30 (Ref:4079836)   #49
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Mr Windsor is still around.. could be useful for press mongering

Now if only we could work Rich Energy into the mix somehow....
You are a Conjurer, aren't you?
Old 26 Oct 2021, 21:44 (Ref:4080214)   #50
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
You are a Conjurer, aren't you?
An Conjuring Alchemist... creating something from a few lonely specs of dust