Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 17 Mar 2009, 10:36 (Ref:2417261)   #1
Gerry Taylor
Veteran

Gerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Gordon Spice Biography (Threads Merged)

Hi, Gerry Taylor here. Gordy has his brand new biography available. Should you wish to obtain a copy then contact me, and I will forward your request to Gordy.
Gerry.
Old 17 Mar 2009, 10:42 (Ref:2417267)   #2
Gerry Taylor
Veteran

Gerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
GORDON SPICE BIOGRAPHY NOW AVAILABLE.

Hi everyone, I thought I had lost touch with Gordy after all this time. But, out of the blue, this morning I recieved an e-mail. In it he tells me he has had cancer, and whilst going through this he set to and completed his biography.
Should be terrific reading. Until I am told by the Moderators that I can give details of the book and the price and where it can be obtained, anyone interested please pm me.
Thanks, guys.
Gerry.
Old 17 Mar 2009, 13:50 (Ref:2417361)   #3
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Written by the great and respected Jeremy Walton as far as I'm aware, so it should be entertaining and full of genuine information...
Old 17 Mar 2009, 19:08 (Ref:2417648)   #4
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Written by the great and respected Jeremy Walton as far as I'm aware, so it should be entertaining and full of genuine information...
Yep i will 2nd that having read his book on the Capri.
Old 18 Mar 2009, 04:47 (Ref:2417989)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He also wrote "Only Here For The Beer".
Old 18 Mar 2009, 09:27 (Ref:2418097)   #6
Gerry Taylor
Veteran

Signed Copy Anyone?

Gordy tells me that if anyone lives close to Old Windsor, and his home, he will sell them a copy from his own stock, and will sign it with any suitable message. But you will have to collect from Gordy himself. The cost will be just £15.!
pm me for details of where to collect from.
Gerry.
Old 18 Mar 2009, 13:55 (Ref:2418272)   #7
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
More information about the book on Jeremy Walton's website (which is well worth a look anyway...)
http://www.jwarthog.com/Pages/News.html
Old 19 Mar 2009, 09:31 (Ref:2419081)   #8
nycuk
Veteran

England
Banbury, Oxfordshire, England
nycuk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Taylor View Post
Gordy tells me that if anyone lives close to Old Windsor, and his home, he will sell them a copy from his own stock, and will sign it with any suitable message. But you will have to collect from Gordy himself. The cost will be just £15.!
Gerry.
Gerry, your inbox won't accept any PM's as it's apparently full! Obviously a popular book!
Old 19 Mar 2009, 10:16 (Ref:2419124)   #9
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Taylor View Post
Gerry.
Me and my mate Alan Morgan "he worked for Gordon" would like to take him up on the offer. Whats the next step.
Old 19 Mar 2009, 10:36 (Ref:2419137)   #10
Gerry Taylor
Veteran

NEXT STEP to obtain signed copy of book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Me and my mate Alan Morgan "he worked for Gordon" would like to take him up on the offer. Whats the next step.
If you want a signed copy, please pm me. My In-Box is now accepting mail. Remember! Signed copies are only available from Gordy himself. I will supply details to interested people if they contact me by pm.
Thanks everyone.
Gerry.
Old 26 Mar 2009, 10:24 (Ref:2425134)   #11
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
My copy of Life of Spice arrived on Tuesday, it looks an excellent read, with lots of interesting photographs too. (I just wish I had the time to read it...)
Old 6 Apr 2009, 15:15 (Ref:2435223)   #12
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Mine arrived today, sadly it arrived some 2000 miles from here.
Old 6 Apr 2009, 15:18 (Ref:2435226)   #13
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
I'm slowly reading mine (don't want to rush through and finish it too quickly), and it really is an entertaining read.
Lots of things I'd forgotten about, and others I knew nothing about.
Loads of really good photographs as well for us nostalgia fanatics!
Old 10 Jun 2009, 19:29 (Ref:2479531)   #14
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Yep read it. It was fun reading about the non pc things like HIAWS (you'll have to read about it). Some of the names mentioned appear on 10s too. I'd completely forgotten two of his Group C championships.

Overall an excellent read.