Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 10 Feb 2021, 09:16 (Ref:4034416)   #251
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post

It seems to me that currently, the greater threat to attending the race this summer is whether the UK government rescinds the legislation announced yesterday, which would require us all to spend time in quarantine upon our return.
That's from a British point of view.

The race is planned to take place in France where the question is whether the government will allow events attracting large crowds of spectators in June, or if not in September with or without spectators

In practice the ACO has to make a decision no later than early April and if the situation then is still serious enough to require a quarantine on international arrivals in the UK I can't see the race taking place in June unless it's held behind closed doors..
Old 10 Feb 2021, 12:28 (Ref:4034462)   #252
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Over here, the headstart in the UK is explained (in part, at least) as UK keeping vaccines for themselves.
These things are being said primarily by those governments who were dilatory in ordering their supplies. Let's blame someone else. A bit like China now saying that Covid must have come into China from somewhere else.....
Old 10 Feb 2021, 12:42 (Ref:4034466)   #253
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In general I believe we see a big tendency to blame other nations for how things are going in ones own country.
Honestly I believe none to be the complete truth, but also none to be complete lies.

The worst that could happen is that vaccine production generates further friction between an already historically divided UK/EU partnership.
Old 10 Feb 2021, 13:10 (Ref:4034474)   #254
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It may be down to us 10 Tenthers to keep these relationships in order!

My sense is the travel situation is going to get worse before it gets better. It's quite telling some governments have stopped even making elite sport exemptions now.
Old 10 Feb 2021, 13:33 (Ref:4034478)   #255
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Had my first jab yesterday (no side effects - yet) and have an appointment for vaccination no.2 in April.
My wife (who is 65 - 2 years older than me) has just had her first jab booked for this Saturday with the second booked at the same time for May. The word was that the next 'tranche' including me, will follow pretty soon.
Old 10 Feb 2021, 14:04 (Ref:4034485)   #256
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
In general I believe we see a big tendency to blame other nations for how things are going in ones own country.
Honestly I believe none to be the complete truth, but also none to be complete lies.

The worst that could happen is that vaccine production generates further friction between an already historically divided UK/EU partnership.
Luckily, despite the initial maladroit reaction of the EU when it found itself way behind the UK in implementation of vaccination, any friction was dissipated by Ursula Von der Leyen
today. She told the EU Parliament “The EU is “not where it wants to be. We were late to authorise, We were too optimistic when it came to massive production, and perhaps too confident that what we ordered would actually be delivered on time. We need to ask ourselves why that is the case.”

To get back to the subject of this thread, the slow progress of vaccination in the EU is bound to delay the improvement of the Covid-19 situation in France and the rest of Europe.
The UK Transport Minister is talking about a scheme for holders of "vaccination passport" holders to have holidays at home and abroad. Problem is no one who had so far been vaccinated holds any proof of such vaccination.
The virus is still pandemic and currently the UK case rate per million is still worse than that of most of Europe, including France and Germany.

I'd love to be as optimistic as Simon, but I really don't think there will be a race with spectators this June.
Old 10 Feb 2021, 15:21 (Ref:4034498)   #257
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I am ever optimistic, and by the way the lady you spoke about has a very impressive record for mistakes and being, well let us say useless, but she is the best friend of a certain German chancellor so got the job, The political class always look after their own.
Old 10 Feb 2021, 15:42 (Ref:4034505)   #258
Kpy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
I am ever optimistic, and by the way the lady you spoke about has a very impressive record for mistakes and being, well let us say useless, but she is the best friend of a certain German chancellor so got the job, The political class always look after their own.
For the record the lady was elected by the European Parliament. 383 members voted in her favour, 327 against, and 22 abstained.

But how does that affect whether there's a 24 Hours of le Mans in June?
Old 10 Feb 2021, 16:21 (Ref:4034513)   #259
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well if she had not presided over the mess of ordering vaccines, then perhaps the EU would have been further up the list and if the EU had speeded up it's process of passing the vaccines, loads of If's i know but perhaps then events and travel between the uk and europe might have been possible this year.
Old 10 Feb 2021, 16:25 (Ref:4034515)   #260
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Enough already. We are where we are. Let's keep fingers crossed for a successful LeMans 2021.
Old 10 Feb 2021, 16:27 (Ref:4034516)   #261
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think there are plenty of reasons to look forward to Le Mans this year. I just hope things have improved by then, but I’m sure they will. Let’s just keep our fingers crossed, it’s all we can do
Old 10 Feb 2021, 17:10 (Ref:4034532)   #262
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
yep lets all stay optimistic after all there is not much else to look forward to and i for one want to get in the car and be were i should be in June
Old 10 Feb 2021, 22:18 (Ref:4034581)   #263
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'd say your glass was half full Simon, and I guess I'd be right, because you're bound to have drunk the other half.....
Old 11 Feb 2021, 07:33 (Ref:4034625)   #264
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I'd say your glass was half full Simon, and I guess I'd be right, because you're bound to have drunk the other half.....
Yes, but is it half full with English (Kentish) beer or French wine?

Old 11 Feb 2021, 08:59 (Ref:4034644)   #265
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN2AA0O4
Old 11 Feb 2021, 13:58 (Ref:4034678)   #266
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:

Well in England it will be english beer but in France Red Wine
Old 11 Feb 2021, 15:25 (Ref:4034689)   #267
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Half beer half red wine!

Envoyé de mon SM-A600FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 12 Feb 2021, 07:07 (Ref:4034766)   #268
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
If I were a betting man I would bet on the race being delayed until September at best.

I cant see the French government allowing gatherings of that scale in June
Old 12 Feb 2021, 12:49 (Ref:4034808)   #269
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
If I were a betting man I would bet on the race being delayed until September at best.

I seem to remember similar conversations some ten or so months ago. Then we were still hopeful of a race in June, replaced by thoughts of a race behind closed doors in June, followed by thoughts of a proper race in September - and look what happened.....

Fortunately, the situation - and as a result, governmental response - changes quite rapidly and for the UK at least the outlook is reasonably positive. If hope could influenece the situation, a full race in June would be a certainty. My glass is sadly almost empty, but I have several bottle standing by, ready to fill it to the brim!
Old 12 Feb 2021, 22:05 (Ref:4034897)   #270
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post

That is my view as well.

The relative success of the UK vaccine rollout also offers the paradoxical possibility of it being harder for Brits to attend overseas events even if crowds are allowed, because the UK Govt may well have border controls in place which make travel prohibitive until other countries have caught up.
Old 13 Feb 2021, 15:44 (Ref:4034960)   #271
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
That is my view as well.

The relative success of the UK vaccine rollout also offers the paradoxical possibility of it being harder for Brits to attend overseas events even if crowds are allowed, because the UK Govt may well have border controls in place which make travel prohibitive until other countries have caught up.
And, in all honesty, so they should......
Old 18 Feb 2021, 11:00 (Ref:4035676)   #272
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Getting increasingly sad at realising each time I check this thread, the answer to the title is "no one."
Old 18 Feb 2021, 16:42 (Ref:4035750)   #273
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Getting increasingly sad at realising each time I check this thread, the answer to the title is "no one."
Not if it goes ahead in June. September I'd be more optimistic about.
Old 18 Feb 2021, 16:49 (Ref:4035753)   #274
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
There is still hope. No reason atm to wait till September, hopefully we’ll see a crowd in June
Old 18 Feb 2021, 17:15 (Ref:4035759)   #275
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Only way we'll see a crowd in June is a limited French domestic fanbase.