Nikita Mazepin 0 0%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13 Sep 2021, 08:15 (Ref:4073565)   #26
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
Brilliant Bottas.
The Mercedes team is now feeling deep regret in letting Bottas go and signing Russell. You could easily read the regret all over Toto's face during the race.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
That's the hilarious comment of the day for me.....
Old 13 Sep 2021, 08:18 (Ref:4073567)   #27
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
toss up between valteri and dani but gave it to Dani on the basis i had not voted for him in years
Old 13 Sep 2021, 10:55 (Ref:4073601)   #28
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Tough call - either Ricciardo or Bottas. The Mercedes was clearly the quickest car but Bottas managed to get through the pack and onto the podium, Ricciardo got a great start then controlled it from there. Gave it to Bottas on a tie-break - his grin whilst watching the replay of the Hamilton/Verstappen incident tipped the balance.
Old 13 Sep 2021, 13:06 (Ref:4073622)   #29
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
Hamilton. For trying to get back in the race with a car on his top after an accident he caused.
Stewards seem to disagree.

Anyway, Botty Bot Bot for me. Great driving all weekend.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 13 Sep 2021, 13:15 (Ref:4073625)   #30
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
But a couple of them covered themselves in gravel! (I've been waiting to use that line for sooooo long.)

You're so welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
I fancy Christian Horner is pushed into being an idiot by Marko, and possibly Mateshitz too. He does it very well though, at times.

He excels. I am a bit surprised that Marko is not all over media talking cr*p about Lewis, but maybe even he has a decent bone in his body when realizing the fact that without the halo, we would probably have seen a fatality this race day.
Old 13 Sep 2021, 13:18 (Ref:4073626)   #31
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good points some have raised about Leclerc. He did a really good job as well. Definitely up there on the shortlist for performance of the day.

I found it interesting to read the different driver's comments on the race, and noted which ones mentioned a congratulations to McLaren. I was not surprised Charles and Carlos did it, but it was sweet to see Binotto also doing it.
Old 13 Sep 2021, 13:26 (Ref:4073629)   #32
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasDavour View Post
He excels. I am a bit surprised that Marko is not all over media talking cr*p about Lewis, but maybe even he has a decent bone in his body when realizing the fact that without the halo, we would probably have seen a fatality this race day.
Marko: 'Max was on the inside and didn't have enough room. As a result, he was thrown through the kerbs onto Hamilton's car,'

Wolff: 'I think at that stage he was on the inside, went onto the sausage kerb and jumped. When you look at turn four he backed out. The incident when they crash, it was clear for Max that it would end in a crash.'

Hamilton: 'He knew what was going to happen. He knew he was going over the kerbs.'

Verstappen: 'I don't fully agree with the penalty as I believe it was a racing incident.'
Old 13 Sep 2021, 15:35 (Ref:4073671)   #33
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
Oh well, it would have been nice, wouldn't it?

If Max ever manages to win the title, he will go up there will the flawed geniuses like Schumacher. I wonder what people like that feel if they actually manage to kill someone with their antics?
Old 13 Sep 2021, 22:35 (Ref:4073724)   #34
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
And overreaction of the year goes to....
Old 14 Sep 2021, 04:49 (Ref:4073767)   #35
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dani Ric, well deserved, kudos to Bottas and Lando.
Old 14 Sep 2021, 10:11 (Ref:4073785)   #36
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I may be straying into conspiracy territory in which case slap me down, but I wonder how much over normal Mercedes turned up Bottas's new engine (greatly shortening its life) to get him up into a position where he can influence strategy and/or take points off Red Bull.
Old 14 Sep 2021, 13:25 (Ref:4073828)   #37
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
Bottas engine needs to be there for the rest of the season as well, taking points of RBR, so I think it's fairly certain that they did not turn it up to 11 for this weekend. Bottas just is a very good driver, but mostly gets overshadowed by Max and Lewis.
Old 14 Sep 2021, 13:28 (Ref:4073831)   #38
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He's a more than decent driver - in a Merc. We'll probably get to see just how good he is next season.....
Old 14 Sep 2021, 15:34 (Ref:4073880)   #39
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
He definitely showed enough potential when he was in a Williams, so he should be alright in an Alfa
Old 14 Sep 2021, 23:24 (Ref:4073955)   #40
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
He's a more than decent driver - in a Merc. We'll probably get to see just how good he is next season.....
Personally I think he will thrive with less pressure and his first ever multi-year contract.
Old 15 Sep 2021, 07:46 (Ref:4074017)   #41
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
Personally I think he will thrive with less pressure and his first ever multi-year contract.
It's entirely possible. He needs to though, otherwise his career will quickly spiral out of F1. If the new car turns out to be decent, he could really enhance his reputation now he's out of Lewis' shadow.
Old 15 Sep 2021, 09:24 (Ref:4074035)   #42
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
DC and Massa both ended up going from top cars to midfield cars and it worked for them, as their experience proved invaluable. No reason why Bottas can't do the same
Old 15 Sep 2021, 11:52 (Ref:4074064)   #43
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Likewise, Vettel appears to be making the best of the Aston opportunity. Bottas seems a pretty pragmatic person, so he'll stay motivated and just crack on ?* la Raikkonen.