Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 Oct 2021, 13:19 (Ref:4078879)   #26
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Yes, after I posted that I forgot about that. I should have said ‘ignoring duplicate GPs on the same circuit’
Understood - and I think I get the point you were making.
Old 17 Oct 2021, 22:55 (Ref:4078910)   #27
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Australia will have the GP this time

I have already optimistically booked accom for the Spa-Zandvoort-Monza triple header
Old 18 Oct 2021, 11:07 (Ref:4078950)   #28
Derwent
Racer

Derwent is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Seven of the host countries have dreadful human rights records and there are some whose record on green issues is quite poor as well.
Should F1 be taking a stand?

Last edited by Derwent; 18 Oct 2021 at 11:32.
Old 18 Oct 2021, 12:26 (Ref:4078959)   #29
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwent View Post
Seven of the host countries have dreadful human rights records and there are some whose record on green issues is quite poor as well.
Normally I would say no, it isn't really the sports place.

But when you fly rainbow banners, shout about everyone being equal, champion green tech and introduce women series to promoted gender quality...it becomes hard to ignore these things.

So normally, no. But F1 takes a stand at every other time. So, yes.
Old 18 Oct 2021, 12:37 (Ref:4078960)   #30
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm with you there, it's on the consumer to partake of those things who support similar goals (agendas seems to buzzwordy there) and not those who clash. However, when you make some of those things your deal then you open yourself up for claims of hypocrisy.
Old 18 Oct 2021, 14:37 (Ref:4078990)   #31
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's also possible to pick the right time and place to make a stand in public. In private, we've no idea what discussions take place.
Old 18 Oct 2021, 15:17 (Ref:4078997)   #32
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
as a Canadian it is difficult for me to point the finger at the human rights violations of other nations given my own country's shame. while some would say this is all past behaviour but what was and is done to the Indigenous communities, particularly the residential school system which extended well into the 1980s and 90s and the sheer number of dead children found in unmarked graves, speaks to a level of horror which is recognized as a generations long pogrom of genocide carried out by our own governments against our own citizens and whose legacy is still deeply felt today.

as for the environment, Canada ranks near the top, if not number 1, in household waste produced. our affluence allows us to consume and our cheap energy (much of which came at the expense of those same Indigenous communities) allows us to consume even more.

so should Canada be removed from the calendar as well?

difficult questions to be sure. perhaps one made even more difficult for the Canadian GP because of the support/funding/subsidies it receives from the various branches of gov't.

i have no answers!

Last edited by chillibowl; 18 Oct 2021 at 15:22.
Old 18 Oct 2021, 23:27 (Ref:4079063)   #33
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
I'm not sure there's any country in the world that's above reproach.
Old 3 Mar 2022, 11:25 (Ref:4101020)   #34
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
In a different context - F1 has - Formula 1 has terminated its contract with the Russian Grand Prix.
Old 4 Mar 2022, 13:25 (Ref:4101188)   #35
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Name any country that hosts a GP and I guarantee they will have violated human rights to an extent that will make your hair curl.
Every country seems to set standards of hypocrisy to suit whatever agenda they are trying to push according to the amount of force they can bring to back up their position.
Old 4 Mar 2022, 14:23 (Ref:4101204)   #36
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Name any country that hosts a GP and I guarantee they will have violated human rights to an extent that will make your hair curl.
Every country seems to set standards of hypocrisy to suit whatever agenda they are trying to push according to the amount of force they can bring to back up their position.
Shhhh, how dare you bring up history sucks for everyone
Old 6 Mar 2022, 04:13 (Ref:4101358)   #37
Skam85
Veteran

I would like to see Sepang take Sochi's place.